šŸŒˆ Random BG #FreeWin Guide for Newbies!

Naw I like my 10/15 mans. Though been doing more low level recently.

Donā€™t let people get to you and you will be fine . Thatā€™s what I do .whether we lose or win I enjoy my bg

Oh it doesnā€™t ā€œget to meā€ but it does make me not want to offer my services. Mercing is a very simple choice and Iā€™ve been talked out of it. Queue times typically donā€™t bug me so the hell with it.

1 Like

You talk like youā€™re some kind of random bg god, I donā€™t think Iā€™d appreciate playing with you on either faction. What a weridoā€¦

3 Likes

Hey, someoneā€™s gotta cap those roads :rofl:

Iā€™m hardly a ā€œgodā€, but Iā€™m non-toxic, focused on objectives, knowledgeable of my class and what to do in situations, and call out incoming and other relevant information. Not sure how you arrived at that conclusion, but to each their own.

2 Likes

Nice little mini-guide, +1

I would add not to over-extend during teamfights, especially as a melee. Donā€™t get picked off, be aware of your surroundings - be especially aware of enemy DKs (grip) and try to stay at max range from them.

1 Like

Know where the enemy team is going to hit next and get there before them. This can be accomplished by moving to points in between 2-3 objectives. These are the pinch points. Know where the enemy healers are at and where they are going, this is a good hint of where they will push. Feed information to the team asap with #s and location of the incs. The team with the slower healers will be at a disadvantage so try to get on a mount and in position as fast as possible to hold more map.

2 Likes

Gear tip. I love it when I solo que into a random team and everyone plays this way. Sometimes you get lucky and land in a team of smart players.

2/10 post tbh.

You could have at least mentioned how to play objectives, or telling people to play a healer spec. Considering that youā€™re a Horde player, you can enter a battleground and get carried by overgeared people while not doing anything useful so I suppose you wouldnā€™t even need to learn how to actually give advice on what you can do to succeed.

2 Likes

I agree. Iā€™m see alliance whining and whimpering on this forum about mercs so often I donā€™t even merc anymore. They think they lose now, if merc mode was disabled theyā€™d rarely see a win.

1 Like

The players that claim all mercs throw games are the issue Alliance side.

3 Likes

This is the least thinly veiled ā€œposting while on tiltā€ thread Iā€™ve read ngl. You should probably merc mode off wait in a longer queue to have a premade carry you tbh.

Only bringing it up because literally nothing you posted in your guide titled ā€œ#FreeWin Guide for Newbiesā€ is going to help a noob win. Yeah, they targeted some healers, yeah they used some consumables. But those things donā€™t put points in the scoreboardā€¦ Sure, it is obvious that people should be playing objectives, but when youā€™re specifically targeting noobs it seems like it would be important to actually teach them how to win.

4 Likes

Well today was a very lucky day .I won 85% of both 40 man and 10 man bg

Dawnsong,

Really neat post. I miss doing random bgs with friends - most of them just arenā€™t around anymore.

A few things Iā€™d like to add:

1. Fighting on flags isnā€™t always the best defense. If me and two other people can kill people between ST and BS - that nullifies any push. If they wipe you on your node, thereā€™s downtime to be had where it can snowball to a wipe. If you die outside the node, you can respawns as they near the flag.
  2. Same goes for WSG. If you control midfield, you can control the game assuming a FC doesnā€™t squeeze by.

Obviously thereā€™s caveouts to both of these. Having a person sit is required - Iā€™m referring to a team sitting. Iā€™ve won RBGs where our only kill was the FC while we got wrecked each team fight. Just something to consider.

3 Likes

Amazing post! Even if you are helping the enemy team. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

One thing Iā€™d like to add though, is donā€™t just focus on killing their healers, protect yoursā€™ too! Put some stuns and CC on the people chasing them down, theyā€™ll love you for it and youā€™ll live longer. :heart:

3 Likes

Iā€™ll add some for Seething Shore:

1. The map is your best friend, always, but in this BG particularly. Always look at it.
  2. Never ā€œgiveā€ them a node. Donā€™t look at your map and say to yourself, ā€œAh, thatā€™s too far away, Iā€™ll never make itā€. No, just go.
  3. Spin nodes. This means that even if it takes 5 minutes, protect a node as long as you can and donā€™t allow them to have it.
  4. Body rez. If the ship is over the node you died at and you have a 25 sec rez time, just jump off the ship, rez and continue fighting. In conjunction, loot bodies so the other team doesnā€™t body rez, too.
  5. Rogues should NEVER be at team fight. They should be trying to get off nodes and new nodes that pop up while teams are spinning other nodes.
  6. If 3 nodes pop up on one side, chances are the new node will pop up on the other side of the map, so already be riding or gliding that way.
  7. Donā€™t fight in the roads. The only exception is to slow them down when a new node pops up. Otherwise itā€™s just a HUGE waste of time for your team.
2 Likes

heris pro tip did nt mentchon if U R alli and Q and i m in opposing team just leave an reque to save u from death

1 Like

Are you RPing or just really bad at typing?

1 Like