šŸŒˆ Random BG #FreeWin Guide for Newbies!

Hey, Iā€™m not hardcore Rated BG player but I spent lot of time in Random BGs and felt like sharing basic tips for new players because this forum seems to lack guides. Iā€™m not gonna include basic stuff like ā€œfocus enemy healsā€ etc. So, here it is

1. USEFUL MACROS

FOCUS TARGET ENEMY HEALER

This macro makes it easy to track enemy healers, you can make multiple of it but 2 is usually enough

1. Click Battleground eye button and look up name of enemy healers (some add-ons can do this for you) during preparation time. You can recognize them with their specs.
  2. Make a macro

#focus heal 1
/focus [name of healer #1]

#focus heal 2
/focus [name of healer #2]

Itā€™ll automatically make them your focused target and make it easy to track them. It doesnā€™t have to be binded to a key. You can also just target them without focusing with a macro.

#target heal 1
/tar [name of healer #1]

#target heal 2
/tar [name of healer #2]

2. INVEST IN CONSUMABLES

SWIFTNESS POTION

Swiftness potion increases your movespeed by 50% for 15 sec which is incredibly useful in BGs and itā€™s very cheap, a must if you tend to be a FC.

SALTWATER POTION

It increases your damage by 30% for 12 sec and itā€™s kinda cheap as well. Itā€™s especially deadly on some burst specs and can 100-0 someone in a blink of eye if they have berserker buff with it.

GOBLIN GLIDER

Goblin Glider is very handy in some BGs, (At the beginning of Eye of the Storm, Twin Peaks etc) you may have already noticed people use it a lot.

3. ON A LOSING STREAK? GO MERC Horde icon

There are rare times that Alliance wins a lot. So, you just need to go Merc when it happens. Merc is a feature that lets you play on opposite faction with less queue time (not recommended to use it for your sanity unless absolutely necessary as Alliance constantly lose). In order to go Merc, go to Mugambala and talk to Human with Orc Mask.

4. DO OBJECTIVES Alliance

This is pretty basic stuff but Iā€™m adding it because it seems like there are player who doesnā€™t know it. There are multiple objectives across BGs.

FIGHT ON :white_flag: FLAGS

Chasing and fighting on road is fun but when you stray away from flags, you canā€™t the spin the flag and gives enemy players who knows their stuff a chance to control/capture objectives. (But you can try kite and bait enemy if youā€™re a very tanky spec DH/BDK etc)

FIGHT INSIDE CART RANGE :radio_button: (SILVERSHARD MINES ONLY)

Capturing a cart isnā€™t the only goal of this BG, controlling a cart also gives steady point to your team. So, even if youā€™re confident that youā€™ll capture the cart at the end, you should try to control it early as possible by fighting inside the range.

GO FULL HANGAR :airplane: (ISLE OF CONQUEST ONLY)

Fight and capture Hangar > Take Workshop > Destroy Glaives is basically main priorities of this BG and works all the time. Destroying Glaives is objectively most important but only few individuals with high mobility need to be assigned for it.

ALWAYS TAKE ORB :crystal_ball: (TEMPLE OF KOTMOGU ONLY)

Youā€™re a cloth wearer? fragile spec? low on HP? it doesnā€™t matter, you should always take the orb. If thereā€™s one you can take, take it. There should be NEVER be a free orb.

Iā€™ll add more, thanks for reading, happy winning!

9 Likes

Nice post even though it is meant for hordies. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think goblin gliders are one of the best things blizz added to the game.

2 Likes

What about objectives?

ā€œRemember, always fight on the roads. Objectives are for suckersā€

3 Likes

I had assumed the whole objectives thing would go without saying. Perhaps a bad assumption on the forums. :stuck_out_tongue: Admittedly the rainbow in the title and attractive formatting contribute to my good feels about this thread. :partying_face:

Good post, but this is really making me consider a faction change. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

ROFLā€¦

Itā€™s the alliance motto

1 Like

Donā€™t do this. Alliance tend to be unappreciative of mercenaries helping, I say they donā€™t deserve it. If times are real bad take like a 10 minute break and let the queues refresh a little.

Where is the horde agent(merc) in kul tiras through which you can queue in as horde instead of alliance ? I am unable to find him ?

Hey I love my mercs!

1 Like

There is none . Only horde can go merc as horde wait times are 3 times as long .

Ahhh.thats why I could not find one lol :joy:.anyways I normally play 40 player bg and we mostly win them .it is the 10 person bg that we lose mostly

QFT
10chars

1 Like

I find the opposite. I have np winning small Bgs but epics are no good.

Weā€™re full.

Yeah but look at the attitude around here from some people about the ā€œdirty mercs throwing the gameā€ and all that.

:joy::joy: itā€™s like two people who say that and theyā€™d blame their dog if they could.

1 Like

Strange :joy:. Letā€™s exchange servers then with each other after every few months

All servers are together for BGā€™s

And I donā€™t see any difference in win loss between horde and allianceā€¦ itā€™s 50-50 roughly all things considered .

Iā€™ve been called out and criticized despite being top damage. (at objectives) :rofl: