Raid Tuning Coming June 21

this is probably it. wouldnt look good if those world firsters finished it in a couple sessions :wink:

they must test with a better than average team and then double everything to make sure it’s tough lol

1 Like

it does feel that way… ICC stacking buff should’ve told them not to do that.

I can’t remember the game, but someone mentioned that a game they play handles this by offering an extreme mode for the first week (or something). It’s an opt-in feature iirc for the folks that want to do this kind of gameplay.

1 Like

Proabably because Ion’s Guild EJ can’t beat those fights. :wink:

3 Likes

In the near future and in dragonflight stop designing raids so hard and long and around world first scene. And my only suggestion is make raids FAIR to play on all difficulty rather it’s easy or hard I don’t care as long it’s fair I have no issue.

2 Likes

Do you consider the raid a success considering you’ve bludgeoned it beyond all recognition with nerfs?

You should change the name of the raid at this point it isn’t even the same zone except for the models.

2 Likes

Even MORE massive nerfs? These will definitely help my guild out so I’m grateful to see them, but man at some point this is just getting silly how many times you are nerfing the same content.

In the future if you’re going to massively overtune the released content for RWF folks and then progressively nerf it for regular players, can you try to come up with a more organic way to do it?

Also maybe stop making every fight contain multiple mechanics where if anyone makes even one tiny mistake it basically wipes the raid. There are no DPS or healing checks anymore, everything is just “can all 20 people simultaneous execute a flawless Dragonforce Guitar Hero solo for 6 minutes”. RWF type guilds will do mechanics perfectly every time but for normal guilds with a more spread skill level, the difficulty is exponentially higher - and don’t even think about trying to bring in new players who haven’t already beaten the fights, that’s a disaster.

13 Likes

this.

a million times this.

who cares if some forum chad whines about how fast the world first race is over. When they balance a raid for the top 2 guilds, the rest don’t stand a chance.

14 Likes

At this point you may need to make a new “world first race” difficulty toggle.

The raid isn’t even close to what got cleared by Echo and Limit.

3 Likes

I’ve always wondered what would happen if they had a way to keep the top guilds raiding a reasonable schedule (e.g. 8 hours a week) instead of 24/7 minus whatever minimal sleep they get.

Would they still clear the raid all that fast? Or do they just cram 4 months of raiding into 2 weeks and then whine about how bad it is for their mental health?

I just want to point out the silliness that even with his incredible difficulty level, Anduin doesn’t even drop 285 gear.

You’d think they would have made his drops commensurate to his difficulty, back in March…

(And higher ilvl gear on Heroic & Normal, too, of course. Put his gear drops the same as the following 3 bosses.)

5 Likes

To be honest RAIDS shouldn’t be DESIGNED AROUND WORLD FIRST or anything else and it should be designed around FUN and for the challenge and FAIRNESS. NOT overtuning raids and designing it around the competitive scene.

4 Likes

It’s by design. So people can pat themselves on the back and tell themselves they cleared “the hardest content in the game”. Omega-kekw.

Also, these type of nerfs are the end result of the removal of long-tail borrowed power. If your gear can’t nerf the bosses, Blizzard has to manually nerf the bosses themselves.

2 Likes

This for sure, plus the early mythic bosses are a million times harder than running a +15 keystone which gives the same loot.

3 Likes

It seems like this is the worst balanced raid they’ve ever released, and it isn’t even close. I don’t think they really know who the average M raider is anymore. They’ve discussed recently encounter difficulty and having to plan around addons that make the fights easy mode. It’s a tough dance but I don’t think they did a good job this tier at all. It’s just not worth the time for most people. Too difficult in the early stages and not enough reward for the average M raider.

3 Likes

Every previous raid tier there has been some weekly source of player power increase until eventually the raid fights became easy enough to down.

This tier, we got 2 power spikes very early and then no increase in power since (tier and double leggo). Therefore, they have to nerf the raid constantly this tier to compensate.

2 Likes

They didn’t really remove this, they just chose to balance the Mythic raid for RWF guilds in full mythic raid gear + double-legendaries. The average ILVL on the world first Jailer kill was 274.4 (with someone as high as 278.4).

So it did get progressively nerfed by long-tail borrowed power, to the point that a couple guilds in the world were capable of beating it. Then Blizzard continuously nerfed it so that more guilds had a chance.

Also quit designing raids around stupid Addons and just design a ordinary raid that can be cleared and also have better warning signs and visuals for dangerous mechanics.

6 Likes

Who cares? Blizzard cares. The perception of the raid and therefore the game for some players is negatively impacted if Limit Maximus whines on stream, and therefore Blizzard has an interest to pandering to a vocal minority. Also Ion is very close to him so he hears his complaints more loudly than the rest of the player base.

Three weeks is not long tail. I’m taking about powe progression that rolled out over months, like corruptions and the max cloak, or the WoD ring.

Raids used to nerf themselves, because your guild would gear up as you progress.

Now everyones at 275+ ilevel by the time you’re 3 bosses in from M+, and it never gets easier. Really bad design, IMO. Reclears are just frustrating.

12 Likes