Race-Themed Spell Aesthetic Customisations

As the title states - I feel it’d be great for both the roleplaying players (After all, WoW is an RPG) and those who simply enjoy the aesthetics of their race, if we had Race-Themed Spell Aesthetic Customisations.

So, what I mean by that is having spell casters have the nature of theme of their races aesthetic accessible for their class. For instance:

• Lightforged Draenei: Having light-themed spell casting & animations for their spells, regardless what class they play (Perhaps even Lightforged Demons for the warlocks)

Perhaps have an option where they can opt it simply for one singular spell-type (eg. Swap out ‘Holy spells’ only for void aesthetic), or all of them.

Other customisation examples could be:

• Void Elves & Mag’har Orcs: Having void-themed spell casting & animations for their spells (Having them tap out Holy spells for Void would help match their aesthetic better, alongside with LFD doing the opposite).
  • Night Elves: Having a new white sparkling spell animation that makes a shoutout to being followers of Elune (Somewhat alike the druids ‘Tranquility’ spell colours, or that of which you see in Cathedral of Eternal Night).
  • Gnomes, Mechagnome & Goblins: Electricity spell casting & animations for spells (Shoutout to their tech-based aesthetics)
  • Kul’Tirans: Watery spell casting & animations (Like we saw with their tide-sages).
  • Forsaken: Shadowy-Maldraxxus spell casting & animations.
  • Dark Iron Dwarves: Fire spell casting & animations.
  • Nightborne: Arcane spell casting & animations.

and so on …
I feel it’d be a great way to spice up the race-identities within the game. :slight_smile:

Heck, perhaps they could introduce a ‘Paragon’ system to the original & new city / race faction reputations — Where you have a chance to earn a quest item to learn the reputation-races spell visuals as per above for your class, regardless of your own race. It’d be a great way to make those reputations a bit more relevant again & bring some more flavour to the game. :grin:

What race-spell aesthetics would YOU like to see for your class-race combo that’d fit well with their lore? :thinking:

10 Likes

I like this idea, nicely done.

3 Likes

I want a short questline where moira claims the remains of the shadowflame for the dark iron dwarves, then unlocks shadowflame spell effects for dark irons.

2 Likes

Yeah been waiting for this??? Like it’s been a decade must I wait 10 more years?!

1 Like

All this purple arcane does clash with my gold/black/ivory Lightforged asthetic.

And why do Warlocks get all the neat things? Green fire, custom barber shop pets. The best mages can hope for is a portal to dalaran crater and polymorph pig?

Half our glyphs are for a water elemental that we don’t even have anymore.

2 Likes

Ideally Nightborne would get a totally new model, but this would still help!

Aesthetic choices for spells? Yes, absolutely.

Based on race? No, terrible idea.

— Again, would be based on race for the initial rollout: With ALL of them ultimately being earnable & available via reputations with Paragon rewards :grin:

The bonus fact you can earn the racial / city reputations with tabards would also mean people can run dungeons to flex out the rep-gains & hopefully increase player activity with dungeon content :blush:

I dig this as a RP’er.

1 Like

Wish hero talents was like this, just visuals. Its weird that NPC has more choices than players :frowning:

For the reputation paragon earns though, it begs the question how to get the opposing faction races spell-aesthetics :thinking:

I’d say give the opposing races a chance to get the other race item (So, really there’s two earnables on each faction) Such as:

• Humans ↔ Orcs
  • Night Elves ↔ Undead
  • Gnomes ↔ Goblin
  • Dwarves ↔ Tauren
  • Draenei ↔ Blood Elves
  • Worgen ↔ Trolls
  • Kul’Tiran ↔ Zandalari

etc.

— But yeah, people striving to earn reputation with Orgrimmar, Stormwind, Exodar or Silvermoon etc to get ‘Paragon’ rewards would be - FANTASTIC! :partying_face:

:diamonds: Add a bonus on the race / city reputation tabards we already have where aside from getting rep of your level of raids & dungeons, you also earn rep from completing world quests — So it’ll inspire people to do world content as well. :slight_smile: