Ranking/pvp RP gains seems to be wrong. (SOM)

Amen. As Kissbaby said the last 2 weeks are more aless wasted as it does not even give 1 rank that you would have gotten normally if the system wasn’t broken. The first 2 weeks were super competitive with honor too given how bgs weren’t popping for the most part. I myself reported this issue multiple times on both this forum and the bug forum and got no response. Will definitely suck hard if they can’t fix it because someone was too incompetent to check if the system even worked before releasing it…

2 Likes

I don’t think they’ve ever retroactively fixed something like this. According to the euros on reddit it’s been hotfixed and is finally working as intended. I’ll be surprised if Blizzard even address it again.

Welcome to the season of misery.

Actually at this point it’s proven fact… as per my early posts.

1 Like

Double contribution points and double decay is what they’ve outlined implicitly.

1 Like

EU has rank nines already. How is it possible that they are delivering honor correctly on European servers but not on US?

What a mess

Its not even correct on EU i believe, they have 1 week of normal rates still, just this past week (todays update) has had the double rp

It’s not a proven fact, you haven’t demonstrated anything, and none of the data in the blue posts or what we’ve actually seen on the servers validates what you keep claiming. The data we are seeing from the euros post reset is that it was a straight up doubling of RP awarded with no change to decay.

You can post your own written formula a dozen times, you haven’t proven or verified anything.

1 Like

No update today… great…

Oh sweet summer child.

If they dont back date it will only benefit their time played metric.

1 Like

If honor gain is doubled but decay too, it’ll be impossible to get r14 on Lionheart. Even with our current pool padding we have hardly enough player to get the top standing player in bracket 11. Blizzard need to adress this because a lot of player plan to quit if the system is brocken like this.

Where did blizzard say decay was doubled?

if they doubled current rp it would be what it is suppose to be (just saying)

1 Like

How do 10-year-old 4chan memes make it here? Is this something that was recycled through Reddit or something?

Simple solution!

Decay is technically just negative awarded RP, which happens when your current rank value is higher than your pvp bracket for the week. We can look to blizzard blue posts to examine why this is the case :

“In WoW Classic, after calculating your expected rank each week, you would move 20% of the distance between your current rank and your expected rank. We’re increasing that to 40% per week for Season of Mastery.”

Note that when climbing ranks your current rank is lower than your expected rank, so you bridge the gap by double what the system did in the past, from 20% to 40%, an effective “doubling” of the awarded RP. However, when dropping rank the same is true. Let’s look at the equation posted by blizzard :

*This can be simplified to: (this_week’s_expected_points - current_ranking_points) * rate_factor.

Since the rate factor was doubled from 20% to 40%, what this means is that in cases when you are gaining rank (the value in the parenthesis is positive) you will be awarded twice as much. In cases when you are losing rank (the value in the parenthesis is negative) you will lose twice as much.

Hope that clears things up!

So If they double our gaining RP and double the weekly decay, how does that play out for ranking?

Is it faster or the same?

After playing it in my head over and over, I think you are just doubling the net positive after the break down, so if you played consistently then you would reach the rank you would of naturally gotten to faster.

it is twice as fast, assuming your ending pvp bracket RP value is higher than your current rank for each of the 6 weeks minimum needed to hit r14.

Decay is NOT something that happens every week, only when you fail to reach parity by having a lower bracket than your current rank. So having double decay will NEVER impact someone who was in the top bracket every week. Remember, Decay is just another word for “negative RP gain”.

As an aside, I’d like to add that you could also calculate “double decay” to happen each week if you used an equation something like this :

RPtotal = (CurrentRP * Decayfactor) + RPgain

I think this is the equation most people have probably used when thinking about the pvp system, with Decayfactor being .8 for 20%, or .6 for 40%. If you set the Decayfactor to .6 and doubled the RPgain you would also come to the same result as what blizzard posted. Either way , the numbers are exactly the same and r14 is accomplished within 6 weeks.

1 Like

Thanks for that, took awhile for me to grasp the concept, I got stuck on the two canceling each other out, when Infact there is a gain.

So are they going for credit us the RP they didn’t give us?

3 Likes