Random game freezes after patch

Game runs normally, but sometimes it freezes. The issue started after last WoW update.
My RAM, CPU and GPU are not reaching max usage when this happens.

9 Likes

Same, after this mornings update, game randomly freezes for a few seconds.

Same issue…was fine yesterday fix your game blizzard

2 Likes

Same here, tryied repair files, disabling addon, doesnt work, still have 5-10sec freezes after update.
-Nvidia drivers are up to date.
-All addons are up to date.
-Rebooted PC
-High-end PC so no problem here.
I had no problems all weekend.

At one point after a freeze, certain textures turned black in every map zones (see here : ttps://imgur.com/a/nxOLW6g ) add the “h” for full link
It never happened to me before that.
Seems to happen more frequently when you load in a new zone.

1 Like

I’m having a very similar issue. Didn’t have issues till this patch. Restarting didnt help nor did turning addons off.

Like Klepto, i’m also experiencing it more often after using a portal or changing into a new named area.

The game just freezes for 5-10 seconds and resumes shortly. A couple times my game has crashed.

4 Likes

Same issue as well, poor fps and game freezes for 10-20sec.
Also tried everything like repair, disable addons, change for DX11 and nada, still has poor performance after today’s maintenance.

EDIT: I’m having pretty much the same issue as Klepto but the freezes seems more severe and it also bricked my notebook once and had to hard shut down.

I’m having the same issue, everything was fine before this morning’s patch.

Same issue here.
I can play for a minute or two, and then the game either just shuts down or brings up a crash report.

yeah the nvidia issue that they fixed before it’s back again… please look into it… you guys fixed it before now it’s back at it.

1 Like

I am having the exact same issue as you guys. My game will freeze for 5-10 seconds and then resume as normal but everything on my screen would be “hurried” to catch up to current state. It didn’t happen before the maintenance today.

3 Likes

Im having the same issue any fix?

no, you just have to wait for them again… whatever they introduced on the new patch broke it now GPU drivers are crashing again when loading things such as dialogues and other stuff.

Same issue here, game actually freeze for 2-10 seconds, usually blacks out my screen.

My memory and CPU usage are through the roof

any fix yet?

Its unplayable for me

Me too. Occasionally after the freeze wow will crash but mostly just freezing.

Same. 5-10 second freezes every few minutes. Never happened until today.

Freezing galore. Sometimes as long as 45 secs. Massive load times and FPS drops. Absolutely ridiculous.

Not sure if this will work for everyone else. But I was able to fix this by changing my Graphics API to “Direct X 11 LEGACY”.

The option is in,
System > Advanced > Graphics API.

4 Likes

I checked and mine was set to Direct X 11 for some odd reason, I switched it to Direct X 12 and it seems to be working now also. Thank you @Guiee for this…

good to know it’s not only me, skills and loot 1-3 seconds delay, all connection to the game still fine on both home and world !