Raid or Die is Stupid

Going back to the raid or die model of the game is going to backfire horribly. Its bad enough there are stupid covenants and a weekly chest that requires you to completely no-life the game for a “selection table” - then you nerf mythic+.

Mythic+ has been more difficult than heroic raiding since it came out. Its bad enough trying to put together a 5 man group without raiderIO - let alone creating groups for heroic raids. Nothing worse than waiting 30 minutes for a heroic raid group to form and watch it fall apart after the 1st garbage pull.

I am really struggling to understand the design of this xpac that is only taking every horrible aspect of BFA (best forgotten afterwards) and somehow making them worse.

Dont even get me started on level scaling making gear practically pointless… Now you make mythic + meaningless?

If you thought the subs/player drop off after the BFA launch was bad, just wait and see how this derailment looks.

153 Likes

Except it isn’t. It’s going back to a more rewarding system that is more deserving.

Got any sources to cite on the sub drop that you’re talking about?

30 Likes

It’s not a raid or die model. I think it’s more of a mythic plus doesn’t shower you in gear faster then your raid does model.

72 Likes

What are you talking about?

How is it more deserving or rewarding?

9 Likes

When gear rains down so freely it kinda makes it boring tbh. I’ll gladly take more meaningful gear rather than a down pour of gear HOPING you get the “right” piece.

34 Likes

Relatable and hilarious. :laughing:

Join a guild! As someone who has both pugged and raided with a solid group, I think that joining a guild may improve your experience by 1000%.

18 Likes

I don’t know why people think mythic+ should give you infinite gear on the same level as heroic raid gear. You can farm heroic raids once per week. You can infinitely farm mythic+ as is so there’s really no point to raiding heroic with the current system. How does this make any sense at all?

46 Likes

Raid gear should be rewarding and worth more than dungeon gear. If you dont want to raid to get gear and just stay M+, then go ahead. Do harder content and get better rewards. Simple logic kid.

21 Likes

Basically meaningful gear has to mean no more epics or Legendaries given out like candy, and that heirloom gear can be a great substitute until then at all levels.

1 Like

Thats because mythic+ is harder than heroic raiding?

7 Likes

Not really

2 Likes

Eh, a m+10 is significantly easier than heroic raiding.

5 Likes

Mythic 15s is harder than Heroic raiding, but it do give better ilvl rewards than raiding.

1 Like

Its not easier… You are just relying on more people to not be bad. That does not make the content more difficult, it just means weeding out additional baddies.

5 Likes

So wait, lemme get this right. They’re nerfing the ilvl of gear you get at the end of a mythic+, but the weekly chest still gives good gear correct? If so, then what is the problem exactly? It’d still be a viable gearing path yeah?

23 Likes

Hence, easier.

3 Likes

Heroic raiding is a far cry from harder than +15’s

4 Likes

Blizzard always goes out of its way to ruin things.

Like I said in another post.

Raid bosses better only drop 2 pieces of loot per boss, that way 30 people can fight over 2 pieces of loot and make the game balanced. It’s weird they care so much about mythic + loot affecting raiding, but allow the constant loot funneling/trading to continue without penalty.

4 Likes

I mean, unless they plan to make patches even longer I really don’t see the benefit to this design at all. Gear is obsolete within 3-4 months at the best of times.

If the gear progression was the entire xpac I would agree with nerfing and having a progression gear model but thats not the case at all. There will be tons of catch up mechanics after 2-3 months and the gear will be useless as soon as the next patch drops.

Understand?

2 Likes

Raid bosses will drop less loot this time around

2 Likes