Raid ID issue

I submitted a ticket regarding being saved to a raid ID that i had nothing to do with, I was in a group with some friends pvping in blackrock mountain and i was feared by a horde player into the window that zones you into MC, beyond my control, i zoned into MC and was instantly locked into the raid ID of my friends guild which was cleared earlier in the week, (clear was tuesday, this all happened thursday). my guild raids saturday (today… in about 2 hours to be exact) the response i recieved from my ticket was nothing more then a copy and paste from support. blizzard. com/article/000012569 … this is not a case of attempting to gain extra gear unfairly

GMs cannot reset it. You’ll have to wait

6 Likes

Sadly there is nothing that can be done. This is a known bug that unfortunately has locked you out for this reset. I do wish I had better news for you.

i don’t actually think it is a bug. this is working as intended in classic.

4 Likes

Yes that is correct! It’s why I’ll only pug with guilds I know won’t quit after a few wipes lol!

1 Like

My bad. I remember a post lime this about a month ago and I had thought it got moved to the classic bug forum.

It was my understanding just stepping in should not lock you.

Apologize if I gave wrong info

You would be correct.

2 Likes

there are contributing factors here which were in your control.

you chose to group with someone who was saved
you chose to pvp directly outside the entry portal
…trinket?

regardless, this is intended behavior.
you’ll probably want to be more selective about where you pvp, and who you group with.

3 Likes

The difference in these situations is that the thread that got moved to the Classic Bug Report Forum is a situation where no bosses were killed, and they were saved to a Raid ID where all bosses were still alive. Likely a bug and needs to be reported, even if there’s nothing that can be done for the particular player.

This thread’s situation is that they entered the portal while in a group that had cleared all bosses. Not a bug. In fact, that’s very much working as intended.

1 Like

Great point and I see the difference between the two

Thanks for the clarification

OP, sorry I gave wrong advice. Apologize for any confusion.

I know. I was simply referring to the context of what I quoted.

1 Like