Ravencrest's Legacy Scenario bugged

I cannot complete this quest repair the deactivated moon guard portal if anyone could give any advice it would be appreciated
Same problem here
OMG!! Finally I was able to complete this scenario. I just happen to be looking for a key bind setting and found that the AUTO ATTACK was renamed to ATTACK TARGET. I set my key binding to the letter T. AND YAS!!! It finally worked. I just completed on my Warlock alt and now going to do the other characters that were stuck.
I was having an issue where an ability was not showing up on Illidan vehicle action bar. I got past that by restoring to default all my keybinds (annoying).

But now the ability costs 20k to cast and the Illidan vehicle only has about 4.5k mana, so still can't use it! BFA scaling I'm thinking... and they didn't adjust the quest.

I can almost get to the 2nd portal just using auto attack but I run low on HP and have to retreat to portal and then the demons fill back up.
07/19/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Powers
I was having an issue where an ability was not showing up on Illidan vehicle action bar. I got past that by restoring to default all my keybinds (annoying).

But now the ability costs 20k to cast and the Illidan vehicle only has about 4.5k mana, so still can't use it! BFA scaling I'm thinking... and they didn't adjust the quest.

I can almost get to the 2nd portal just using auto attack but I run low on HP and have to retreat to portal and then the demons fill back up.

Same thing happening to me as well.
Super bugged for me, even with all mods disabled. Buttons don't show, arcane siphon doesn't regen mana. After each phase I exited and re-entered the scenario. Was able to do this to get to the last phase. Unfortunately in the last phase you have to go <20% mana, arcane siphon mana back, and get a new action button to appear. I could go sub 20%, but not regen mana or get the final action button to appear. Exiting the scenario doesn't help here because you cannot re-enter midway through a phase (after going sub 20%). I couldn't find a way to get by it. Anyone have any tricks to offer?
Just wasted hours on this, it is ridiculously bugged. Ability buttons don’t appear, mana levels are squished but mana costs are NOT, arcane siphon just stops working after a couple uses and portals don’t refill mana (only health), so it’s game over real fast. Bugs are inevitable with a new expansion, and that’s fine, but this scenario was clearly a mess BEFORE the pre-patch...so Blizzard failed to fix for years (going by Wowhead comments), then allowed new xpac to exacerbate the problem. UGH!!

EDIT: Yes, I tried without addons...
07/19/2018 05:33 PMPosted by Powers

^^^^ THIS. THIS RIGHT HERE. OMG. THIS.
Dropped and restarted the quest and only had 4K+ mana (hard to cast Stormrage at a cost of 20K mana). I exited and re-entered and then had a mana pool of over 80K mana.

I got stuck at 22% (18,543) mana...I can't siphon my moonguard because I'm over 20% mana and I can't get rid any mana because I only have the "Stormrage" attack, which costs 20K mana (the other two attacks never appeared. No add ons, reloaded UI a dozen times and nothing.

After much exiting and re-entering to get the keys to appear on my bar, I was finally able to eventually make it to the Colossal Siegebreaker, but when I jumped into the arena, Collapsing Star never appeared on my toolbar. I tried this numerous times, disabled add ons, reloaded ui, exited/entered etc and nothing.

How can we be less than a month away from BFA and they STILL haven't fixed this quest that we NEED for our Class Hall advancement?
Same problem stuck with one portal activated. Keep being stuck with not enough mana and unable to gain more then 18,525 mana.
At first i never got the jump ability and almost reach the end of the stairs with basic attacks, but I died or had to back to heal and then demons filled the place.

So i clicked exit and when i got back i had the jump ability. Tried to exit the scenario and enter again many times and sometimes i had 4k mana, sometimes 56k, 71k, 80ish k or 100k mana, but i never got close to the second portal and now entered i cant even repair the portal.

Still not complete. Really i thought i just had not the trick, at least im not the only one... still sucks.
Same problem here, I hope they can fix it.
fighting this bug as well: pls fix
Just finished the quest after two hours of attempts.

