Quick solution to blue eye thing

Ahhhhhh
I get it now. It’s like Ion giving belves the chance to become ‘high elf’ look? That Alliance players wanted so much?

Alright then
Give skin color cosmetic option to Void elves. They already have blue eyes so.
Why not

edit) erase a mistaken comment

22 Likes

I don’t think it needs to be so combative by regarding it as a “solution”. There’s no problem that needs to be solved. But as just a cosmetic option, I’d be all for it. Although as I’m keen to say whenever I can, I wish they’d also go more in the opposite direction and give void elves some even more void corrupted options. The point of reference I always come back to is Zuraal in the seat of the triumvirate dungeon. Some fully void corrupted, glowing skin and twisted faces.

1 Like

It can be a problem about belf population and faction imbalance.
And you don’t have to take it that far, I think it kinda reveals how ignorant Blizzard is about people’s requests. Well, Alliance side.
It was MEGA thread, you know.
Blizz maybe still think like ‘It’s NOT a high elf! It’s blood elf with blue eyes! Why does people react like this?!’

Well Blizzard maybe right. It’s just cosmetic option. Just uh… bad move.

4 Likes

They said that Allied Race options are coming later on. Only the base races are getting more options right now for 9.0 launch.

Also yes this would be a solution that doesn’t break lore at all.

Void Elves and Blood Elves are both “factions” or cultures of High Elves. Void Elves are still High Elves.

Alleria can control her Void stuffs. So can the player.

8 Likes

I think its more about the ignorance of the Alliance request.

You keep getting told “no”.

You keep getting told you aren’t getting a Horde race copied and pasted to your said.

You keep getting told you have your compromise.

You keep getting told the lore reasons why their eyes would change.

None of this matters.

Its a fine move that only a handful of vocal people care about that would have no actual effect on the faction imbalance where it matters.

Put high elves on the Alliance and you wont suddenly have world first mythic raiders, high end m+ and PVP players.

You already got your compromise.

Sorry. Its over.

But by all means keep asking like this is a personal slight against the Alliance that they won’t copy/paste a Horde side to the Alliance. That because the Alliance is unable to compromise, it means there is a slight against them.

21 Likes

Yes I know. Well I never asked helves either.
I just wanted to point out that this move is no more than the slap in the face.
And the fact that Blizzard didn’t know about it or just decided to ignore it.
That’s why people are mad.

And the fact that Blizz said “no” doesn’t mean that players have to accept the answer right away “oh yes I see.”
Think about account-wide essense.
You can’t blame Alliance players who wanted it so badly.

It doesn’t matter that the Alliance wanted them, The High Elves were already playable, on the Horde.

They Changed their names to the Blood Elves in Warcraft 3, but they’re the same group of people.

Not even a few generations removed or anything, Elves live a long time, They are literally the SAME PEOPLE that called themselves High Elves.

Why Not?
They’re on the Alliance.
Blizzard doesn’t cater to you.
Why do you think all the Devs play horde?

1 Like

Oh nice backup. It makes sense.
I just don’t want to see the forums goes nuts over cosmetic options. :confused:

1 Like

Just because someone wants something badly, when they get told “no” its not a slap to the face.

4 Likes

they already have the “high elf look”, don’t know what world of warcraft you have being playing in this past 13 years.

thats not an even, do you even that what “get even” mean? i don’t think you do.

I learned that belves came from nelves? And their skin color and shape had changed because of the effect from Sunwell. They ARE high elves? So they were Nelves, became Helves and then Belves?

Alleria is not the same as a Velf. She absorbed the Void from a Dark Naaru willingly. Velfs were captured, twisted and nearly turned into Void creatures, which changed their very being.

You wanted a teddy bear
And your parents said no
That’s just rejection.

But you watch your parents giving your sister the teddy bear that you wanted so badly?
That’s slap in the face.

Quick, SUPER SHORTHAND rundown.

Originally there were Trolls

Trolls like kicking out the weak

A runty tribe of trolls called the dark trolls were evicted.

They found the well of eternity.

Skip forward a few thousands years you’ve got elves.

Some Elves like magic, and are naturally gifted. They’re the Highborne

Some Elves don’t like magic and aren’t naturally gifted. They become slaves, Lowborn

Eventually the Lowborn revolt and leave to do their Own thing.

The Highborne accidently summon the demons through the Well of eternity.

The Lowborne rise up to stop the demons.

The Lowborne stay at the well afterwards and protect it, as their ancestral homeland. They become the Night Elves.

The Highborne All leave to different places. Some go to Surumar, Some get sunk under the ocean (including the queen)

And some find the sunwell on the Ilse of Quel’danas. They make a Dynasty. and they dont mess with most people

Eventually Arthas destroys their home

They Change their names to honor everyone that died. To “Children of Blood” in their own words. Sin’dorei.

They are, once again. Still High Elves. Because they are Magically gifted elves that come from the Highborne bloodline

3 Likes

You wanted a teddy bear.

Not just any teddy bear though.

You wanted someone else’s teddy bear.

You were told “no”. That it was some one else’s teddy bear.

You declared this being a slap to the face.

12 Likes

11 Likes

correction, you are crying over your sister teddy bear, because you like more than the teddybear you have it, despite your parents saying no, that is your sister teddybear

that is not a slap in the face, sorry

4 Likes

Hmmm…

No.

Enjoy the change :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the amount of people who would switch from Horde to Alliance for fancy new eyes is somewhere under 1%.

No one cares but an extremely loud, and childish minority. Personally, I wish all of these offenders of this sort would just be silenced so we don’t have to listen to their drivel. But that’s why I’m not running a company, nor why I’m not in charge.

You guys aren’t being ignored, either.
You got a firm answer and just refuse to accept it.
Ion, or any devs for that matter, have absolutely zero reason to even address it ever again, as the conclusion has already happened to the debate.

2 Likes

Thank you for the short history, I think I read it somewhere too. But quick question.
So the “high elf”. Where does this fit in?
You mean high elf = highborne?