Raid Finder would be a very welcomed addition to Season of Discovery Phase 2

As the blue post acknowledges, GDKP is a form of raiding for players who don’t have the time to join a dedicated raiding guild and set aside multiple days a week in order to raid.

If blizzard is going to remove GDKP, I think a great addition would be Raid Finder to Season of Discovery Phase 2.

Raid Finder would serve the same purpose as GDKP does: to allow the casual player the ability to raid without having to join a guild.

The addition of raid finder would greatly benefit the playerbase of Season of Discovery, giving players another option to experience the raid.

Secondly, Raid Finder would provide a very casual raid atmosphere where players don’t feel obligated to purchase full consumables for every raid, therefore saving the player a lot of gold over the course of the phase.

Many players join GDKP as a method for earning gold so that they can afford full consumables. but if raid finder were implemented, players could raid without worrying about bringing full consumables (which becomes a pretty heavy gold sink and causing players to spend alot of time farming for gold in the game)

Since Raid Finder would be an automated queue system, players could just casually join as they see fit without having a raid leader expecting full consumables.

Furthermore, Raid Finder would provide another method for players to group together and meet eachother, which would also benefit the playerbase of Season of Discovery as it is a tool for socialization within the game.

thank you all for reading my post, I look forward to everyone’s feedback and having a positive discussion on the topic.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

6 Likes

By afking in cities until the queue pops.

15 Likes

This topic raises a very interesting question…

If I have someone on ignore why can I still see their threads on the board :thinking:

7 Likes

thank you very much for your feedback.

I would like to point out that the socialization begins when the players are teleported into the Raid Finder group.

This would allow busy players the ability to work on their real life responsibilities while waiting for the queue.

once the queue pops, the player can then begin to socialize with everyone in their automatically generated group.

There is no socialization after a raid starts. When you start, GO GO GO.
Raid ends, everyone leaves, no words spoken.

6 Likes

i would like to disagree.

every time i raid, i always have wonderful conversations with everyone in the group.

this player also notes that classic is a game where players “hang out with the boys” and have fruitful conversations.

and, in my experience, these lively conversations always happen during the raid.

LOL your raids must have sucked!

No friend, Classic WoW is actually about parsing who is the loudest on voice chat and doing battles on the peggle addon.

Though the raids themselves are easy enough to be completed in raid finder…Raid Finder itself is a terrible idea for the game. It was terrible when it was added in Cata, it’s terrible in retail and it would be terrible in SoD. The game doesn’t need random matchmaking for dungeons and raids. If you can’t find a pug because people have ridiculous requirements, than find a guild that matches your availability and shares your mindset for the game.

1 Like

but raid finder offers a wonderful alternative for players who are unable to dedicate themselves to a set schedule while still being able to experience the raids when they do find the free time to log onto the game.

1 Like

So does forming your own pug raid, you can do that any time you want and set your own requirements.

1 Like

I’m not playing or bothering with SoD because I found out that there were no queue systems other than for BGs.

I almost didn’t even get RDF in Wrath because of ppl like you.

When the time comes, you’re going to lose this battle, and RDF and LFR will be in all iterations of classic.

My demographic is going to squeeze yours out.

3 Likes

it can take a really long to form a pug raid though… and when a player is actively looking for members to join their pug raid, they cannot tend to any other real life responsibilities, they have to 100% focus on finding people to join their group.

raid finder offers the same experience as a pug raid while removing the hassle, i think its a great idea!

You know what else erodes traditional guild and social structures? Raid Finder.

If you’re looking for a lobby dungeon/raid simulator there’s always retail for you

3 Likes

People like me? So people that prefer to play with friends rather than dealing with terrible randoms that ruin the experience of everyone that gets stuck with them? I don’t care if it’s terrible players or meta slaves, randoms suck.

3 Likes

Go play Cata classic.

2 Likes

the great thing about Raid Finder is that it allows you to make new friends and then have more people to socialize with,

i would like to politely disagree with this statement for the reasons i stated above in this post.

thank you for your input, though :slight_smile:

Insert Pepe huffing copium meme
Sure lmao

4 Likes

I don’t want raid finder, I want a GUI for LFG.

1 Like

No ones makes friends in LFR

1 Like

i’ve made lots of friends in LFR… i remember i met a new friend in Dragonsoul LFR back in 2011 Catclysm and we still talk and do stuff together on WoW to this day.