Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4

…nah. 2 DPS can play pattycake at the start of the dungeon and the other 3 can clear a 15 at this point in the expansion. On time, no less. Also, if you’re so hard against Slime Cat being ovtainable from LFR, where were you two days ago when everyone thought it was obtainable from LFR. Shouldn’t you have been kicking up a stink? Or, is it possible you actually don’t care and just want to argue?

3 Likes

2 Likes

i’m not talking about what people can do - it’s not the norm to afk or 2 man a M+ dungeon like it is in LFR.

and i already said, I never expected a reward like this to be available from LFR - since traditionally, achievements & unobtainable are seasonal things that are earned. So i never thought was an issue to begin with tbh…did you really think LFR is going to be where they place achievements going forward?

looks like you better research some bosses if you want the mount Emnyte :100:

To the first part, sure…why not? Is your ego so fragile that you can’t handle people getting cosmetic rewards?

For the second part, I’m going to have exactly zero issues getting the mount. Doesn’t mean Blizzard’s bait and switch isn’t scummy.

actually, i’m pro cosmetic rewards for the average player. been in multiple discussions about that - which is an entirely different topic btw.

doing this achievement on normal for a mount reward is very accessible and doable by most players at average skill. most players want more unique rewards for the casual audience. making an LFR is catering to the bottom 10%…the community is pretty fed up with that from what i can see.

never was a bait and switch imo. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

After much internal discussion, we’ve decided to…

The achieves quite literally say “fated raids on any difficulty”. That is the definition of a bait and switch. You…understand that, right? Advedtising it as “any difficulty” and then changing it FIVE days before the season is a pretty clear bait and switch. What would you call it?

3 Likes

Like i said, I’ve never seen them add raid rewards like AOTC, or anything earned to LFR before, so no, i don’t see that as a bait and switch…i personally thought it was implied that LFR wouldn’t get any aotc or equivalent type of reward.

be mad or whatever but that’s how i feel. if they change that this tier, then that obviously opens up the door for them to do it in the future, which is their choice. :dracthyr_blob_dance_animated:

Still says any if you click on the individual fated raids in the live game still

If this was a new raid and the mount was a aotc or ce reward people would not be upset .

THe fact is these are rerun raids with no aotc or ce tied to them that have said in any difficulty until today.

Any difficulty is LfR, Normal, Heroic and Mythic.

No where did they say Any Difficulty but LfR before today.

1 Like

the season is shorter in s4, so there’s no AOTC for that reason. This is the alternative, and they made it easier by opening it up to Normal raid difficulty to compensate.

if you think that’s hard, then i guess you should start researching bosses now. they probably only do like one extra mechanic on normal :100:

LFR isn’t a good raid experience anyway, so hopefully this makes raiding more appealing to players that are tired of being hardstuck in LFR.

My raid toon this expansion

I’ve competed every boss except Jailer on Normal , Aotc for Sanctum and 8/11 for heroic SotFO.

This was going to be my take it easy and run this toon and it’s sucky covenant in lfr to gear it up for DF to make it my main again season .

I could easily use the vulpera hunter but this season should be about just having fun and not worrying about difficulty .

4 Likes

i honestly think that’s the 3rd side to this entire argument, you just said it so nicely lol (players that just want to take it ez and get the mount)

To be honest it isn’t a case of can’t it is more of a case at this point in this expansion of being "don’t want to " for a lot of people .

1 Like

Or it’s a matter of “could theoretically do it but in doing so would be exposing themselves to stressors and anxiety that will render the entire experience an unfun chore to slog through”.

“Don’t want to” makes it sound like laziness. “Can’t” makes it sound like they literally are incapable. Most players who do LFR or don’t raid at all fall in the middle; capable, but severely unwilling not due to laziness but due to their personalities and anxieties, which makes this something of an accessibility issue. It’s just not seen as one as much as blindness or one-handedness because those are physical limitations that don’t have the same stigma mental health does of “just push through it”.

2 Likes

Terrible decision, especially to be announced so late. Not even remotely the same situation as friendship moose, and i hope the devs will reconsider. Sad to have gotten my expectations up and now i can just safely let my sub expire again in a few weeks

4 Likes

I know that a few mouthy youtubers have said that, but I can assure you that this is complete nonsense.

Current nerfed Mythic Jailer is still far, far, far, FAR more difficult than original Heroic Jailer. And for anyone to claim otherwise just shows how much hot air they’re shooting out of their butt.

I mean… the very notion is absurd.

Why does Fated even exist in LFR then? There is no incentive to do LFR other than story (which we already experienced recently) and special rewards like the mount (which is not available in LFR).

Maybe the WoW dev team could please fix LFR instead of ignoring it, it suffers from downtimes (queuing, dying, wiping), low learning-incentives and leavers:

• Death Counter: If every player would have x lives with each boss encounter and a 10sec respawn timer, there would be a higher incentive to not go AFK too quickly and to learn mechanics (which could be designed a little bit more punishing then). Each determination stack could increase the number of possible deaths.
  • Respawning in front of a Boss after a wipe, would result in less downtime and motivate to try again rather than leave.
  • A fitting lore NPC that should accompany the raid to talk to for boss strategies in a more approachable way than the Adventure journal, including showing all visual effects, sound/voice and screen messages as an audio-visual aid. As well as an emote to let all other players know which ability it is. e.g.:

[(dialog:) What do we need to look out for?]
[(dialogs:) bad ability name choices]
Comprehensive description of the ability [(dialog:) show me…]
NPC casts the ability visuals/animations, yells like the boss and the ability warnings pop up
(emote:) [NPC name] casts an illusion of [ability name] …

• The same NPC should also offer to turn on/off a DBM style aid. It would include distinctive voice warnings from the NPC and other aids during the encounter.
  • Finally the NPC should offer a choice to become an optional NPC tank (and summon a second tank companion NPC if needed), to make LFR a little bit more role-agnostic for lower queue times in- and outside the raid.

I don’t think there will be much friendship slime-cat groups.
Most boosters would want something in return, because it requires to complete a whole raid each, which takes a lot more time, effort and patience than killing a single heroic end-boss for some friendly fun.

There is also less time to get it, since it is a shorter season, with basically a 3 week lockout for each fated raid.

I would have looked forward to the mount as a nice +1 mount collection bonus.
But it is not interesting enough for me to waste time or even gold to act on FOMO. Unless I would be able to foresee a future expansion that adds a playable slime-species or a slimemancer class to fit the mount.
In this case I would be pissed off to not get the cat, just like I did with he Mage Tower artifact tank weapon appearances, which became available for dd roles only after being removed as a reward.

4 Likes

exactly, they pull this off in the only time i dont raid

No LFR Slime Kitty, no Dragonflight purchase. Simple as. What a truly scummy move to lock a community-voted mount behind something that not everyone in the community can participate in.

10 Likes