Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4

Going to chock up this and stop responding to you because all I hear is. “I don’t want to be inclusive to other players. I don’t even want to show them how to properly do mechanics so they can achieve things that I’ve done because I want to be special. I don’t care about new players or casuals bettering themselves.” That is all I hear.

As I had told Xae this is the exact attitude that has caused the masses to go to FFXIV because the community actively wants to see people succeed. Where as people with your kind of attitude are “lol git gud I look down on you cus you cant do actual content but I wont teach you how have fun scrub.”

6 Likes

We got a mount for everyone who had been raiding in 2 kills, thankfully.

well i’m not sorry…there’s lots of hot topics recently of players asking for cool rewards…this one being a handout like the tree only prolongs them from being able to earn anything even close to MOP challenge mode stuff, or retired glad mounts.

this is a casual audience reward, and if you aren’t good enough to do normal raids, or you don’t want to put the effort in, looks like you won’t be getting a cat.

have fun in final fantasy i guess :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Uh, you’re not “stuck” doing anything. No one is forcing you to play. In fact, if you hate it that much then you really should stop playing. You can always come back later in the year for Dragonflight if you think you’re going to like that so much better. At this point, you wouldn’t even have an extra advantage since it all restarts 11.0.

Go play another game, read a book, crochet a blanket… whatever. Just don’t waste your time doing something you don’t enjoy; that’s just plain dumb.

1 Like

Alot of elitists are big mad that the bell curve of the game wants rewards too. Sheesh.

3 Likes

We were fighting burnout, family vacations, and holidays the whole time. So I don’t think we had too many nights with the full roster in the first place. Our kill was still very much luck, unfortunately. :frowning_with_open_mouth:

You can get a guaranteed piece of mythic level gear from wiping in 15s all day, and you’ve been able to do it every week all expansion long. You shouldn’t – but Blizzard has many precedents of rewarding “bad gameplay” not the least of which is mythic level loot from untimed M+ runs.

I understand your argument, but trying to sell the idea that Blizzard shouldn’t reward what some consider “joke content” is hard to swallow when they do just that week after week in the Great Vault.

Food for thought.

i disagree on not being entitled to a piece of mythic gear split amongst your party, even if you fail a mythic+. Those require effort, can be difficult, and you don’t get the bonus piece if you fail to time. You also have to know mechanics in order to win that loot in the end.

LFR rewards you with quest completion opportunities, transmog, Mount drops (which i don’t think should drop in anything under heroic), and gear. It’s equally, if not more rewarding than Mythic+, even at the lowest level, because you can’t get away with AFK’ing in a m+ as easily as LFR’s.

I think LFR is a joke compared to anything in the game. if you can afk through it, it’s a not even on the same level as some world quests. it’s literally a walkthrough :grimacing:

That’s weird, I’ve seen multiple people claiming “Normal is actually easier than LFR anyway”, which would suggest LFR should reward both Normal and Heroic level rewards.

5 Likes

I was just coming here to say this! Although, they wouldn’t have one for this since it’s not a simple raid drop but requiring the completion of several raids.

Not to mention we haven’t yet (and shouldn’t have) had two time-limited end-of-expansion mounts at the same time, as it just splits the group between the two mounts and results in fewer people actually being lucky enough to get it.

Especially with how hard Sepulcher was and how short S4 is.

2 Likes

No one is asking for p2w… people in this thread were asking to be able to utilize the vendors that they are testing for season 4.

People should not be directed to carry groups… are you serious? And that blue with that comment should be embarrassed for suggesting it.
People don’t sub so others can play for them. All that needs to happen is the cat be put in LFR so everyone has a reason to play season 4, it’s not hard.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if the actual requirement for these achievements is Normal and above, will they be changing the wording of the achievements on live servers to reflect that instead of “any difficulty”?

That seems awfully weird if that was the case all along. If that was their plan, why go live with that wording instead? They could have gone live with those achievements saying “Normal and above” instead.

Are we absolutely sure the CM here didn’t just flub this one? There is absolutely no other piece of information about S4 that says it will require Normal and above, except this one single CM post.

3 Likes

11 million and 1
11 million and 2
11 million and 3…

How about this then.

I can buy every single Mythic 15 I have every week and get 278 gear every week. I can do the same for my Raid Progress.

I can go in on a raid on Heroic difficulty, try my best, do 3K DPS at 260, die like clockwork, yet I can still manage to get AoTC if I am either in a Guild or if I just bait enough groups to carry me.

I can queue for LFR and try my best doing 3K DPS at 260. The mechanics arent as punishing so I manage to get by and am able to down the bosses despite my poor performance relative to my gear.

If you are against LFR players being able to get the mount because its “easy” but are at the same time ok with someone else getting it by being equally as bad and/or doing quite literally nothing on a Higher difficulty then I cant possibly agree with the argument that LFR players dont deserve it because its LFR. Although the 3 scenarios are different they all involve basically underperforming or doing nothing. Why should 2 of those people get the mount for doing nothing good but the 3rd is forbidden?

I know there are many holes in the above statement that could be picked at, but the main point is this. If we are deciding something shouldnt count for the Slime Cat if you can afk through it, and there are many scenarios where you could AFK through it on Normal and Heroic, then why should those count for progress if LFR doesnt for the same reasons?

It just seems too absurd to me that LFR doesnt count simply because its LFR.

5 Likes

i think you’re stretching there lol, but okay if that’s your opinion. that’s totally cool :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

for the record, if they do add it to LFR, i’ll just do it there like everyone else, then chill til DF :100: no worries

1 Like

The CM had all day and multiple other posts to walk it back.

This is what they do. They send a CM out over the trenches to float something that they know is going to make the community furious, and then duck while that person gets roasted alive to see just how bad the blowback will get before they decide if they’re going to stick to their guns or walk it back and suddenly say they were mistaken, or changed their mind “due to community feedback”.

They’ve done it over and over and over again. So many times.

1 Like
  • Fates of the Shadowlands Raids – Clear all 3 Fated raids on Normal difficulty.
    • Rewards the mount.

in the official season 4 news post

2 Likes

Dang, thanks for the update!

Friendship moose just kill one boss.

Slimsaber is an entirely different story when it’s all bosses in all raids.

Sadly, players don’t help each other unless gold is involved.

We all know gold sellers are going to enjoy this and take advantage.

This should have been a Torghast achievement mount.

3 Likes