Racist Player In my guild

I got racist treatment from others what should I do

right-click-report
also put them on ignore

6 Likes

To report a player in World of Warcraft:

1. Right-click the player’s name in chat.
  2. Click Report Player For:
  3. Select the most appropriate option.
  4. Click Accept.

5 Likes

You should also bring this up with your guild master.

11 Likes

While our policies on chat should be adhered to throughout the game we tend to be more hands-off when it comes to guild chat, since belonging to a guild is considered at will. That said, the more egregious chat violations are in no way protected. So if they are being particularly vulgar please be sure to use the right-click report option for language so our staff can take a look.

I would agree with Mairek, this may be something you want to bring up with your guild leader or guild officers. Depending on their stance, you may need to rethink of you want to be a member though, so keep that in mind.

16 Likes

This is a rather old thread, but reporting does work when done properly. However your feelings on reporting though, everyone must follow those same rules.

You would not have been given a penalty just for reporting and ignoring.

7 Likes

Few things here, Beyondbilly.

A) This is a 2 year old thread.

B) You’ve already appealed this and it was quite rightly upheld. You have another appeal open and I’m confident that will also be upheld.

C) There is NOTHING anyone else can do that will absolve you for your own conduct.

D) Lastly - there is never a time - in our games - where tossing around homophobic slurs will be tolerated. Not in say, not in shout, not in group and not in private tells when reported.

Also, this isn’t a ban - it’s a suspension. Repeated offenses could eventually produce a ban but not there yet, although the penalties do usually double with each subsequent offense.

21 Likes