Rated PvP Seasonal Mount Adjustment

A welcome adjustment. I won’t hold my breath waiting for any gear upgrade rank adjustments. Since this change wasn’t accompanied by any admission of the issues that rankings have had this season.

1 Like

Out of curiosity why is it not 0? A wins a win and it’s feel kind of crappy that we don’t get credit for anything below 1400…1000 now.

4 Likes

Holy yikes that is some nother level ofsalt. Cheer up buddy. It sucks u can’t have everything but that’s life.

2 Likes

The vast majority of active players in the bracket are 1000+. According to this site only 3.74% of players are below 1000.
https://luduslabs.org/sotl/9.0.5-and-beyond
My guess is they don’t want a bunch of bots in the very bottom of the ladder farming these mounts.

1 Like

cuz u dont lsoe rating under 1k

2 Likes

Will gladiator be changed to 2000 as compensation for boosters as well?

Would be a great change.

2 Likes

they are probably dropping the requrement because they know the ladders are messed up

LOL :joy:

I’m actually in shock at this change. Like what

2 Likes

I wonder who’s fault that is.

Time to go help my 1200 friends on my 220 alts in the 1100 bracket.

I’m sure this won’t cause morale and participation problems for the folks still trying to get to 1400 for gear. :V

4 Likes

I am pretty sure those folks gave up a long time ago.

1 Like

Was pugging some games in the really low CR brackets on alts to just get some base CR before our actual RBG nights and… they’re still trying.

I also just got a ton of requests on twitter for help with this from people hardstuck at like 1300 who just want the mount, and don’t care about gear/pvp at all.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t the only pvp change.

Because like… 1400 is not much, and it’s needed to upgrade conquest gear to 207, which also isn’t that much.

Maybe if players struggle to reach 1400, you should take care of boosting issue. Maybe improve on finding partners, it’s hard for people to get into arenas when they don’t have anyone to play it. This aspect remains most… alien.

And don’t even get me started on 200 ilvls being matched with 225 ilvl players.

3 Likes

My alt paladin is 207 ilvl. I simply could not beat 226 ilvl players carrying folks in 3s consistently to push rating to 1400.

On my main I am stuck at 2300. Even faced an awc champion lol.

4 Likes

This is a good change . Good job blizzard.

There are 1000 other issues to fix, but that doesn’t change the fact you have to fix them one by one.

For your next fix, consider adding in. 200 ilvl starter pvp set. Like 158 honor gear should start at 200…

1 Like

If anyone with sub-1400 going for a saddle can report on this, that’d be awesome.

1 Like

This is a very interesting situation as I’ve liked that spider since I first saw it.

How does one who admittedly sucks hind teat at PvP get to a 1000 rating without buying it?

hey while you are at it please lower rating requirements on gear. I got 1800 middle of the season and then pretty much stopped playing and it was much tougher than it should have been with all the boosters and hands off approach to balancing the game. Had to fight a lot of glads boosting people to get it.

I think 1800 should be max item level gear anything beyond is just cosmetic rewards and put something on the gear that makes it PVP gear but it does nothing in PVE so anything but versatility.

1 Like

I think this is a good change.

Frankly back in BFA I grinded out 4 classes to 1800 2’s and that still wasn’t enough to get me over 70% of the bar.

So I’m fine with keeping rating requirement high and dropping the amount of points or lowering rating requirement but keeping the point req (as was done) where it was. Alternatively, a sliding scale of points towards mounts based on rating would work too (i.e. higher rating contributes more).

TL;DR grinding out wins just to fill the bar was just a irritating and took far longer than any rating I was trying to target.

1 Like

This is great!

Basement nerd elitism ruin this game. People just want to play, particpate, and get rewards.

5 Likes