Raids are disheartening

Blizzard, seriously, WTAF is wrong with you guys?

9 raid bosses down this week and not a single piece of loot from ANY boss. It’s even worse when you go to the weekly vault and its a double up on items you already have or have no need for.

And you wonder why people don’t bother with your content. What’s the damn point in the effort?? I know not the only one in this situation. I’ve seen 7 people for 3 weeks straight roll for a loot bonus off 1 boss to get an upgrade for our tanks, only for NONE of us to see loot from it.

Why in the actual hell can you not just listen to your player base and fix this stupid 20% garbage?

BRING BACK YOUR BONUS ROLL SYSTEM.

At least that actually worked unlike this pointless crap. There is no joy to be had at ALL from week after week of going through the same routine to see nothing. All it does is make you not want to continue.

83 Likes

The RNGesus giveth and the RNGesus taketh away.

9 Likes
3 Likes

Working as intended - suffer…

Joking aside I don’t understand the absolute obsession blizz has with RNG. Just let us target loot with a reasonable path to earning it.

43 Likes

Master Loot please.

8 Likes

Working as intended - to lose their player base.

I call absolute BS on their “Loot protection” system as well considering what I’ve just seen from this week alone for myself and 3 other people over the last 2 weeks.

18 Likes

ML, or remove the restrictions on trading loot, would be nice. Blizz will do neither, because they want to drag out gearing for as long as they can. I wonder how much of the playerbase is just getting fed up and not raiding or quitting altogether, rather than chase that carrot.

16 Likes

Not even that would work because there are bosses we have only seen 1 of a particular item off and some bosses have not dropped others at all so no, even ML is useless

2 Likes

With the advent of deterministic gearing in PvP and M+ being well, M+ in PvE, raid gearing has significantly fallen behind.

I think I finished Nathria with like two slots of Raid Gear, and the rest was from M+.

Raid gearing needs a significant revamp next tier. It doesn’t need tier-specific gimmicks like Domination Sockets to make it relevant.

What it needs is:

1. A much larger loot table. If I wanted a Leather helm in Nathria, my only option was off Denathrius. If I want a Leather helm in SoD, I have to choose between Heavy Haste/Versatility and Heavy Crit/Haste. No Mastery options? No options for Heavy Vers, no options for Heavy Crit? At absolute minimum there should be four different stat combinations for each piece.

2. To counteract the first change diluting loot tables, make raids drop MORE loot. And slightly weight loot more towards unique pieces like trinkets or some of the SoD weapons so it isn’t dramatically harder to get them.

3. Get rid of trading restrictions. It’s incredibly obnoxious to have a 252 Staff and not be able to trade a 252 off-hand. This is especially annoying with how granular loot is. A 246 item might be better than a 252 due to itemization, but loljk cant trade it cause ilvl.

4. Make the Raiding GV not complete garbage. The raiding GV is completely contradictory to how raiding actually works. Once you hit the mid-range of a tier where the time it takes to reclear outweighs the benefit of the loot you get, raid gearing just completely turns off as guilds choose to extend. THIS is where the raiding GV should actually be good, but because it’s tied to killing bosses…It turns off too.

18 Likes

Yeah, loot for raids this expansion has been horrible. Even with their minor buff to loot for raiding, it is still horrible. I don’t get why they removed the bonus rolls and the thing where every time you didn’t get loot the % would go up for you each boss. I felt in BfA loot seemed perfect for raids. It wasn’t raining from the skies but you still got gear in a timely manor and not go 8-15+ bosses with 0 loot.

6 Likes

Bring back what they had in Legion, when it was actually fun to raid because you had more of a chance to get what you needed and stay competitive. I’m really starting to understand WHY people are switching games and saying things are so much better with certain platforms, it’s all down to the fact they don’t restrict players half as much as blizzard does

11 Likes

Old raiding model: You could go months without a single item because you were in the back of the line for DKP.

Also, I highly doubt you got zero loot from nine kills. You just didn’t get the items you wanted. That doesn’t equal zero loot.

3 Likes

You have no idea how much I agree with what you have put down. Especially the item trading. I’ve actually seen that situation after killing the Eye on Mythic. Person couldn’t trade the OH. That whole system is worse then obnoxious, the correct words to be used would melt the forums.

The thing that made me laugh the hardest with the last patch update was the stupidity of blizzards “we are putting domination set bonus’s on other pieces because some seem to be unobtainable to people”.

Geezus ya think?

How about saving all that unnecessary work and just up the loot rate? Ohhhh look simple fix.
But no, they gotta hang onto an outdated train wreck and call it current.

It just does not make sense to me.

6 Likes

Not being able to trade a staff when I’m using a MH/OH and not being able to trade a MH/OH because I’m using a staff is an issue that has happened to me literally every tier since PL was forced upon us.

There aren’t words to describe how sick of it I am.

9 Likes

ZERO LOOT, nothing.

Not even a double up or something useless. That’s not a joke or an exaggeration. Not a single piece of my own obtained.

I did get useless anima and gem upgrade shards, but then again so did everybody else.

People actually got loot from bonus rolls? All I ever got was AP.

11 Likes

Yeh they did, I got a lot of my upgrades from it

1 Like

I ran 32 Plaguefalls on my rogue last week and didn’t get the Phial of Putrefaction.

Let that sink in

11 Likes

Yeh we have all been there with that trinket, I got mine handed to me by a druid. But that’s also the crap I’m talking about. Nobody should have to go through that just for 1 item

3 Likes

Took 32 kills of DoS to get my bloodscale. People hate DoS. (I actually don’t mind it anymore, but I am kinda sick of it right now).