Randomly lost trust level 3

Hello I just recently re-gained my trust level 3 after being absent awhile and suddenly lost it again with no actions on my account.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

Gaining and keeping trust level 3 is an on-going thing. Say, if you stop reading posts for about 30 days out of 90, that 30 days worth of not reading posts will catch up and drop you down to level 2 when your read requirement isn’t meant for the 90 days when it does it check for the time frame.

5 Likes

No. It decays now.

2 Likes

Hmm i swear I’m on forums so daily can’t imagine it would decay. Bummer thanks guys.

1 Like

You dipped a little in posts read, need a hair over 2k.

7 Likes

Thank you. I guess I have been a little busy trying to get R1 MM in shuffle and not as active then.

I got so close 2596 and needed 2688 and then got a bunch of triple melee lobbies and fell to oblivion.

Back to brooding and hanging out on forums and getting that post count up! Appreciate the quick response!

1 Like

Technically speaking, it has always decayed for regular users since they switched to Discourse.

5 Likes

To build on what Ekon is saying. The decay has always happened, however what seems to have occurred is that when the last beta happened there was a bug where accounts could not post in the Beta Forums. To fix the bug they had to give everyone TL 3 access. This apparently gave it to people permanently in error. They just recently corrected it so now the accounts are working as intended.

6 Likes

Try the wagfle mega thread p2 its at 20k.

Just as a reminder, make sure any posts you are reading have been created within the last 100 days. Older posts will not count towards the requirement.

2 Likes

I also just saw that I have lost access to the lounge; what’s going on here? I’ve had it for years till just recently.

You must maintain the requirements in order to keep it.

You had access granted via being in the Beta group. Due to a Forum limitation, there was a need to grant all Beta participants Trust Level 3 in order to be able to post in the Beta forums. That issue was rectified recently and anyone who had not earned Trust Level 3 via the requirements had it removed.

More info on the requirements for Trust Level 3 can be found in this post:

6 Likes

The Mods who now have to deal with the correct people that have earned TL3? You lost it for the reason described already. If you don’t like that post in the Forums Bug Report forums. This is currently working as designed.

Being belligerent to other posters who gave you the answer that you asked isn’t welcome here and can lead to your posting privileges.

5 Likes

You will not be given notice of it being lost. It is up to the individual person to maintain the requirements.

Correct, we cannot. You can post and ask a Blizzard employee if perhaps they can tell you what you are missing.

Best of luck.

4 Likes

Considering it has been a few weeks now since that fix went in it’s safe to say you probably weren’t benefitting from the beta access flag. At least not exclusively.

Perhaps a gentler approach and asking what you still need to catch up on as several others have done since then will inform you what remains of it when someone is back in the office and has a moment to check the forums.

In the meantime, Kyzera has graciously provided the metrics you can track once that answer has been provided.

3 Likes

You are about 250 short on topics viewed.

A little over 16k short on posts read

25 short on likes given.

These decay, so it’s an ongoing thing.

I would caution, however, that any account actions displace this by 6 months. Please don’t make that necessary.

9 Likes

Sorry for bothering, but could you let me know what I am missing to get TL3?

You are about 4k read posts short.

Keep in mind, there is a script that runs that grants the trust level 3 once you qualify. That runs about once a day, so it can take up to 24 hours for your trust level to go up once you meet those requirements.

7 Likes

Thank you so much, Vrak, you’re the best :hugs::hugs::hugs: :heart:

4 Likes

Just posting this to say a big THANK YOU

Got my TL3, finally :partying_face:

Could you please pass my suggestion and ask the team whether it would be possible to include in our forum profile a way of tracking our progress towards achieving the requirements for TL3?

That way it’d be much easier and clearer for everyone instead of having to ask you and distracting you from other important stuff you probably need to do :sweat_smile:

Once again, thanks!!

5 Likes