Quite disappointed

I took a level 17 in for funsies, you’ll be ok.

1 Like

Yall still trying to get the HHM Mount?

I got it like… 11 years ago… wow…

11 YEARS AGO.

I feel old now…

You know what would be fun? A min level party of naked Gnomeys beating up HH…with their fists and no spells!

3 Likes

I don’t know about you guys, but over the years I’ve been in groups where the healer got kicked “for zero healing”, tanks who don’t know how to taunt, people blaming each other after a wipe, etc., so…

If the group has at least one decently geared max level player, things will be fine.
But if rng is not on your side and the group was full of undergeared noobs?
oof

1 Like

Wow… I don’t think I’ve ever seen a full wipe in there. That’s… oof

Ironic, that THIS is the dungeon people lose their heads over XD…

Well, I can see you certainly think…LITTLE of him…

2 Likes

I never found The Horseman to be violent, maybe just in pain? His reference to “now feel the burn!” always struck me as a plea for help regarding his lil horseman

2 Likes

That happens when the adds live too long in phase 3 because of low dps and people still don’t swap fast enough to the Head and the “healer” who queued for a fast queue with zero intention to heal isn’t healing anybody at all and the tank dies.

That sounds like fun, crazy as it is.

But, then, I used to engage in utter foolishness just for funsies. Like the time a party of us hordies went on a run, with no gear, all the way from Undercity to Dun Morogh, before server shut down, just to “say hello to the dwarves”. We survived the way there, but the guards pwnd us when we got close to Ironforge (was back in… Wrath? BC? idk). :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: The server shut down for maintenance right when we were hearthing out.

There used to be a video of a bunch of mostly low level gnomies who ran all the way to UC, in order to “give Sylvanas a hug”. They actually got in to UC all the way to where she was, although there was a lot of gnome bones. … Can’t seem to find the video now. :frowning:

Good, weird, old fashioned WoW foolish fun.

3 Likes

‘Just’ lvl 50 with bad gear will be fine. As long as it’s not a tank or healer. Having AOE attacks will help greatly.

But just 1 toon… ouch. HHM requires multiple toons and multiple years…

Is it you have to be level 50 to get the mount?
I took a level 47 in earlier with no issue, so maybe I’m not understanding.
Regardless I finally got the mount 3-4 years ago, still use it pretty regular on most alts too.

There’s 3 different types of Loot-Filled Pumpkins and only the purple epic one has a chance to drop the Headless Horseman mount.

This year you must be over level 50 to get the purple pumpkin.

2 Likes

Ok, as I was typing that I figured that is what it was, thank you!!

1 Like

I think it would be a lot of pun :grin:

2 Likes

This is not true. It has not been this way “forever”. It wasn’t that long ago that even low level alts had a chance at that mount.

And as long as the group has a variety of players in it that alt will do fine. However, it does happen that there are wipes when everybody is on a sucky alt that barely plays.

Maybe not ‘forever’, but it has been that way since at least Warlords for all events.

You read the warlords comments talking about the change about the level requirements at https://www.wowhead.com/item=117392/loot-filled-pumpkin#comments

So for at least 6 years now, events have been required the minimum level of the current expansion to get the ‘special’ loot like mounts for ones like Halloween.

To the OP though, the others are correct in that if you go on the level 50 you should be perfectly fine, the other four can easily handle the encounter and won’t notice one way or another.

I’m freezing my EXP at 49 so I can do all the timewalking campaigns. I have no interest in end game WoW anymore.

Thank you for all the replies.

After reading them, I read up on the fight and the whole thing sounded fairly straight forward, so I am going to give it a try.

You say that like it is a bad thing.

I accidentally leveled the character from 49 to 50. Was playing thru a really good questline and failed to remember to turn off the xp in time. Still peeved at myself.

As I said in my first post, I don’t do group content and have never done Hallow’s End before, so how the heck would I know what it requires?

I am the one real person on this board. The rest of you are imaginary friends.

(With lots of great info I always wonder how you got since you are imaginary.)

And proud of it!!!

2 Likes

Finally tried it.

Question: How do I find the head? I could not see it and targeting didn’t seem to latch onto it.