Raids are disheartening

Something tells me you already cleared the zone for the week, got loot and then recleared it again, in which case, nothing will drop again.

They were mostly like that. Something like a 15% chance for loot. Also, the trinket/weapon loot tables were designed around this, so with rolls, they had a normal % chance. It kind of forced people to farm rolls every week in order to have normal chances at important items.

1 Like

I feel this, have been trying for dom socket boots for weeks now.

1 Like

Thats nothing

You can be like me and have my RNG used up for the rest of the year by having the Sylvanas bow drop and nothing else

1 Like

Ummmm, no.

You are soooo wrong about that. I only raid with my guild on reset every week. And If the bosses had already been done then I would not have received anima OR shards for gems.

9 bosses, ZERO loot.

1 Like

bad luck protection vendors

I miss them, especially when they only required 2-4 12 minute dungeons per week

3 Likes

I see what you did there, I did laugh a bit too much at that. I do feel for you tho. A hunter in my guild got the Leggo bow and has had 2 upgrades for it drop in 3 weeks. He has not seen much of anything else.

1 Like

I love it, you complain about two RNG systems not working for you and your solution is to request another RNG system :slight_smile:

5 Likes

finally got unbound changeling on my shaman last night after 30 mists runs this season… because it dropped for somebody else and he didn’t need it.

2 Likes

32 is a long a long run of bad luck but if they removed RNG gearing and replaced it with a vendor, how many dungeons runs do you think should be required for BiS gear?

1 Like

The solution is to go back to BFA raining loot!

Raining loot just provided loot. The BiS gear drop rate was equally as bad.

For example, I spent most of 8.3 to include all of my bonus rolls trying to get my BiS weapons from Ra’den

I don’t care about everyone getting their BIS. Everyone would have more loot to accomplish content.

Obviously, they don’t have their BIS now either.

8 dungeons per slot, 16 dungeons for a 2 handed weapon.

Total of 128 dungeons for full BiS gear. I think it’s fairly reasonable.

There is no scenario where people are gonna have to buy their whole gear at the vendor so it’s not actually gonna take you 128 dungeons to be full BiS.

Three is the lucky number right. Loot must drop on 3 RNG systems.

1 Like

My RNG luck says “hold my beer”

2 Likes

RNG is RNG. SoD is only about 10 weeks old. I remember I did ICC-25 for more than 30 weeks. And the BiS trinket didnt ever drop to my main DK while my alt Hunter got it 3x… eventually, the alt hunter outgeared my main DK. RNG is RNG.

FYI, there are tons of sources of loots… from M+ and PvP. Back then I was only relying on raid for gear.

Easy solution allow badges to be drop from each boss and you can spend the valor on anything you like for that current tier but then that means no more RNG leave RNG means less people will grind out for weeks for nothing and that is bad for blizzard metric

You know what’s even more fun? When bosses not only only drop like 3 pieces of gear but one also despawn instantly on kill and mail untradable gear to people randomly and nobody has any use for it.

Had a 252 Eye trinket go to waste this week thanks to this.

And no amount of tickets made changed anything.

That’s not abnormal whatsoever. I’ve gone multiple weeks in a row without getting a single drop other than anima this raid. Not to mention we’ve been killing remnant since week 1 or 2 and the cloth helm has not dropped even once for anyone in my raid group.

4 Likes

It’s this more about raid loot or just how much of a loot piñata is from mythic+?

I would argue mythic+ gearing is what promotes raid lockouts starting even earlier. Why reclear when you get the entire raid still getting mythic quality items every single week from an easy source?

And even if raids dropped 10 items per boss it won’t change that, and it’ll still be more beneficial to extend lockouts as long as that “alternate” gearing source is available.

1 Like