Raid Kick Increase Survival Hunter Damage

Survival Spec needs some help, you got classes doing 40 k damage and I get raid kicked … I was in a Raid A bit ago did in the high 30s damage when was able to focus.

Focusing melee, pet, and using bombs, latent poison and venomous fang I can get 30k…

But when I have to use I am down to pet, bombs, and aspect the cool down the aspect of eagle is long and the damage is nothing to brag on.

I was in that Raid for hours … And some classes can stand still and do a lot of damage…

Increase the damage of aspect based on distance away from target and increase pet proc or damage…

Why do you pick certain classes to win over some that have played for years ?

I really does make you feel bad getting laughed at then booted LOL…

1 corruption gear can make a different of 10k dps…

but other factor comes in too. Dont pug raids, find a guild.

2 Likes

Hmm, so damage increases when you join guild and, my weapon is corrupted level 460 Qwor N’lyeth maybe server first dunno …

Survival is lacking across the board and the hunter class nerfs started years and years ago …

All the way back to classic or after, some set of warlocks doing 40k damage getting great loot basically building fire balls …

Me I am hoping around killing blobs pulling them off the raid getting 26k and booted…

I am not sure the utility in raid of the Survival Hunter since most people are DPS focused…

All classes should have available the tools to build the same or similar damage the disparity in damage dealing potential will naturally lead to higher damage dealers being selected over less.

This unfairness seem to be rooted in some Bias ?

Is not equity of potential a natural assumption, and the limiting factor design ?

People will invite you in which they do, then remove you based on need.

Strange to me especially if you want mass appeal.

Survival’s dps is fine but if your dps is in the 30k area on bosses with no down time and your ilvl is above 440 you may want to look at your traits and gear if you notice that your rotation isn’t the problem.

Survival has so issues since its melee on certain fights but its not the lowest of the low dps classes.

3 Likes

Wow Logs is showing MM and SV at the bottom
www.warcraftlogs.com/zone/statistics/24/#difficulty=3

Its the mechanics of each fight that will effect your damage. Bosses that require high mobility will cause lost in damage, especial if your strongest attacks require melee range.

2 Likes

The class is broke in PvP and in Raid you never see anyone playing them like zero …

Survival Hunter I have seen 3 in 6 months …

I can only relate the lack of presence to a lack of appeal to play the Survival Spec and the game is centered on damage.

If what you said were true “They are fine” I think the population would be greater,

The character needs to be made more robust and resilient to damage especially PvP ,

Example I can get my Versatility to 30% by sacrificing all my haste… As far as Melee damage from a player there is a slight reduction …

However I still get shredded…

1 Like

You don’t see anyone playing surv because they don’t want to be a melee hunter, the dps of surv was never the issue why more hunters aren’t playing it and to be honest I’m surprised that this isn’t more obvious to you.

And pve and pvp are two separate topics seeing how BM isn’t doing leagues better than surv in pvp.

In all likely hood BM will continue to be the top played hunter spec until such a time that they fix MM and maybe if they brought a fully ranged option to surv, until then maybe look for damage modifier hot fix for suvr but nothing more than that.

5 Likes

Says the guy posting on a Demon Hunter.

4 Likes

My main is Survival made this to experiment with, from what I can tell so far is she has the abilities not just to beat the opponent but make you wonder why you play at all.

I use the keys that popped up on character creation have no idea how to play this non terrestrial laser eyed root bat.

So I watch a couple videos all I can say by comparison to my survival hunter is this guy is has powers yet to be explored.

If you look at his options and they are many for defense and offense and watch people pvp with them very few use the full arsenal the ones that do in a timely fashion will destroy you …

I do not do damage with this Demon Hunter I devastate people of higher gear levels that have played longer and harder.

My first few BGs I was like what is killing these people I just mashed a couple buttons and started this crazy gyration and they began to die and I begin to leech health this is not sarcasm make one and you will see.

In my low gear if I just spam the unknown buttons that popped up when I made this girl and land in the middle of the group and get the unknown spam times right I may not kill people but I leech.

While I am fighting and discouraging an entire group of people my team picks them off while I leech, seems odd to me…

What is the allure to the opposite team when their total engagement and prevention winning is tied to a single combatant ?

There is none, so they become discouraged and understandably so make a post here and there and get told non factual things about their experiences.

1 Like

DHs have an extremely low skill cap, and surv has the highest skillcap left in the game, so when you say

So I watch a couple videos all I can say by comparison to my survival hunter is this guy is has powers yet to be explored.

This is v. ironic. You can master playing a DH in one day. Surv requires sinking enough time into it to know when to fight and when to kite, and there are plenty of small decisions (like bomb use) that have long-term consequences.

