Raid story mode?

Confirmed. A few more details on the prerequisites: Nerub-ar Palace Mythic, Story Mode, Raid Finder Wing 2 Now Live! - #20 by Zhoura-lightbringer

2 Likes

If you first go to coordinates 39, 65 in Azj’Kahet, it’ll be the statue of the queen. You’ll find an NPC named “Webster” giving you the quest “Our Chance to strike”. This will take you to the NPC Execute Nizrek at 52, 46.

1 Like

They had to cancel it due to Brann making unscripted appearances and killing the player.

He had brew on his breath and kept yelling something about “goin’ all out!”.

Amazingly, every single NPC survived his assault… only the player died.

I guess I must have misunderstood what this story mode was entailing… I thought it’d be the entire raid, not just… the end boss. Like you’re going thru the story of killing every boss… not just… the end one.

So now, if I do this, I’ll be skipping whatever story lines or bits are placed between the first boss and the Queen herself.

Edit: I can now see why they originally had story mode lining up with the final LFR wing launching. Because of this skipping the rest of the raid.

Further edit: I wish in the future that these story modes could encompass the entire raid. As there are little story lines here or there. One shouldn’t have to wait 2-4 years to be able to come back in solo to experience the full thing without being in a group. A place where I could take my time, see the sights, wait for the full NPC storylines to be spoken or read. Could have it seperated out the same way the LFR wings are seperated out. That way a player can still just do the end boss should they wish, or they could experience the full thing if they so desire.

I went back to the NPC just incase it was overriding the full experience to satisfy the quest, but sadly it took me right back to the same place as before. Right before the Queen.

2 Likes

If i do the quest do I get goodies?

1 Like

Beyond the quest rewards, There appeared to be no loot when she was defeated.

1 Like

Oh i meant for the quest itself. If i get quest goodies then ill do it cause… i like quest goodies lol

Ive killed her on normal last week it be more so of “another quest checked off the list” ya know?

I got 2.5k rep with the Vizier, 115 Valorstones, 1404 gold, and an enchaned runed harbinger crest for turning in the quest.

2 Likes

eyes widen

A runed harbinger token?!

1 Like

There’s a lot of people that like to enjoy the mmorpg instead of playing the Details number simulator minigame

Just finished this quest with story mode, it’s a great addition to the game!

It was really nice to wrap that up without a lot of thought.

Precisely this. I can get all my loot in Delves. I want to hear the story, see the raid, and learn the mechanics without a bunch of humans yelling, leaving, etc. Loot is far less important to some of us.

Finally, now just add top tier loot drops(or at least the mount) and we are in business!

Where decent loot

How do you do this? This whole post turned into an LFR fight vs answering that question.

I didnt see a quest outside the instance. I did do a quest that now says to kill the queen (starting with Webster). But not seeing how to do story mode.

thats not bad

after you finish the level 80 campaign chapter one there is a spider named webster in dorn that starts the chain

its actually 250 valor stones

1 Like

So I did that. I finished it during a lunch break. So I guess there is an option somewhere to zone in on the storyline track.

I logged off quite literally after accepting. But did see it said (Story mode optional) with the quest.