Rare mounts

Dataforazeroth shows the five rarest in-game available mounts to be:

• Skyskin Hornstrider (0.2296% of accounts)
  • Liberated Slyvern (.2861%)
  • Prestigious Bloodforged Courser (.4214%)
  • Iskaara Trader’s Ottuk (.5243%)
  • Divine Kiss of Ohn’ahra (.5984%)

Yeah, the one that drops off Timewalking dungeons.

Is it or you think there are other rarer that you have?

I don’t even want to guess how long I’ve spent trying to get that stupid turtle…

Well those two are rep grind mounts, which I get not everyone does but, I also have Invincible, Alar, Mimiron’s head, Headless Horseman’s Mount, the turtle from fishing, the 100 exalted reps mount that I would think would qualify as more rare.

Ivory hawkstriker is probably up there in rarest and most effort to get mount atm, due to requiring both pet battles and world pvp in legion areas

Probably easier with a second account maybe

The arokan war turtle from legion that requires like 150 curious coins to buy also

If you have gold cap you can buy plagued proto drake

1 Like

2 rep mounts that are only available to the alliance, requires exalted with the rep, costs a lot of gold to purchase and was released 5 years ago.

Invincible is farmable solo, with as many decently leveled character that you have, every week, both factions, for the past 14 years.

Not really a surprise…

(Invincible 14%. Those rep mounts are 3%)

And is not available to purchase every week.

You’re missing the current season gladiator mount which sits at 0.0119%. Actually, now that I looked at dataforazeroth the only thing rarer than the current gladiator mount are the old epic mounts that were removed in vanilla, and even then only some of them. It’s rarer than every other mount, both obtainable and unobtainable, including things like the black battle tank and every other gladiator mount.

Maybe that will change as the season goes on and inflation kicks in, but right now it’s extraordinarily rare.

Heavenly Onyx Cloud serpent
Baron Rivenere’s Charger
Ashes of Alar
Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank
Time-lost Proto Drake

Ah, you’re right. I turned off temporarily available mounts, and I guess it includes that even if it is currently available.

The only rare mounts still left that haven’t been removed are the gladiator drakes.

Maybe the pink rocket. Honorable mention to TCG for being expensive.

Have you tried garrison fishing? If you can manage to get a group together, both the Sea Turtle and the Riding Turtle drop from the fishing in the Garrison (which I think needs to be Level 3, not sure about that). I already had one of them from fishing in MoP but I got the other one after only about half an hour fishing with a group in the garrison.

1 Like

Idk but infinite timeweaver is absolutely one of them.

I got both the Blue Protodrake and the Infinite Timeweaver from TW dungeons. So if people can put up with doing the TW stuff they are quite possible. And it didn’t take me years, only a couple of the events.

good for you. :+1:

What’s a rare mount? Those don’t exist anymore with how much retail throws them at you.

It wasn’t a brag, I was merely saying that it didn’t take that many attempts. I dont know what the drop rate is for them but I did many hundreds of kills for one of the serpent mounts, if the mount you mentioned is also listed at a low rate then I guess my luck just happened to be on for that. Unlike the rocket (and other various low chances) which despite years of attempts still haven’t happened…

it’s very low. Rarity says 1/4000 chance. I’ve farmed it since day 1. I probably have over 10k timewalking kills and don’t have it. To me thats rare. Whatever person comes in and says they got it in two boss kills, cool, but it’s very rare mount speaking just from probability.

And now I need to do more fishing in my Garrison

Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank…still working on
The Garrison turtle one from fishing…still working on it

Those are the 2 that I’m working on.
The Barons mount took me over 4k runs to get.