Ra-den's fate (spoilers 8.3)

8 Likes

You know when he first showed up in the raid dungeon I fingered he was captured but the fact he sacrificed himself to save the Chamber of Heart makes it more sad and tragic than I imaged.

15 Likes

You must honor him by having the Fist of Ra-den as your permanent mog.

4 Likes

He looks like a character from a PS2 game lmao.

2 Likes

….who was that guy?

1 Like

Basically the Odyn of Pandaria.

Oh come on…since when does destroying a portal cause you to disintegrate like that!

I think it teleported him. Since he is a raid boss

4 Likes

WoW is just blatantly an anime now.

7 Likes

Yep.

As he bravely fought to save the Chamber of Heart, Ra-den was pulled into Ny’alotha where he has fallen victim to N’Zoth’s whispers. The despair he harbored for so long has overwhelmed the last of his hope, rendering his corruption complete. Now the former Highkeeper will stop at nothing to do the Old God’s bidding.

That cutscene is so disgustingly ‘‘meh’’.

MOTHER and the Maiden that is there return to their ‘‘NPC stances’’ and it all seems so convoluted, like, it’s such a weird way to do in-game cinematics.

He’s a Keeper, specifically in charge of the mogu and designed to protect the Vale and Nalak’sha. But like all Keepers, he sucks ajd is weak. But even more so. He’s just a clinically depressed Odyn. Both are broken machines we need to rid ourselves of. Without Titans around to literally control them, Keepers fall into disrepair and even dangerous states. Helya, Loken, Ra, Odyn, all either corrupted or just broken. Mimiron is too smart to be reliable and Freya well she’s ok until she hears one whisper then it’s off to villain land. Why exactly are these things so susceptible to the thing they were literally created to fight against?

Mimiron saved best boy Hati, he can stay.

Thorim is pretty okay too. If each Keeper was made based on the individual Titan’s own intellect then why isn’t Eonar or who’s it Khaz’goroth calling the shots? Aman’thul’s ideas and plans have all been a literal cosmic disaster.

Honestly, this is an embarrasingly crude-looking cutscene. I realize that the engine is old, but usually they can squeeze more out of it than this.

1 Like

I’m guessing most of BFA’s budget went into rendering Genn’s fur and Anduin’s hair.

Jokes aside, I really hate it when they do cutscenes like this. Why can’t we get cutscenes like the one with Malfurion when he was killing those red shirts in Darkshore?

1 Like

I’m assuming because rendered in game cinematics like the Darkshore one take much larger teams and time, where as ones like this are far easier to make.

It’s also the difference between an artistic vision and just conveying simple information.

2 Likes

Ra-Den was one of the titan keepers, on par with guys like Odyn and Helya. During the war of between the titans and black empire he worked with Helya to create the elemental realms, Helya using her magic to crate them, Ra-Den sealing the Elementals inside of them. He later left the rest of the tkitans to work with the Mogu in creating the world in the titans image,on;y to eventually be betrayed and captured by Lei Shen, who stole a large chunk of his power. Ra-Den proceeded to become a Secret boss in the Throne of Thunder, available only on the highest difficulties in a secret room that unlocks after you beat Lei Shen. I honestly wish blizzard would do more secret bosses like that.

Follow up question: Was a cutscene even needed here?

There’s a model of him fully enthralled by N’zoth. The poor keeper meets his demise at our hands, making that sad piece from Pandaria’s lore no more. At least he died doing what he was meant to. RIP :coffin:

1 Like