Randomly kicked from dungeon

Leveling an alt in dungeon, just killed a boss, then I’m randomly kicked from the dungeon. All the others were from the same guild. Why do people do stuff like this?

10 Likes

Because they didn’t want you in their group anymore.

I am sorry. Getting kicked for no apparent reason sucks.

23 Likes

Welcome to WoW.

Thankfully, the votekickers are a minority.

5 Likes

Because they are jerks and the system let’s them do it.

21 Likes

That happened to me a few times when leveling during that 100% exp buff a few months ago.
I always just assume its a group of kids who think its funny to do things like that.
I just move on unbothered.

1 Like

Actually they are the majority. :rofl:

12 Likes

I’ve been lucky enough to avoid the worst of it, but some people are just enormous jerks. They think it’s funny, and since kicks apply a penalty they’ve basically robbed you of the queue time plus half an hour.

1 Like

If a guild doing randoms and even if there friends doing low dps or failing to heal they will kick you if u say anything bad

People just go out of their way to make others miserable sometimes. :woman_shrugging:

It’s happened to us all at some point or another.

2 Likes

I don’t believe that there’s a large percent of people out there kicking “for no reason”

I think often, the kickee doesn’t want to recognize the reason

10 Likes

Don’t feel bad jerks just happen to be every where. A few months back I was in a group where some one wanted tried to votekick the mage in the group after the final boss died because the mage “didn’t hero” on the last boss which took less than 30 seconds to kill.

1 Like

Yep, after leveling 4 characters all back to back over the past few months, all of them trough dungeon spam I haven’t been kicked a single time and out of the players that have been kicked there was only one where you could make an argument it wasn’t deserved (every other time the player was DC/AFK or actively trolling and sabotaging the group).

This is not implying it can never happen, you can absolutely get kicked for no good reason, but it’s definitely not the norm and pretty rare. If this is a regular occurrence to anyone you should really look into what you are doing because there must be a reason.

3 Likes

See that is why I soon as I see majority of the group is in a guild I’m not apart of I instantly leave and take the time out. Not wasting my time when I know that I more than likely will be kicked.

2 Likes

If I was doing something they didn’t like I wish they would have said something. I cant imagine what though, I was top dps, waiting patiently for the tank to pull, not saying a word. /shrug

You’re probably fine man, sometimes you do get kicked for no reason, I’ve been kicked from Islands a few times as a healer and for no apparent reason other than being a healer I guess.

I have not been kicked from a Dungeon though, not once in 15 years.

2 Likes

Healers are mostly dead weight in IE’s.

3 Likes

There is a very toxic dynamic of power in all of WoW, from level 15 to level 120, and I think power-trip kicking at low levels is an extension of that, there are also saboteur hunters that pull a room and feign death or MD the healer, just to wipe the raid. So whether you find yourself in a toxic premade that kicks you for fun, or you have a griefing saboteur, just be the best you and try not to inflict upon others what has been done to you. If you find yourself with your guildies wanting to kick a poor innocent pugger guy, try to remember that day you got kicked for no reason. Earthmother watch over us all!

5 Likes

Welcome to How To Emulate A Human Being On A Videogame 101.

On a side note, common psychology states that sometimes, when a person is very petty and has anger issues/had a bad day/both, they will make someone else miserable to feel better about themselves. I think the worst cesspit of an online game I’ve ever played was Town of Salem lmao //shudder//

2 Likes

Theres your answer…they USED you to get the four of them in.

1 Like

So you’d kick me too huh?

Not too mention I was kicked at the very end of the IE, twice, frankly this excuse is not acceptable Yesuna, I think you’re awesome, love your boxing stuff but this is simply toxic.

So much content is already built around DPS, and it’s so easy to just hit the VTK button, yet y’all are tapping your feet waiting for healers to run your dungeons.

Huh?

Maybe treat us with some more respect and you’d see more people take up the role.

/hugs

1 Like