Raid Rewards Experiments in Season 4

Some people can, some people can’t, for a large variety of reasons some of which are well out of our control.

No reason to exclude the people who can’t, except a sense of gamer elitism that would be better left behind.

18 Likes

So I guess what you don’t seem to understand is that the community wouldn’t have a problem with this if Blizzard would have communicated this point at a much earlier date or even just used their fancy new Encryption to hide all this like they did with the Dark Ranger stuff, but they didn’t and now that they are moving the goal post at the last second. So unless you are gonna have a meaningful discussion and not demean others for their work schedules or disabilties please leave the thread

8 Likes

Which, honestly, is nice to see and, hopefully, y’all will take that to heart before the season starts.

36 Likes

Friendship moose type events are amazing but only help out people who can raid during limited time slots. For those of us who work off work hours and can only raid from 1pm-4pm, it is extremely difficult to find a group.

I really hope Blizzard can find a way to make this through LFR seeing as that will be Fated as well. Otherwise I will likely be buying a boost, which from what I understand Blizzard would like to discourage. But this change is promoting people to do just that =/

8 Likes

The achievements have said “complete the raid on any difficulty” for months. Now the blue is saying that they actually meant “any difficulty except LFR”.

That’s a big change. It’s 25% of all difficulties being excluded less than a week from the patch. LFR is rumored to be the most populated raiding difficulty - this means that at least 25% of all raiders have now learned that they will not get the mount unless they start doing another raiding difficulty.

It is a last minute change.

15 Likes

I will voice my opinion on this. Imo this is a very bad decision to put it lightly. S4 was meant as a “so you have something to do til Dragonflight that might also be a tad fun”. So baring the LFRaiders from this seems be done without any proper reason. And while im usually not a big fan of all the “fomo posts” i will agree that this applies in this case here given the popularity of the slime cat mount to begin with.

That we also assumed it would be obtainable through any difficulty with LFR also being fated as well. Which heavily adds to the frustation of the playerbase right now.

47 Likes

If the intent is to spare players from additional costs involving upgrading legendaries, know that this does nothing for it.

Having legendary items with lower item level than mythic difficulty loot means the more engaged players will have to recraft their already existing legendaries into less expressive slots, with lower main stat loss over mythic gear (probably a ring and a necklace).

It would be interesting if the last boss of a fated raid dropped, once a week and regardless of difficulty, a token with a similar item level to an end-of-raid mythic boss item that could be used to upgrade one legendary and make up for the item level difference.

4 Likes

Wow, that’s not what the in-game achievement text says. Totally moving the goal posts and a bad decision on Blizzards’ part.

23 Likes

If they told in advance then you’ll plan out your unsub times. Plus also it’s obvious they are scrambling to put things together like a kid finishing a project on Sunday night before school.

3 Likes

More of that Indie company stuff… So cool…
/s

and then people wonder why I don’t prepurchase anymore.

2 Likes

This right here

3 Likes

Ironically I’m more likely to unsub now over feeling misled than I would have been if they announced the cat as being Normal or higher from the start.

17 Likes

Decisions like this have made me not even want to buy DF! I have always preordered expansions, even SL, but i have seen way to much focus on the 10% of the players in this game during SL. It has turned me off 100%. Since this new team stepped in, they could not even give us the same ilvl increase that Korthia , for ZM gear! They HALVED the ilvl increase for the same amount of work!

This decision is the last straw, i will finish leveling my 11th alt in a day or 2, and i am done with this trash forever, unless they do a complete 180 on their decision making, and stop treating casual and solo players like trash!

19 Likes

what a joke

10 Likes

In addition to what Neryssa said about this being 30 bosses as opposed to one, this is another reason why “Friendship Cat” won’t happen. The groups that are doing Friendship Crab will be focusing on that because we know it’s time limited and difficult, “Friendship Cat” will be a personal undertaking of joining random pugs and hoping.

11 Likes

Exactly this, me and many others saw the achievement and assumed all difficulties included LFR, like it traditionally does. This wouldn’t be a disappointment had I not been expecting to be able to do LFR with some friends and get this mount.

15 Likes

Imgur

22 Likes

There are more likely to be M and H guilds selling full fated clears for RMT behind the scenes than “friendship” cats farmed.

13 Likes

Nah, if you play LFR, you’re not even human to some of these ppl. You’re just trash, so pay up, and let privileged ppl in their raid groups reap all the rewards.

13 Likes

So inclusive huh?

7 Likes