Raider IO should not be part of the endgame playloop

If Blizzard wants gatekeeping then they should do the gatekeeping. Much like when they took over ilvl, Blizzard should institute their own raider IO.

As it stands, raider IO is counter-productive to a good endgame playloop. When you can literally find people looking for groups just to raise their IO score you’ve got a problem.

The current loop:

Gear up modestly to start M+.
Look for groups to get keys but don’t have the IO to get the gear to look for groups to get the keys.
Look for groups that will take you to get the keys to raise your IO to get the gear to look for groups that will take you to get the keys to raise your IO to get the gear to look for groups that will take you to get the keys to raise your IO to get the gear to look for groups that will take you to get the keys…

For the “then just make your own group” retort:
Making your own groups doesn’t magically make the raider IO cult go away. Instead of the group leader defining what IO to take, now you just have the people looking for groups defining the IO instead.

It doesn’t matter if you’ve been playing BfA from the beginning and have hundreds of runs and the experience needed. Hell, ilvl matters less than IO score.

Obviously, bringing back dungeon tokens would negate a lot of the barrier of entry, but Blizzard turns a blind eye to the soullessness of people selling carries for gold.

The other day there was a streamer giving away free carry runs but you entered by putting your name in a drawing. After the drawing the streamer did a marble race. You’re literally marble racing for gear.

34 Likes

Ofc it should, how else you separate scrubs from tryhards.

6 Likes

You didn’t read the post. It’s been up for 40 seconds.

5 Likes

If you can’t fit your point into title - that’s not my problem

6 Likes

Classic is just as soulless. I rolled a character and the leveling zones are dead. Level 60s are selling lower dungeon runs. I’m not interested in that :frowning:

7 Likes

u go on my server u dont gotta go level 60, lotta pepole help pepole free, nice

1 Like

Raider IO is fine.

Find a good guild. Make friends.

Don’t PuG.

17 Likes

That doesn’t fix the issue. There are people that have jobs during “peak times”. Guilds can be just as picky of who or what they run. Being in a guild doesn’t magically make the IO issue disappear.

5 Likes

You can’t just declare the opposition invalid and expect to have a good discussion. Fact is that you absolutely can get around IO by forming your own groups.

That makes sense given how easy it is to get gear

11 Likes

Haha. If you’re not on Grobbulus then I ain’t coming :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think one is call white mane it is very nice, lots of good people there and both Alliance and horde

Screening in general has been a thing since a long time. Players will just find something else. Blizzard tried fighting against it but it’ll never go away.

Get rid of Raider IO
Groups will pop up asking for your mythic kill… or if you did 100 of something or will just simply come up with something else.

2 Likes

It’s simple really. IO (for the most part) helps prove you have the experience on that char / class.

Tbh if I’m pushing keys I don’t want somebody who doesn’t know wth they’re doing. Plain and simple.

And I don’t even do mythic dungeons.

9 Likes

Sure it does.

Okay. I wonder what would happen if all those people who work during peak hours started a guild to run mythic + not at peak hours?

Then I would argue that those may not be a good guild.

Sure it does.

5 Likes

You can’t just declare the opposition invalid and expect to have a good discussion. Fact is that you absolutely can get around IO by forming your own groups.

Sure I can. If the opposition’s proposal doesn’t touch the root of the issue. If I put up a +10 and I’m in 460 and my IO is 300…no one will join. Blizzard has created an environment that isn’t conducive to good, community runs.

That makes sense given how easy it is to get gear

Only to 460. Then you’re hard stuck unless you run keys to get the IO to find the groups to run the keys to get the IO to find the groups to run the keys…

1 Like

Yeah but it will definitely get you into higher keys a heck of a lot faster.

Or you could just do it in game. Not that hard.

Not really. It is a sign of dependency. The more timed runs you have the more I trust your ability to play your class. Not to mention if you have timed a 7 shrine and only a 2 tol dagor you likely don’t know the boss mechanics well enough to do a 7 tol dagor.

Actually you would be surprised how bad some people are. I’ve done over 100 runs this season, almost all of them pugs and yes a lot of people suck at this game.

5 Likes

IO is fine. Some folks just abuse and/or misunderstand its significance.

4 Likes

It’s simple really. IO (for the most part) helps prove you have the experience on that char / class.

Game isn’t that hard. Been out for a decade and a half. Players create the barriers of entry. Skill doesn’t.

1 Like

They sure will. The question is, will you be willing to take them?

12 Likes

in what universe is players running the content to prove they can run the content a problem?

2 Likes