I've never done this quest before the patch so I can't say how it's supposed to work. I suspect the mana syphon is supposed to syphon way more mana from the moon guards than it does.
Also there are scripted triggers that are supposed to give you buffs and abilities. These don't work. To get them to trigger you need to exit and re-enter the quest. Your progress is saved as long as you re-enter right away.

There are three phases and you need to exit and re-enter the quest at least three times.

In first phase exiting and re-entering gives you the stormrage ability and 4x200% damage buff. Your strategy is to rush the moon gates, have your moon guards teleport right behind you and tank while you activate them.

Second phase is the demon with the shield. Leave and re-enter to get 16 stacks of damage buff as well as the cosmic ray ability. Now you can take down his shield and kill him.

After you kill him is a good time to do the side quests.

Third stage is the infernal. Leave and re-enter and you get 30 stacks of damage buff.

Sometimes when you leave and re-enter you get only 4k max mana. Leave and re-enter to roll a different number for max mana. Sometimes you get 100k so you can keep syphoning to get to 20k to use stormrage.

Edit: Perhaps you get the damage stacks when you drain the moon guards and it's not automatic. The buffs will show up after you exit and re-enter the scenario.
1 Like
07/21/2018 01:12 PMPosted by Bigaxe
Just finished the quest after two hours of attempts.

I've never done this quest before the patch so I can't say how it's supposed to work. I suspect the mana syphon is supposed to syphon way more mana from the moon guards than it does.
Also there are scripted triggers that are supposed to give you buffs and abilities. These don't work. To get them to trigger you need to exit and re-enter the quest. Your progress is saved as long as you re-enter right away.

There are three phases and you need to exit and re-enter the quest at least three times.

In first phase exiting and re-entering gives you the stormrage ability and 4x200% damage buff. Your strategy is to rush the moon gates, have your moon guards teleport right behind you and tank while you activate them.

Second phase is the demon with the shield. Leave and re-enter to get 16 stacks of damage buff as well as the cosmic ray ability. Now you can take down his shield and kill him.

After you kill him is a good time to do the side quests.

Third stage is the infernal. Leave and re-enter and you get 30 stacks of damage buff.

Sometimes when you leave and re-enter you get only 4k max mana. Leave and re-enter to roll a different number for max mana. Sometimes you get 100k so you can keep syphoning to get to 20k to use stormrage.

Edit: Perhaps you get the damage stacks when you drain the moon guards and it's not automatic. The buffs will show up after you exit and re-enter the scenario.

THIS
But fighting the colossal siegebreaker was a pain cos he was immune to all my attacks. still finished tho because it died painfully slow to 7 stacks of unerring shear.
Still broken, abilities don't show up, no mana regen. I have exited and entered numerous times. Please fix.
Confirming still broken.
OK so I just struggled with this for longer than necessary and came across this thread while googling. The quest is bugged, without question, but it's doable. Hopefully this can help some of you.

1) before starting, disable all addons, reloadui
2) default attack is right click
3) the first part you activate 3 portals. each portal is *supposed* to give a new spell and refill your health/mana.
3a) the above may not happen, but the scenario saves your progress. if the new portal doesn't refill mana or give you a new spell, exit/re-enter the scenario and you'll be refilled again and see the new spell on your bar.
3b) dive bomb each next portal/boss as needed; do not try to fight each group individually, run through. you'll have enough mana to clear all pulled mobs at the next portal + activate. I had to refill mana by exiting each time.
3c) if you load in with only 4k mana instead of 90k, just exit/re-join again
4) each boss basically has a new spell added just for defeating them. if you don't see it, exit/rejoin
5) don't forget the side quest out in the cemetery. :)

I bounced in/out of the scenario maybe 10 times to get things completed, but once I stopped banging my head against the wall with Illidans single right-click attack, and realized the UI wasn't working, it was pretty easy.
1 Like
still borked, abilities don't show up sometimes, no mana regen, and you seem to start with a random amount of mana every time you re-enter.