Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4

and those reasons are terrible and you know it. Also why are you mention tbc when I said wrath to mop? Read much?

Literally the only valid complaints I can remember were people crying about having to do dailies for gear which you still do now so nothing literally changed.

You also got to realize that gear back then was not completely trivialized after a single tier. I legit used that scarab healer trinket from AQ 40 from the raid release until wrath when blizzard decided to hard nerf all items that were tied to a percentage base. Vanilla to wrath it was a very strong trinket lol.

Your comparisons to said systems are literally apples to oranges.

???
We are going back to a vendor system? Have you not been paying attention? You can also just upgrade drops from normal to heroic version and then again to mythic so this whole argument about loot being exciting is invalid.

While it does seem that Rae’shalare will not be available through the vendor, I’m curious if it will still be available from Sylvanas at the season 4 ilvl. Another question would be is there will be an upgrade item for the bow usable in ones acquired in season 2, or perhaps if it does indeed still drop, can the season 4 be upgraded similarly to how the rest of the raid gear is planned to?

You just earn one coin per every 3 months in LFR as a fair rate. Each tier above reduces cool down between coins by a significant amount.

Are you telling me we’ll be able to buy the rare items (edge of night, legendary bow, Jailer mace, etc?)

That would be really cool. I wanted to nab the hunter quiver and legendary bow.

Edge of night and gavel of the first arbiter: yes

I didn’t see the hunter cloak or bow when I looked on the PTR, but it might get added later.

Isn’t it my luck that the two things I already farmed every week until I got them, are now guaranteed in S4 with a grind…

Hope the bow and quiver make the list!

Not to mention it bones anyone who wants to play multiple specs. I like to dps and heal. Guess I just choose one spec!

Sentenzà is a couple sandwiches short of a picnic so I can’t really respond to them with their… intelligence…

5 Likes

This seems not good or fun but more artificial time-gatey for max 3 items. Players will be mad they bought a trinket that gets nerfed 5 weeks in, or didn’t buy a weapon that performs differently from the sticker price.

This is an opportunity to do better than the past, but this really just reeks of conduit energy and covenant lock. I’d be more interested if it was something I would be able to participate in, but as it stands, it looks like my sub is being charged toward the 2% of players who are already full gear going into S4.

No thanks.

cool, a full clear on LFR man that is soooo much to ask for to literally just give people a free item of their choice, man that is THE WORST.

Time based gatekeeping for older raid content with a maximum limit?

ummm? What blizzard? this sounds very VERY much like “please continue to pay for your sub”

just let us do the dang quest, give us the 3 tokens and move on. you’re already doing a maximum limit on how many we can have. Why THE HECK ARE YOU TIME GATING IT

1 Like

its a shorter season, given the 3 2 1 scheme, is it plausible season 4 will be around 6-12 weeks?

does season 4 end with the 10.0 pre patch or does that remain active until the expansion fully launches?

If you full clear every week, you would get your 3rd token week 6

If they follow BFA S4, It will end with pre-patch, but there will be a post season with most of the same rewards until launch.

some people don’t do LFR

this is a system they said they are testing. I think they should consider how people would feel if they were in a guild group and the guild group decided to add more raid nights at the start of an expansion so that the guild could kill the number of bosses needed.

Most groups I imagine don’t do full clears every week at the start of a tier. So would there be a push to play more?

If you play multiple roles… then you can do what you already do, do normal/heroic off-nights with your guild and collect those items on your other nights, or have them traded to you.

3 Dinars for raid is already very very generous with the Mythic Currency in place. Being able to get absolute BIS, broken BIS, “shouldn’t be in the game BIS”, from a vendor + currency from killing bosses like Shriekwing is insane.

S4 is basically a meme at this point, rendering M+ completely pointless, and you think that’s not enough? Lol.

I’d like to begin by thanking you for the continued dialogue not only about the upcoming changes themselves but also the Teams ideology behind why they have made some of the choices they’re making.

I’m curious as to what influences were drawn from the old badge systems we used to have in place, and why it was deemed better to use a limited coin system rather than a limited vendor?

If we had the option to earn this currency in abundance, but knew the vendors only offered a limited selection of items…perhaps the same high impact items you’ve mentioned before, weapons/trinkets vs boots/bracers. It may feel better, knowing that we could eventually get all the items we need for multi spec or dual wield without feeling like we are forced to use the limited currency for the most impactful purchase and knowing we may leave things incomplete.

This system above would extend the reason to continue doing fated dungeons beyond earning your 3rd coin which would give an opportunity for the team to try different fated affix’s, and keep the most participants in the experiment while removing the pressure of misspending your coins.

I like the idea of using the extra season to test out new stuff, it makes it feel less like a filler season and more like a sort of PTR for future features.

As for the coin system I have a few concerns:

• Someone is going to misuse their coin and buy the wrong thing, and as a result are gonna feel shafted for the rest of the season. Creation Catalyst is a perfect example of a seemingly fool-proof system to give tier gear to more people, and lots of fools ended up using it to change the stats on their boots or something. Don’t underestimate the fools.

• Items are going to get nerfed. If I use my coin to buy Old Warrior’s Soul from Sylvanas because it’s inevitably going to be BiS, and then it gets nerfed the next week, I’m gonna be a little miffed. I didn’t know it was going to be nerfed, and now I have wasted my coin on a suboptimal trinket.

• This system is going to suck for returning players/players who aren’t in a raiding guild that consistently full clears the raid/players who do M+ or PvP. If it’s intended to be a counter-balance to Conquest/Valor that’s fine, just realize that not all of the player-base will actually benefit from it.

• This system punishes multispeccing. One of my mates in game plays Havoc in the raid with our guild and Vengeance in M+, and if he uses a coin to purchase something for his tank spec, he won’t have that coin to use for purchasing something for his other spec.

Anyways, thanks for the willingness to communicate with a place as toxic as the WoW forums. :vulcan_salute:

so you want raid items of your choice without even having to enter the raid on even ffing lfr? come on now you have to be trolling

Kinda like how you can get a full 4 set without touching the raid now? I don’t see how that is so far fetched?

Once again my issue with this is they are double dipping with timegates again. It’s going to take you a grand total of 6 weeks minimum to get all the tokens and that is assuming you are fully clearing the raid every week. 6 weeks is fine however hard capping the currency is not. One or the other please.

I just said some people don’t do LFR after you claiming just to a full clear on LFR in response to my concern a guild might expect players to be doing a full clear on normal/heroic each week.

Never said a word about expecting raid items without entering the raid.

I still want to know.

Can you get Mythic appearances by upgrading the items you get with the currency.