Would you mind posting on your surv hunter? When it comes to raiding, surv is absolutely at a disadvantage, but this disadvantage you’re seeing in random battlegrounds is almost 100% the result of bad gearing and playstyle.

You’re not trying to use “melee” surv as an actual melee spec and trying to stand toe-to-toe against other melee, are you? It’s a hit-n-run spec, you shouldn’t be in melee range hardly ever, except when coming in for a root, stun, or burst.

I’d be happy to point out what you’re doing wrong if you’d post on that character instead of a purple wingflapper.

3 Likes

So…this has nothing to do with surv, you just wanted to flex how better dh is compared to it? Sure Jan, have fun with that :no_good_woman:t6:

Has it occurred to you that whenever you talk about Survival you sound like that one Rick and Morty copypasta?

1 Like

This was true in Legion. BFA survival is a joke and is hardly more difficult than other dps specs.

3 Likes

The irony is astounding…

1 Like

A little, but not of a big margin, least big enough to have you get kicked out of raids. This DH guy most certainly wasnt doing either mechanics, proper rotation or toxic attitude.

No specs truly hard, anyone can play them all… but mastery is different, and yes Surv hunter will require more than the DH. BFA changes made it more complex compared to legion… the wildfire bombs effect, knowing when to go in or out… on pvp those are really important.

1 Like

“You’re not trying to use “melee” surv as an actual melee spec and trying to stand toe-to-toe against other melee, are you? It’s a hit-n-run spec, you shouldn’t be in melee range hardly ever, except when coming in for a root, stun, or burst.”

This leaves bombs stings and pet damage, and aspect of the eagle, I buff the stings and azerite traits are used for venomous poison.

Toe to toe competition is forced by the refresh on other classes stuns and the gap closers.

Why do some stuns still work through turtle ?

Why is the refresh on my stun intimidation 60 seconds ?

Why when I disengage can I be frozen in midair ?

Why does trackers net break under damage ?

I got one for you why does a druid in a BG have 900k hp and cannot be taken down by a whole team not draw any real attention to the point of fixing it.

To get into the minutiae of detail of deficiency with the survival spec and having laser eyed flying bats rooting every 15 secs shredding you.

Or a druid bear running healing spamming dots and doing melee damage I mean get serious…

Buff the class the Survival Class put them in the game blah blah blah …

Can I have a hit for 70k like Templar ??? O no Survival too strong on paper what a joke …

1 Like

Why dont you just play another class if you want something other class has?

The only joke is you trolling now… because on paper they are strongest. So much plays to be done.

1 Like

Can you post an address to a PvP board or any stats on how many play the class as it relates to others ??

worldofwargraphsdotcom/pvp-stats/classes

Have a look here …

Why do some stuns still work through turtle ?

Why is the refresh on my stun intimidation 60 seconds ?

Why when I disengage can I be frozen in midair ?

Why does trackers net break under damage ?

You gave no answer to what I asked ?

No trolling, why do you say that… I have given you certifiable stats and I asked questions so you call me a Troll ?

That is hardly anyway to carry on dialogue that is conducive to positive change or outlook, because my experiences and descriptions conflict with yours does not mean I am trolling.

Call people names ?

1 Like

Here’s your first mistake, checking leader boards. They are unreliable, to determinate whether a class is good, bad, terrible, great. Not to use! Never.

Seems like you lack game knowledge if you really need those questions… they are pure basic game mechanics.

Aspect of the turtle: Deflects all attacks.
Stuns are not an attack, they are a harmful effect. See BoP.

Because it is 60 seconds. What else do you not understand ? Want a shorter CD, play a different class. Some have 10 sec, some 30, some 45 and some 60sec…

Because you passed in the radius of the CC… trap or frost nova. Those arent ground only, it affect up to a certain height as well.

Because thats how it was designed. If you want a more RP response, slashing a sharp blade on a net will cut it… thus making it useless.

There happy ? Your… weird useless questions are answered. If youre asking yourself those questions, then I can understand more why you get kicked out of raids. They are game design, they are made like so.

If your gonna ignore stats across the board and insult no need to respond.

Not one answer you gave is relative to the merit of the question, just simple sarcastic name calling and accusation.

You even say statistical info is incorrect, so then it is a matter of opinion and to have an opinion you need experience in the area I am speaking.

So make a Hunter if you have not and play them as your main, go back through all content Pre Cata spend some time in the Marsh Farming Motes just for Giggles.

Then talk to me but you got to feel it, you gotta watch the sun come up over those mushrooms and stop eating them :slight_smile: