Rank 3 isn't high enough

lol! You’re crazy. Blizzard gave us revered for free. Having an idea that this is difficult still is holding you back.

And I play far less than you spend time on the forums. Just use your time more productively.

“free” :joy:

You have no concept of how much time you spend on this game.

I really think they need to add “nodes” at 25% of each rank that grant some kind of gear that keeps up with raid gear in each phase. And then extend the time it takes to rank through each rank so the amount of time it’d take you to gear up through pvp matchs the amount of time it’d take you to gear up through raiding.

As it stands, pvpers have to raid in order to not get facerolled. That’s just not remotely how classic works. A very fundamental component of classic is the choice to gear up through pvp.

Yea, in comparison to what the grind was in other iterations of the game… WSG rep is virtually free with the BFA.

It’s past night and day.

Unfortunately, it’s not about your feelings.

Yeah, it’s so much easier that it actually became fun because you could see yourself moving up and reaching your goals and getting the gear before 60 so it felt like you could benefit through all the phases. Super, super pleased with this choice on Blizzard’s part.

But imo Boreas I wouldn’t worry about the ranks so much. If R6 is the next cap like people are saying, we don’t even know if Blizz will add new items besides the updated necklace that is datamined.

That means that, assuming the WSG bracers are in the game, R5 bracers won’t be necessary, R6 is just a tabard, and you will easily achieve R4 for the neck early in the phase if needed. After that you will naturally achieve R6 before Phase 3 assuming you keep participating and doing something in STV and Arathi, etc.

Big difference between “in comparison to what the grind was before” and “free”

It is not free. You were online constantly to level up quickly enough to get the revered before it got nerfed to the ground. Now, we get like 2, maybe 3 battles a day on the most populated server (Crusader Strike).

That was my thought as well. Just being stopped at 3 feels silly, that’s all.

I get you. I felt bummed about it at first too because it really does feel like a lot of wasted honor.

I think it will be the same next phase feeling bad about R6 being capped (if we even get R6!), but it will feel especially bad in Phase 3 if we are capped right before we could ensure having full blue pvp gear right at 60.

Here are the (abbreviated) original level caps from classic, which I believe we may be following in SoD (because the client is the same):

Level 30 and below - R3
Level 40 - R5
Level 50 - R9
Level 60 - R14

i must have missed this where did they confirm that??

Funny thing is, I don’t know where they confirmed STV either but wowhead has it listed here: https://www.wowhead.com/classic/news/four-phases-planned-for-season-of-discovery-in-2024-336862

1 Like

Nah, Rank 3 was the right cap to choose at this level range. Rank 4 would have been a stretch Pre-30, let alone anything beyond that.

I still like that Blizz stated additional tier sets are on the table.

Gnomeregan is next raid

ew, really?
How much do they hate horde? All the runes in alliance areas, and now the next raid lol

You gotta be a sociopath or a masochist to do this at level 25. It is ungodly boring

I’m 5.5k rep away from exalted! :smiley:

Yea, that is gross. I queued up WSG today and ran into about 80% premades and priest stacking

Good on you for pushing through. It was torture to even do 10 games in that environment

1 Like

deleted to make a new thread

There’s this remarkable place called “the outdoors”, where you’ll encounter epic raid bosses like “the sun’s warming rays” with renowned mechanics such as “touching grass”.

I recommend this encounter if you find yourself out of things to do in PvP. As a side benefit it’s even good for your health and mental wellness!

Nah it makes sense because level cap is 25 and the extra ranks would be worthless more or less…