Quite disappointed

Yes, this is a crying post. :cry:

This is my first Hallow’s End (have unsubbed twice now in anger right before it) and I wanted to try for the Headless Horseman Mount. My hunter’s primary mount is the Fiery Warhorse and having one that could also fly (even if it doesn’t have wings which is totally should) would be so convenient .

But it required a level 50 character. The only level 50 character I have was an accident and it is not a character I would feel confident taking into group content for the first time in eight years.

Last year it was level 45. Does anyone know why they changed it?

(On the up side, I am loving Hallow’s End. I am now the proud owner of a Feline Familiar :cat2:!)

5 Likes

Still early days just try and run it each day to improve your chances.
/Oh level 50 now?

No idea but one more level for you =)

I can’t run it for the mount. I am not level 50. That is my problem.

They keep raising the minimum to get the epic box so people will have to level up alts to the previous expansion max rather than use low levels. I would say, go ahead and use that 50, even if you’re not all that confident. Hint: everybody else is using every alt too.

3 Likes

The headless horseman “dungeon” is designed to be super easy, regardless of gear level. You should be fine

8 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

this forum never ceases to amaze me with how…odd some of you are.

you ‘accidentally’ leveled up a character in a RPG? And you think headless horseman is at all content that requires you to be any good?

Who are you people??

8 Likes

cause 50 is the new 45… high enough level to start content in the current expansion.

There are more rpg elements at low level than at endgame :stuck_out_tongue:

Leg enchants, shoulder enchants, meta head gems, weapon enchants, 2-3 socket per item, engi cogwheels, profession trinkets, blacksmith belt buckles, weapon chains and shield spikes, old world consumables for level 49 and below, raid trinkets from legion and before being usable

SL: hate yourself for half a patch to get a socket. Well done you’ve earned it

Its perfectly reasonable to want to play and quest and level professions in non endgame

6 Likes

Just use the toon that you have. The scenario is ridiculously easy. I queue as tank but remain specced to dps since I can tank in DPS spec the boss without issues, it’s that easy.

3 Likes

Yeah your gear doesn’t really matter and it’s so easy that it doesn’t matter if you don’t know what you’re doing. Just take your one character that’s at 50+ and it’ll be fine. And I know RNG gonna RNG but your chances with just one character is pretty low. I’ve been after it on anywhere from 5 to 10 characters a day every day of the event since the mount was added in 2007 and seen countless others get it (two yesterday alone) and have yet to acquire it. It’s like my unicorn. I keep telling myself that this will be the year, but I honestly wonder if I’ll ever get it.
-Edit- NVM, I finally got it today after 14 years :sob:

2 Likes

Unless your level 50 character is wearing level 10 greens, you’ll be fine. And even then it goes so fast almost no one would notice.

:cookie:

6 Likes

They like to punish players! It is called punching down!

1 Like

Every year the holiday queues are set to the max level from the last expansion, it’s how it’s been forever. You could just spend a few hours levelling, it really doesn’t take long to get to 50.

What will be WoW’s downfall is players, and devs convincing the community endgame is the game.

1 Like

And with lvl 10 greens, I’d bet OP would still be, well, OP! :grin:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about that. The Headless Horseman is a push over. It’s a very easy boss fight.

2 Likes

Just queue up with whatever character is eligible to queue - whether you feel like you’re ‘good’ at it or not. Trust me, the other people in there don’t care about your dps at all 99 times out of 100. It’s not challenging, and chances are one of the other four people can easily solo it anyway.

2 Likes

Given that the Horseman fight is exceptionally easy I’m sure you’d be just fine running it with your level 50 character.

1 Like

i achieved my goal this yr i aint logging in for the mount. headless horseman scares me unlike corpsegrinder imagine that!!