Ray Stevenson Passed Away at 58

Underrated movie imo

1 Like

I would not consider a 58 person as young. They are old enough to almost get senior citizen discounts and, for most, looking to start winding down their careers.

Heck Iā€™m nearly 40 and know Iā€™m well past my prime. Dude literally has 20 years on me.

1 Like

As a guy in his late 40s, the idea of dying just 10 years from now would feel like a slap in the face. Everything Iā€™ve gone through just to get to this point, let me enjoy it in my golden years at least. But death is certain, the hour unseen, so I live pretty much like Iā€™ve got less time than I likely actually have.

2 Likes

My brother is 58. His kids are 14, 12 and 10 years old. Heā€™s just discovering a new career path and a new hobby.

Perspective is key. Letā€™s not dismiss people based on age. Thank you.

Sounds like a you problem. Iā€™m 46 and still donā€™t feel like Iā€™ve hit that point. I have lots to do in life.

So again, itā€™s a perspective thing and shouldnā€™t mean we just dismiss him based on age.

Iā€™m not going to devolve this thread, so Iā€™ll leave it at that.

5 Likes

Never heard of himā€¦ will Google him in a bit

wrong person [Anthony Hopkins] was odin

Alan Watts died at 58 as well. Great speaker, real spiritual dude, it is downright odd to me that he drank himself to death. You mean the same guy who talked about the nature of reality so eloquently was also a terminal drunk? Mind blown.

Sorry to derail, his spirit lives on in Youtube if anyone is curious.

Sure. In 1940. But you do know the avg expectancy has gone up.

2 Likes

Probably can take a guess what it was but damn, 58 is still not THAT old.
He was a cool actorā€¦ oh whatta shame.

Donā€™t know him from anything but still sad to see how common this is becoming. So many ā€œsuddenā€ and ā€œunexpectedā€ deaths since 2021.

Alcoholism is a disease. People can be as insightful and spiritual as anything, but that doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re immune to an inherited disease. It sucks, itā€™s sad. My uncle and other brother are alcoholics. :slightly_frowning_face:

2 Likes

Never heard of him.

1 Like

Googled him just now and apparently heā€™s some ā€œside-characterā€ in various shows/movies

Still donā€™t really know much about him since I donā€™t really pay attention to side-characters when watching a movie

Has no idea what the post is even about.

Still feels the need to post and tell us they have no idea what the post is even about.

+1 to post count!

I kind of feel like weā€™re diminishing someoneā€™s achievements in life when things like this are said. And I may be wrong in that or how I perceive it.

Volstagg was a popular character for Marvel fans. Black Beard was also a popular character. And so was The Punisher.

He was also in Vikings, plays a major part in Ahsoka and is still a person, regardless of their career. We donā€™t really need to know who they are or feel theyā€™re just a ā€œside characterā€ to be sad someone died.

Iā€™m not saying this is your view, just saying this is what these sorts of things sound like to me.

1 Like

If not they will have to edit his last scene so that he dies.

I think that may have been the characters fate already in the series.
Recasting can be a pain for sure if his character doesnā€™t pass on, watching Jonathan Majors real closely as well in regards to recasting.

He was awesome in The Punisher. Best Frank Castle.