Raid loot no longer personal loot?

This is one way to get items from GL, but the easier solution is to be the only person who can need, since comp no longer matters for drop rates.

As opposed to PL where the system just awarded them the loot based upon a roll you never saw and they let it drop into their mail to avoid people giving them crap for not trading it?

First, it’s not the same system as before. People seem to assume that just because the name is the same it automatically means the rules are the same without doing even 2 seconds of research.

Second, I outgeared LFR when personal loot was a thing and still took pieces. The people who go into LFR knowing what to do have just as much right to gear because they also helped down the boss. It does not matter if the piece is transmog. They deserve just as much a chance. The same situation happened under personal loot and I, as well as many others, took advantage of it numerous times.

Here are the rules.

Yup, that just doesn’t click with some folks here.

I hate to break it to you, but these “rules” are highly incorrect, and I have proven it. I rolled need on two exact same items that dropped on one boss, on the same run. With several people rolling a main spec need, I won both. Similarly, on my Prot pally, a 2h Fury Warrior won a 1h mace need over me, when he rolled for prot (not 1h fury, because lets be honest, nobody plays 1h fury). Yes, that roll was technically legal according to the loot system, but it’s a loophole for rolling off-spec over main spec, per Blizzard’s statement on the exception, which is still unfair.

Just to respond to the following quote:

As many in this thread have speculated, all players in Personal Loot were constantly ‘rolling’ behind the scenes, whether you wanted to or not. It’s not as simple as ‘with group loot you’re rolling against everyone, but in personal loot you’re rolling against fewer’. Changing to Group Loot for raids makes the process of loot acquisition and distribution more transparent and gives players more freedom to trade loot around and allocate it socially if they choose to do so.
(/end quote)

Of course it’s “not as simple”, but Blizzard is effectively reducing the probability of lesser geared players / alts attempting to actually get gear, by using the need/greed system. Maybe it’ll change in the future when other higher-geared toons just pass on everything, but in the beginning of the expansion, when a lot of players are trying to actively gear their toons, those rolls are not against the system and system alone, but rather other ungeared toons, toons wanting transmogs, toons wanting to DE items, toons rolling need because they saw it and said eff it, toons that want to merch every piece of gear possible, etc…

Please, if you’re going to argue that this need/greed system has a statistically higher chance of gearing toons than the personal loot system, get off the forums and take a stats class, because you’re absolutely wrong.

That requires proof, not anecdotal statements that may or may not be true and cannot be proven or disproven. Yes, there have been observed bugs. That doesn’t make it the same system we had before.

100% within the rules and something that was taken advantage of even with personal loot. Resonant Reservoir was bis triket for healers in the SL seasons it was featured. Spec swapped just for the Sausage fight to the chagrin of many dps casters.

That quote has nothing to do with my post.

You were still against those people in personal loot. It’s not like when I won an item through PL I was more likely to give it away when I could use it for mogs.

Has, again, absolutely nothing to do with what I said. Quite snarky telling me to take a stats class when you seem to not even be able to read. I said the current system of rules makes current group loot a different system from old group loot. Which is 100% the case even if half of the rules were to bug out. I also stated that anyone taking part in a kill should have just as much chance at loot as anyone else who took part regardless of how geared they are. I made no mention of any statistical variation between the systems and will go as far as to say that what I said was neither in favor or against either PL or need/greed.

i definitely don’t miss the system from Vanilla, seeing people roll “Need” on moss agate, greens, tigers eye, blues, and so on, hunter wins a 2hed polearm with strength that the arms warrior wanted, warrior wins the roll for a gun and hunter rages at the warrior for ninjaing his loot…

See this year after year, aspects never change, only back then as you said blacklisting put you in trouble if you were known for being a toxic/ninja player.

Why does that annoy you ? They where there no ? If anything they contributed more than you, and they have the right to roll on loot as well

Apparently it was the intent to design the system so high ilvl players could need on everything and hoover up all the loot. I can’t think of a good reason why they would intentionally re-implement a loot distribution system in LFR that had failed previously, but I can think of bad ones. To get players to accept the system, they announced that there would be restrictions on rolling need or winning need rolls that were never implemented.

Players who already had high ilvl tier had been winning multiple tokens from the same boss, and were outraged that this was no longer happening.

It is what it is. I doubt they will do anything about this, except for changes intended to increase the toxicity of the playerbase.

LFR should go back to PL. Need>Greed is fine for normal +

This is a confirmed tier-specific bug that has since been fixed, unless your talking about weapons (where you can win both on a dual-wield spec)

Fury loot spec does not care if you play SMF or TG. It includes all strength weapons both 1 and 2 handed.

It’s just a fact that GL has more restrictions in place to push gear towards lower-geared players than PL ever did. This whole “you can’t roll need on an item when you already have that same item at the same or higher ilvl” did not exist in PL.

Under PL, someone with heroic tier is more likely to get the tier than someone with no tier at all, since there is no protection to prevent that from happen at all in PL.

There is in GL.

I know this post is old but I gotta say this is classic blizz right here. This was one and if not the main reason personal loot was added in the first place.

:man_facepalming: they’re trolling us at this point.

