Rank3 essences should be baseline now

lol why did this post get flagged, did he hurt someones feelings with the truth?

1 Like

It doesn’t really at all. A few stray items when the main ilvl you get is 445 doesn’t make the content current. Most people wouldn’t bother with it at all if not for essences.

New players won’t need them for a long time, r3 essences won’t make much of a difference from r2 in anything but the hardest content where you need to squeeze every ounce of advantage. Knowing your class is far more important.

Its okay, er… well it’s not technically “okay” since false flagging is a huge problem on the forums but what I mean to say is that thankfully flags are reviewed and mines already been undone and my post unhidden since, quite obviously, it isn’t actually breaking any rules.

1 Like

exactly, the auto flag system is ridiculous.

It is outdated content to deny that is ludicrous. The essence system in general was badly thought out and I say that as someone who has multiple rank 4s done.

You probably have until Dec for SLs. So you still have about 5+ months of BFA left. If it takes you that long to earn your essences, you are doing something wrong.

It’s not really that.
I have standards for who and how I want to run.
It doesn’t really help in most cases, if I’m being honest but it can definitely make things easier for that particular run.

1 Like

Those characters weren’t new lol they were in bis from the previous patch including essences. Also the players weren’t new which is what this thread is about.

Rank one or two is usually only slightly behind rank 3

Yeah that’s bs lol

Much exaggeration, yes?

nah
lmao
r1 Lucid compared to r2/r3 Lucid is an explosive difference in power.

What? Assaults take like 10 minutes each…

1 Like

Yeah that 3-5% vers proc is probably like a 2-3% DPS increase. The leech is good for raid healing but you get most of the effect from rank 2

Returning player here, I’ve been focusing on getting my toons all ready for SL(what even is the abbreviation for shadowlands) and don’t care at all about the visions or anything since I got flying in 4 days. Do I need to care at all about those essences if I don’t do mythic+ or mythic raids? Only thing I care about is the heroic raid achievement for the mount and that will be a joke once everyone else is geared and I can just get carried

That is what happens when you don’t do the content when it is current.

I really don’t understand why people who just want to play come and go figure the game should be adjusted for them. Adjusting things just keeps perpetuating the problem of the come and go people. Making things easier to do in a month means you are more likely to leave and next time do the same thing.

1 Like

So you give people the essences and then what? What do they do then. The raid on heroic and under that has been trivial for several weeks (cause lets be honest asking people to do mythic raiding is beyond 19 out of 20 people).

No keep the essences in like they are now and the grind for flying. It gives them something to do.

No.
The opposite, actually as I found.
The growth between 2 to 3 is almost sevenfold. The power disparities in BfA are dumb beyond dumb.
I’d like to clarify that I don’t agree with OP, even remotely.
If you would like video game thing, play video game.

This is false, but also it’s a good thing they don’t need rank 3s, rank 2s work well enough.