Rare mounts

Baron Rivendare’s mount obviously.

You’ll probably hate me but I got the deathcharger on a completely random run of the dungeon. I wasn’t even aware there was a mount in that dungeon at the time. My whole group rolled need on it and I won the roll!

Only later did I find out how rare it was and why my GF was so salty that she didn’t win the roll when I said I didnt even really care about the mount itself, it was just another mount for the collection ^^;

I can appreciate its rarity now though and am glad I have it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Likewise, i won it while just lvling an alt in the dungeon

1 Like

Its not really rare its just gold vendor mount

I have an extra Ashes of Alar and Raven Lord, oh and Tusks of Manoroth.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Is deathcharger hard to get? I think I got it on my first run?

According to dataforazeroth, my rarest mount is iskaara trader’s ottuk, which requires you to trade 2 necks from the new raid, it shows <1%.

And then one that’s been out for more than the expansion, is Solar Spirehawk that drops from rukhmar in WoD, at 2% and rising since they increased the drop chance.

I’m in the process of getting Otto, which I’m certain is at least the same rarity as the trader’s ottuk.

1 Like

3 Likes

Interesting, it may have 5% ownership, but everyone who owns it seems to ride it. It was everywhere in SL. (And, yes, I have one, only mount I’ve ever dropped cash $$$ on.)

1 Like

What a great site, hadn’t heard of it before. Mine were Kiss of Ohn’arha, Desires Battle Gargon and Thundering Cobalt Cloud Serpent.

1 Like

Mimiron’s Head has been the one evading me for years and years

People have been known to run this more than a dozen times a week for this mount. I suppose some folks will do anything to get a head.

2 Likes

One day I’ll get that head… Mimiron’s Head.

I got the Deathcharger in like BC or Wrath. On accident. I was farming something else, I don’t remember what.

Current season’s Gladiator mount def up there.

There are less than 400 people over 2400 in 3s on the US servers, you can figure some below 2400 might have the glad mount and dropped, but some above 2400 probably dont have the wins for it yet. I dunno if anything else that is currently obtainable is as rare as that.

Love rocket
Ashes of Alar
Rivendares Charger
Invincible
Time lost proto drake

1 Like

I got a chuckle as this site says my two rarest mounts are the exalted mounts from Order of Embers and Storm’s Wake.

I strongly suggest blizzard have fixed spawn schedule for rare mount bosses, waiting for each like 1/2-1hour every day is just stupid, they can keep the drop rate low, but take the guess game out of it, it only waste everyone’s time, with 0 benefit to players and to blizzard, they are time gated just like love rocket, so what the hell is the problem?