Racial Ghost Wolf

So, I think there should be a Glyph that allows your Ghost Wolf to be more racially different.

Glyph of the Spirit or Glyph of the True Form or something like that.

If applied, instead of turning into a ghost wolf, you would get the following animal as your Ghost form:

Dwarf = Ghost Ram
Draenei = Ghost Talbuk
Pandaren = Ghost Tiger or Crane
Dark Iron Dwarf = Ghost Core Hound
Kul Tirans = ???
Orc = Ghost Wolf
Tauren = Ghost Bull
Troll = Ghost Raptor
Goblin = Ghost Rat
Highmountain Tauren = Ghost Moose
Mag’har Orc = Ghost Direwolf
Zandalari Troll = Ghost Raptor
Vulpera = Ghost Vulpine

17 Likes

We been asking for this for years, even to ask have feral spirits reflect that aswell :frowning:

One day I hope…one day.

Edit: Dwarf should get Ram (Bronzebeard) and Gryphon (Wildhammer) options!.

7 Likes

Don’t ask Bliz to make this game fun… their too busy working on the next broken covenant system.

PS. KulTirans - Ghost SeaLions.

2 Likes

Dibs on ghost squirrel.

2 Likes

I’ve been asking for racial ghost forms for years and my list is similar but slightly different:

Orc - Dire worg
Mag’har - Current wolf form.
Troll - Current raptor form; remove the glyph.
Zandalari - Ravasaur
Tauren - Tallstrider
HMT - Moose
Goblin - Hyena
Vulpera - Vulpin
Panda - Crane
Dwarf - Ram
DID - Darkhound
Draenei - Talbuk
Kul Tiran - Goat or crab. I kinda lean more towards a crab because the KT are supposed to be in tune with the ocean and all that.

4 Likes

My hope is that post-Shadowlands, Shaman can absorb some of the NF Soulshape forms… I would love some customization in this area.

1 Like

This would be so cool, but we are talking about Blizzard. The same people that made glyphs cosmetics 7 years ago and since they they have invented 0 new.

Infringes on druid fantasy and now we have Night Fae.

No it doesn’t. You can’t fight in Shaman or Night Fae forms.

1 Like

Definitely needs to happen, and has needed to happen for nearly a decade. I’d vouch for Tauren to get Tallstrider and for Kul Tirans to get a horse form, but otherwise I think your list is spot on.

Don’t see it happening any time soon, unfortunately. Shaman still have the same outdated ghost forms while Druids get fancy new forms and Night Fae is a thing.

How long has there been shaman and druids?

How many different forms do druids have?

How many different forms do shamans have?

They just gave every class ghost wolf by rolling Night Fae.

They took Gust of Wind because it infringed on blink yet displacer does not.
Then gave it to everyone with Night Fae.

But do go ahead and let’s discuss what should and what does happen in the world of warcraft.

Maybe when the next xpac rolls around, they’ll give sham all of the NF travel forms and call it a day.

That is, if this game doesn’t implode before then.

1 Like

What makes a Druid a Druid isn’t just changing your form. The botanist in Botanica and Suramar can do that but it doesn’t make them a Druid. Druids have a connection to the Emerald Dream and they rely on nature magic, not elemental.

But please go ahead make the case that all worgen are in fact Druids because “tHeY cAn cHaNgE tHeIr fOrM.”

3 Likes

Actually none of that matters.

Druids change to certain forms based on Wild Gods and their druidic teachings. They can become bears because of Ursoc. And Worgens got a curse from Goldrinn, who was a Wild God so wild that his power was uncontrollable for those who weilded it. Druids were prohibited to use this power but somehow the Gilneans got the curse, became feral human-wolves without being Druids, and that’s the reason that Gilnean Tabard was sold in Darnassus, because the Night Elves helped the Gilneans to control the Goldinn power/curse and not become feral. Darnassus was the Gilnean “home” the same way that Orgrimmar was the “home” for Goblins and Trolls, or Ironforge for Gnomes.

I’ts like saying that mages are Elemental Shamans because they use fire too.

Shamans dont actually change their physical form, they bend the spiritual element to travel as a spirit which appareance is the one of some animal. Shamans can transform to wolves because since Classic the almost total shaman lore was about Orcs and they had a thing with wolves. If I’m right, there was a Shaman unit in WC3 that actually became a wolf.

It’s totally on point to say that Shamans could become any animal while using the Ghost Wolf ability, since it actually has nothing to do with a wolf whatsoever. That part is of the Orc culture.

So basically introducing some glyphs to change the ability to some model that already exists with a ghost filter would be so easy and fun.

4 Likes

yes 10char

1 Like

All we asking for is for Shaman being able to turn into their spirit animal instead of just a wolf or a raptor as those only encompass orc and troll shamanism.

I just want a form smaller than my character model. Spirit Squirrel.

4 Likes

Exactly.

1 Like

That’s actually what I was saying XD

1 Like

If Tauren can’t be Kodo then I don’t approve.

1 Like

But I like being a spirit raptor. It has a fun dance, watching myself eat is amusing, and I get carried on Kyrian’s shoulders in Spires. Talbuk would definitely be less fun.