Quilboar, where are they?

Shouldnt the Horde have receuited the Quilboard by now? Shamanistic, Kalimdor dwelling, dont need much in the way or architecture.

That would have been a cool allied race. And with the coming nature issues that are being set up with Eonar, the Thornmother might have been the Hordes Elune.

Seems like a miss.

3 Likes

The Orcs and Quilboar pretty much hated each other, similar to Tauren and Centaur.

Razor Hill is pretty much surrounded lol.

It’d be like Humans and Gnolls/Kobolds working together. They’ve been enemies more than allies.

5 Likes

Quilboar, where are they?

Wanna know where they are? They are just chilling and quilling.

7 Likes

There wasnt a breakaway faction that saw Thralls vision?

If there was, I dunno.

I do recall doing quests for the Spirit of Aggamagan in RFK, and he does say his children are misguided.

Have you ever considered that maybe the quillboar don’t want to peacefully join forces with the colonizers who occupied their lands?

5 Likes

Pretty sure as horde we murdered most of them

I think they already one on An’she

On point though. They, like Gnolls are the fill in race when they need a bad guy but not a BAD guy ya know so they are just hanging out till its time

I opened up a bacon factory. The fat humans needs a lot of it it seems

Canonically speaking,

The quillboar never seem to manage to elevated individuals to leadership that are interested in more than expanding territory through violence or making deals with the scourge for power.

The have a very war driven culture and those traditions haven’t seen much evolution in the last few hundred years.

From the IRL perspective, they’ve been a convenient bad guy as you can reasonably place them almost anywhere in Azeroth due to their origin story. This also makes it trickier and less appealing to bring them into the fold. Developing them further isn’t particularly enticing either as they share that sort of tribal angle that’s shared by the tauren and the trolls, sort of a been there done that situation.

Those are my thoughts on it at least.

3 Likes

They’d have to be “fixed” since they wouldn’t fit in with the current times. Those guys fart and belch as part of their language so that might offend these days.

I vote that the colonizers force them to join whether they like it or not.

1 Like

Hey, we alliance helped too!

Quillboar are busy ruining Hearthstone Battlegrounds right now.

1 Like

Whats going on over there

AND be a playable race.
I want gnoll and quilboar characters…and tuskarr…and grummle, lol

They are in hearthstone

Could have been Vulpera in Voldun. Could have put the Quilboar there. Could have become an actual Horde race.

But no, we needed foxes. I guess.

1 Like

Quillboar are a tribe that uses a mechanic known as blood gems to buff their board. A blood gem is a spell that gives a minion +1/+1 and your minions generate them. They also have minions that can buff blood gems to give additional health or attack.

Right now it is pretty easy to get blood gems to crazy levels like +20/+20 as a lowball example and have 8 or so played on all your minions. Leading to late game boards that commonly go into the thousands. No other tribe can come even close to this level of stats.

There’s even multiple sets up you can do this with so you don’t really need to worry about being locked out due to other people buying the minions.

It’s lead to Singles battlegrounds being dominated by whoever high rolled the best Quillboar set up and Duos basically requiring one of you to go late game quillboar to win.

Now, technically placing 1st-4th counts as a win in battlegrounds so it isn’t the end of the world in singles. You can still win with other tribes. Just don’t expect to get first if Quillboar are in the pool and you don’t try to highroll them.

Mankrik murdered them all.

And why would we ally with them?