Raider IO should not be part of the endgame playloop

Look. Raiderio is a necessary system. There will always be gatekeeping because no one can jump straight to the top. Expecting anything else is foolish.

1 Like

Because there are superficial barriers of entry that results in an endless game loop that was never intended.

Again, game isn’t that hard. Been healing for 15 years. Old school raider that stopped in Panda. I know what I’m doing. But my IO score shows that I don’t.

Sounds like an awesome system.

Players create that barrier because they don’t want someone who can’t play their class correctly and or don’t know the dungeons. I agree some of them can be rude about it, but it’s not everybody.

Don’t act like you can let some freshly boosted 120 Who just bought the game and got a free boost into a +15 and expect it to go well.

If you know what you’re doing then prove it. It shouldn’t be hard to knock out some low level keys if you’re so awesome

2 Likes

Make your own group, turn io off and inv the first 5 people that apply. Then come back with the opposite opinion.

9 Likes

wonder what kind of person would be against RIO :man_shrugging:

its just something else to do when bored, work on the io for s#$@s and giggles.

2 Likes

You’re a healer and you can’t pump your IO?

My excuse is not bothering to learn the awakened routes as a tank, what’s yours?

6 Likes

Lol, this is so good. I had a long-winded defense of IO scores, but this says it all.

3 Likes

They are actually pretty straight forward and when I tank I really appreciate having them as it frees up a lot creativity in what to pull and how to do the dungeon. I hope you get a chance to try it before they go away.

1 Like

I think Blizz should implement something where they track and display the success rate, failure rate, and number of runs of the M+ key level you are applying for as well as 1-2 levels above and below. Provides everyone the quick look at the player to see if they have a chance, punishes people for leaving, and keeps everything in Blizz’s hands.

My io is terrible and I managed to get keystone master… by doing it in a guild group.

I too, suggest those.

1 Like

Exactly.

This is pretty funny. If you look at my run history on raiderio you’ll see that I returned to the game a little over 1 month ago, after quitting in 8.2. I came back June 24th with 442 ilvl. In the span of 6 weeks I worked my way to 3500 io, 6/12M, and 475ilvl with full haste corruptions. All by pugging. You can even check my WC logs to see that not once did I run anything with my guild (but there was a local guild I pugged with for most of my mythics), and if you compare all my raiderio runs you’ll see I’m not running with a consistent group of people, either. There’s a tank I bring with me from time to time, but that’s it. All pugged.

If you’re a skilled player, it is not hard to work your way up the totem pole. Raiderio is not cancerous. The players may be, though.

7 Likes

I don’t think people should be punished for leaving. Keys fail. And sometimes its often sometimes it isn’t kinda sucks but its better than having that metric available to discriminate against. Also raiderio is fine for the other things you mentioned.

2 Likes

Io is the best thing brought into the game in a while. Finally gives me a way to tell whether people suck or not.

… Or bought a full set of runs.

1 Like

I’m gonna try to pull off ksm, gonna be cutting it close lol

1 Like

Yeah it’s not fool proof.

Being able to see the number of runs and run history on the website counters this

2 Likes

I don’t often encounter people I think were boosted because typically if people can pug it they don’t get boosted.

1 Like

You mean play the game with its natural game loop as intended and the way we all played the game prior to IO?

Woe is me.