1 Like

I don’t know how you’ve mistaken a fact that I provided for you with an “anecdotal statement”, though perhaps you shall re-read my previous statement and hopefully have a better understanding of the fact that I actually witnessed it happen with my own rolls yesterday. Two of the same items, I rolled need, as well as others. They were an armor piece so not an off-spec roll, and I won both. Please refrain from making uneducated remarks if you don’t understand the entirety of my post. If you’re requesting further proof, I suppose you’ll just have to trust me on this, as I did not take any screenshots, nor did I record the fact that it happened, but it did.

I supposed you didn’t read this:

The quote I posted was from the link YOU provided, in that same comment. I’m beginning to think you’re trolling at this point.

If you can’t take feedback to better yourself and your own personal knowledge, that’s all the proof I need. I’m not going to sit here and baby you. I also was not directing that comment at anybody in specific, whereas another part of my comment was a direct response to you. Though as they say; if the shoe fits…

Don’t be so sure about that. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. When I’m over-geared and joining LFR, it’s typically just for gold with tank / healing bonus rewards, or on the off chance that I win a greed roll. Not take loot from less geared toons who are in there to actually obtain better gear. That’s just a toxic mentality right there.

Literally this. They claim the new system isn’t the same as the old system, and yes, maybe they’ve implemented a few countermeasures to stop some ninja looting, but the BS that was happening before is still happening now, and maybe not as much, but we can all clearly see that its there. I don’t know if they’ll ever change it, though I truly hope they do. LFR should allow toons to roll their own loot, not against others. It’s meant to get acquainted with the bosses at a lower difficulty, and get a bit of gear along the way. I don’t have time to raid with a guild anymore like I used to, so that’s basically the only raiding I get to do.

Do you have the blue text for that fix? Because This literally happened to me yesterday on my Prot Pally. Won two sets of the same shoulder piece, same iLevel, same kill, both need, both were needed by other players as well. Its not “fixed”.

Keep reading and you’ll see how I posted that it was a legal roll, but simply a loophole :slight_smile:

Wait, what? So this whole post that I created regarding these other players being severely over-geared, we’re talking 400+ iLevel rolling need on LFR gear at 376, you’re saying that I have a better chance at getting that piece of gear that they rolled on, as opposed to the personal loot system where I didn’t have to roll against players that could simply pass? Naw you’re just trolling too. With personal loot, you’re not rolling against other people looking for xmogs. You don’t have to deal with the “rolling need because I can”. You roll against the system, and a certain set of players may or may not get a piece of gear.

Sometimes people take it for xmog, people have this entitlement mentality … everyone participates so everyone has the right to the loot, the loot is not yours just because you have lower ilvl

From just over 3 weeks ago:

A loophole that your proposed solution does not do anything about, so this complaint is not relevant.

I might have put it in less than ideal phrasing, but if your goal is to put gear on people who it’s an actual upgrade for, current GL is better at that than PL is.

No, you are. The computer just automatically rolls for you behind the scenes and hides the results, only showing who won and who lost.

You instead have to deal with “rolling need because the system forces everyone to do the equivalent of rolling need on everything, all the time, regardless of circumstance.”

“I’m going to double down using a personal experience as an argument for change despite admitting I did not gather any evidence in the 16 days I waited to respond.”

I did. You attempted to use it as an argument as to why the rules are not working. I refuted. It’s not a loophole. It’s by design.

I’m not taking feedback on bettering myself from some forum rando who gets so upset they didn’t get their LFR loot that they had to bring back this useless thread. Get help. Legit help. Better yourself.

Clearly they have failed at implementing this hotfix then? I don’t know what else you want me to say on that…

A loophole that is exactly fixed by my solution of going back to personal loot. I don’t understand how you’re failing to see that.

Clearly not, as many people are still absolutely hating GL due to my reasons previously stated, multiple times.

Great, and it’s still a much better system, because you have a solid chance at getting loot. Why? Because you don’t roll against people that could otherwise pass, who instead still need for whatever reason, even when they have better gear, just like I’ve previously stated… again.

I’d MUCH rather roll against the system, as it’s a solid chance, again.

See the pattern here?

Oh golly gee, do you want me to apologize for not being on here every single day? You must be breathing pretty hard now. I have other, better things to do than to respond to you within 30 minutes. Your whining serves no proof for or against my initial argument, and is therefore useless.

Faulty design, as clearly many players are unhappy with this. Again, it IS a loophole.

Cool, have fun with your trolling. I am upset, upset that this lackluster system is their best resolution for getting the best loot for players, when it clearly is not working. This game is almost 20 years old, and I would have hoped that the loot system was much better by this point. Clearly it still has its flaws. Will it change? Probably not. But don’t whine at me for bringing my actual concerns about how flawed this system is, just because you fail to see from my perspective. Get help? That’s why I’m posting here, to see that other users are also agreeing. Thanks for your concern though.

No, but if you were going to respond after so long I would have expected some substance.

Not a loophole. 100% intended.

This thread was just you whining about not getting LFR loot.

If your loophole is “fury warrior loot spec getting 1h weapons”, no it won’t. That’s been an intended feature of the loot spec ever since SMF retuned to the game.

People will hate on things because they don’t understand how they work.

So, how is removing the option to pass increasing your odds of getting an item? In LFR< you would go from rolling against some number less than or equal to 24, to always rolling against 24. That’s about all PL does for this. It removes the ability to pass.

It’s against other players. They system hides that fact from you, but you are rolling against other players in both systems.

You are consistently not looking at this logically.

Zero agency. Now we have agency. It’s a good thing.

1 Like