Raising Race/Class Combo Expansion Awareness

Please see the community council post below and give it a heart if you support it, I feel like the more people that show support the more Blizzard may actually take it into consideration.

6 Likes

Now they’re making the situation even worse with a race that can be one class and a class that can be one race :frowning:

3 Likes

They said in an interview yesterday they’ll likely add other classes to Dracthyr in the future, but not in Dragonflight as it doesn’t fit the story they’re telling.

I imagine it has to do with the fact the Dracthyr have been isolated and possibly frozen in time for 10,000 years and wouldn’t immediately know the other styles of fighting.

3 Likes

I know :confused: its a bit of a let down

I understand if they want evokers restricted to Drac’Thyr’s sure, but at least allow them to be other classes as well…sigh.

1 Like

It’s not hard to pick up a hammer and go unga bunga on someone… I think they’re just saying that as a copout really.

Also, might i suggest Worgen Paladins over in that other thread? There’s zero reason for them not being one at this point.

1 Like

It’s not difficult to do but you wouldn’t be proficient in it and you wouldn’t know how to perform unique combat fighting techniques with it.

Please show us in the Dragonflight release trailer where the Drakthyr exhibited any other class tendencies outside of being a Drakthyr Evoker.
Pro Tip: You can’t.

Bah, take club, swing club, beat grug unconscious with club, take grug’s things. unga bunga, profit.

1 Like

They’re not ogres.

Thinking you need to be an ogre to unga bunga is funny…since you don’t have to be an ogre to unga or bunga. face smash sounds the same in every language.

1 Like

Are there any indications they exist? As far as I’m aware, Paladins only started existing in the last war Gilneas took part of and they withdrew from the war behind the wall rather fast. I don’t think there was any time for Gilneans to become Paladins in that time.

It’s certainly plausible they learned the Paladin style from Stormwind/etc. but I’m trying to only post things in the thread that have established or implied, even just minorly.

1 Like

They also arent worshipers of bear spirits, masters of undeath and blood, master brewers and acrobatic CQC karate masters, or entrenched in ideologies of sacrifice and fel magick nor do they worship the narru and the light paladins do.
Asking for Drakthyr to tank just because it would be so totally radical since theyre a new class is akin to signing up 6 year olds for selective service because more infantry makes might even more right guys : DDDDDDD

I understand where you are coming from, and I know people would like to see all sorts of cool combinations, that may prove difficult to weave in the game.

But I am more so referring to Maizou’s community post, that talks about credible combinations that could be easily established with some work.

Well, Pyrewood was always outside of the walls right? Same with some other areas around Gilneas as a whole. It’s not too far to say there might have already been some, just that we don’t have any lore circulating around it. I do think that they probably would’ve learned it by now from Dwarves, Space Goats, or the other Humans.

To my remembrance of the 2nd War, Gilneas didn’t pull out until after the Silverhand was already formed…unless i’m misremembering here. Which in all honesty could potentially have put some in the ranks of the SIlverhand. Also Commander Springvale is a Gilnean Paladin so…they already do/did exist. (granted he’s the only one I an remember off the top of my head, but I might be able to dig and find some more)

1 Like

Much like Blood Elf druids, I would rather not add one-off bosses as evidence they currently exist. I’m trying to focus strictly on established/implied stuff, so as to not overwhelm the devs with suggestions haha. Though other CC members are welcome to post it as a reply :smiley:

Otherwise I could use Tyrant Velhari as an example for why a non-holy based Paladin works. (She pulled from the Fel and didn’t use holy magic at all.)

And no, I’m not acting like my word is law or anything, since some of the BE players accuse me of that. Other CC members can post anything they want, as everyone sees things differently. But if I post something, I want to believe in it, in some regard.

1 Like

This is great. I support this :rabbit2:

1 Like

Yes please make this happen

1 Like

I’m a simple person. I see this:

Dwarf Druid - With the Wildhammer Tattoos, thus comes the Wildhammers officially into the Alliance. In the RPG (which I know is non-canon, though other things from it have been made canon, like Jaina’s brother Tandred), Wildhammer Druids exist. In WoW, they have a severe connection to nature, so it still would be easy to write.

Someone on reddit (here) made some nice Dwarf Druid concept art that honestly feels like the druid class and dwarfish:

I heart :grin:

1 Like

They blocked replies, wanted it to be seen in connection so I’ll put it here, they said:
’ Night Elf Paladin - The Paladin Order Hall established that not only is this possible, it is possible for them to use the Light and not Elune.’
But I see no reason Elune can’t have her own paladins, she’s an actual goddess created by the First Ones and even the silly little Sunwell can support paladins.

1 Like

Also, just to bring up a highly desired combo that was discussed way back in Cata when the last race/class update happened…

Why don’t we have gnome druids! Even if they had to be full druid form models in PvP, it would maybe lead to new ideas for forms in PvE, such as a housecat cat form, and the raven flight form, and a hound bear form, and a sunflower tree! In D&D (what WoW is based on) druids can be ANYTHING they have seen. Honestly, druids should get quests like the new Soulshape appearances have. I would love to be a travel form chicken!

1 Like