Ranking/pvp RP gains seems to be wrong. (SOM)

This, Blizz needs to fix ranks for anyone who did not receive the correct rank. If they dont, it is a spit in the face to the players who wasted the last two weeks grinding who expected to be much further along. Instead of gearing in dungeons I have been pushing BGs and apparently for nothing. Now as a tank for the guild I am having to try and smash some dungeon gear out before our first MC. Someone on EU went from R3 to R6 while being standing 800. A bunch of us in my guild were top 15 standing R3 and R4 and only jumped into R5. Blizz crapped the bed hard

6 Likes

Blockquote

Are you saying that on EU its working and this is a NA thing?

EU it is half working, they got the double gains but still 20% decay. Thread was started with pictures showing it all.

It’s as simple as rate_factor-> 0.4, not what you described.

Yea but what about fixing current rp? prob unlikely

@kaivax Any updates? you have already fixed it for EU so its obvious people are addressing the issue. Will we have our last 2 weeks compensated or is it too hard for you to fix?

2 Likes

@kaivax can you explain why blizzard didn’t notice the ranking system wasn’t working after day 1 of SoM when EU players weren’t getting double RP?

2 Likes

We are technically not even at 1 week of honor w/ the original ranking system because st1 gives r7 w/ SoM double rp, but with the second week having some decay, st1 2 weeks in a row only gives high r6 so god damn it

1 Like

yup it is pathetic. They need to credit everyone the correct ranks. A lot of ppl were banking on ranks to get raid ready

1 Like

Yeah I hope they do, it definitely is doable IMO.

1 Like

Also I was referring to my suspicions of a branching error causing the lack of an updated rate factor.

I’m worried blizzard won’t rectify this.

2 Likes

Should they? Yes. Do we want them to? Yes. Will they? Probably not, current blizz is an absolute disaster and joke

4 Likes

They never said they were doubling the decay, the math wizards on this forum just decided that since rate factor adjustment was from 20 to 40 that this applied to the decay too, because you know, it was also 20

decay is supposed to be 1/2 of the normal rate and that has not been applying

Dudes. Math is hard.

I’m pretty sure even how much toilet paper to use in the bathrooms has to go through eight different useless committees and departments within the company.

Ignore the player base for 2 weeks when they report an issue. When it finally becomes so painfully obvious its broken all you get as a response is ‘We are investigating this issue’, then nothing for over 12h despite them fixing it on EU… what a joke… they probably dont even have the means to rectify it. Guess the only way to get bugs fixed is if you are a streamer.

2 Likes

They only said they were doubling RP, decay was never addressed but wildly speculated upon

We need a solution and retroactive update to ranks. So much time wasted doing BGs thinking I was going to get more honor.

1 Like