Race/class restrictions are purely cultural. Physically, there is nothing stopping more combos

Void elves- could get a dark naaru paladin class skin. And also high elf identiy tag if they want the holy version (basically identify as a high elf = light, void elf = dark shadow magic based paladin).

Forsaken can use the light as paladins, scarlet crusade undead can be paladins, as can some horseman. Also the 9.2 death gods basically look like they were created with light magic. So death beings can probably use light magic if they wanted.

Shamans also just need a connection with the elements. It can be contractual, synergistic or forced. Like Taunka force connections, dark shamans also do it more evily.

2 Likes

If someone can go in stealth, the rest of the rogue’s abilties shouldn’t be an issue, unless they’re lightforged.

You coulda just edited ur comment.

Accidentally posted it twice, my bad.

Class restrictions are pretty dumb at this point.

Plus it would Add a lot of diversity and story telling if done right. Void paladins, rejected warlock night elfs and draeni. The issue isn’t breaking the lore at all.

Plus discipline priests use void and light so the whole they don’t mix is kinda void at this point. Pun intended

But most importantly I was troll demon hunters. The class is so much fun and trolls are the best race to handle any fel strain due to being strong as hell and their regenerating capabilities.

ALSO in the lore zandalari demoniacs where warlocks who used melee and trapped the soul of a demon inside themselves to empower their abilities. Sounds more like a demon hunter then a warlock to me.

Cmon blizz they already have the animations down since they use the night elf rig. (I have tested this using that mirror toy on my dh on a troll and I had all the night elf animations when attacking)

Restrictions actively stop the PC from being creative. Open up more classes to the races.

4 Likes

Let’s not since 1. The WoW anti paladin is ready established to be death knights. And 2. There is no such thing as a void paladin. If you want a void melee, ask for a new class.

There is no sane or under control forsaken paladins, and forsaken as a faction is largely shadow priests anyways.

There is also an actual antipaladin with fel. Tyrant Velhari

Who cares about sanity. Heck warlocks would be insane with there whole being getting on fire. Burning flesh and all that. If humans can be warlocks forsaken can be paladins. And warlocks often use magics that hurt them as well.

Exactly. You answered it right there. This is what keeps the game with a unique flavor and adds to the RPG element and storyline.

I’m tired of people wanting to homogenize this game and make races into just a skin. They’re different, they’re unique, stop trying to ruin that.

4 Likes

Yes! Dwarf Druid

1 Like

There’s so many NPCs that are breaking the ‘allowed’ class/race combinations I really don’t see a reason players can’t do it.

“Because the playable version of that race is from x area” is a poor excuse. Just write that class as coming from somewhere else.

I want to decide whether to play a Dwarf Druid or a Vulpera Druid!

1 Like

Or they could be a bit more creative and not tie the class/race combo as some cultural thing and is instead taboo or just uncommon. Throw that mofo in the middle of Gadgetzan as their orgin of roguehood or the Dalaran sewers. World scales anyways now, how bout Blizzard utilize that world.

1 Like

Me me me culture is ruining the lore.

2 Likes

Warlocks uses their power for the same reason that demon hunters does as a player charecter, fighting fire with fire.

Only reference to paladins in that fight is the npc’s she summons.

Otherwise, she does not.

Muting thread as it is yet another void elf paladin thread disguised as a class restriction thread.

1 Like

To undead light is fire!

No need for that with me. I completely agree with you.

Show me a person who wants restrictions and I’ll show you a person without imagination.

Restrictions are good for the ever shrinking RPG part of the game.

I don’t want to single anyone out, but there are a bunch of them in this thread.

Also, I hate to bring FFXIV into a thread about WoW races and classes, but FFXIV lets any race be any job (and all of them, if you so desire). There were a lot of things I didn’t like about FFXIV (and it’s the reason I still play WoW and not FFXIV after my 30 day trial period there), but I do like the fact that you aren’t hard-locked into certain classes by simply choosing a race.

Most of the naysayers in this thread point to a destruction of the RPG element of the game if all classes are opened up to all races, but FFXIV seems to possess lots of RPG elements from what I’ve seen.

It isn’t a Void Elf Paladin thread. I don’t like Void Elves that much, and I definitely don’t want to main a Paladin.