Queuing for The Crown Chemicle Company bugged for only one of my characters

Have 12 characters across 3 realms. All above level 100. Only 1 of my characters is sitting in an endless que wait, while the other 11 characters is within 5-10 minute wait.

Please advise.

You can give this a shot, but I don’t see this being very helpful. Queues are entirely dependent on other people in the queue, and also the party role that your character would take up.

Tanks and heals are virtually instant, DPS can take forever.

Otherwise, you’re going to want to make a post in Bug Reports on that character with as much information as possible so that QA can try to replicate the issue and see if it needs to be sent up to the devs. Customer Support is not a feedback/suggestion repository for the game.

Is it a mage?

Asked in trade chat and lots of mages chimed in about horrible queue times. Sometimes up to 40 minutes. Only for my mages. Weeeee

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/crown-chemical-co-dungeon-finder/100522/12

1 Like

Weirdly enough it was on my mage. Although it doesn’t seem consistent.

The current state is that seemingly any spec of Mage, and DPS spec DHs, get shafted by whatever rules the queue is using. It is possible that this has been happening the whole time for all queuing but nobody has noticed till now when people have started chain running the event all day.

DHs can always try switching specs to tank but Mages really don’t have much choice but to sit there for 40 minutes.

What makes the bug really hard to understand is that it does still eventually pop for Mages, so it’s not as simple as the queue forgetting about them altogether. I don’t even know how I would program something to continually push one class down the list but still eventually include them. It must be a weird bug.

1 Like

Queued up and average wait time was estimated around 7 minutes. Somewhere around 10 minutes of actual waiting that jumped to 25. Now I’ve been in queue 37 minutes with average wait time now at 44 minutes. Second time this has happened on this character.

1 Like

Yep, my mage has awful queue times as well. Noticeably worse than all my other classes.

Same problem again today. Here’s what it looked like:
time in queue 0 min - ave wait = 2 min
tiq 2 min - ave wait 4 min
tiq 10 min - ave wait 18 min
tiq 15 - ave wait 24 min
tiq 23 - ave wait 4 min
tiq 30 - ave wait 7 min

Left queue and requeued.

tiq 0 min - ave wait 7 min
tiq 10 min - ave wait 8 min
tiq 15 min - ave wait 5 min
tiq 20 min - ave wait 6 min (saw it go down to 1 min in this 5 min period)

Left queue, logged out. Logged back in and requeued. Ave wait time is now 22 min… I probably don’t need to mention how frustrating this is to wait and wait and wait.

I have done this dungeon daily on two other mages without experiencing this same issue. One is a level 120 human, the other is level 111 pandaren.

Something else I noticed, which may or may not be related, is that I don’t think multiple players of the same class are ever in these instances at the same time. In the 100+ runs I’ve done on multiple classes I don’t think there have ever been two mages, two rogues, etc. That makes me wonder if there’s some sort of mechanism prioritizing players based on their class and that’s screwing up when it comes to certain characters or classes.

1 Like

I almost always have trouble on my mage, priest, and demon hunter. The queues take an inordinate amount of time.

The most frustrating thing about this on my mage is when it finally does pop, if someone declines the queue and we get the usual “Someone has declined the invite, you have been returned to the front of the queue”, in fact an entire new 20-40 minutes starts over, as if I have been returned to the back of it.

There is clearly something wrong.

2 Likes

Came here to see if anyone else was reporting this. Glad to see I am not alone, but sad to see it confirmed. I am currently running 26 characters per day in this queue and all my pure DPS characters usually see 2-5 min estimated time in queue and get right in. I realized today that this mage, however, sits for much longer than that - often enough that it occurred to me that it was consistently this character. This was after running 4 DPS characters back to back and getting groups in under 5 mins each. So when I checked the wait timer and saw “Average wait time: 47 min”, my jaw dropped.
I logged out and went to my next DPS character in line and got a group in about 4 mins, including resetting because someone declined. I got back on this character and got an 8 min wait time, which has gone up to 11 while I’ve been writing this and I’m still not in.
I hope Blizzard will at least look into this…

2 Likes

Also still noticing that for pure DPS classes, if the queue pops and someone declines, you end up waiting a very long time for the next group to form, despite it saying you’re put back to the “front of the queue”. Almost seems like the exact opposite… that you’re put to the back of the queue.

This is currently happening on my warlock. Queue popped at 8 minutes, someone declined, now I’m at 16 minutes total wait time.

I’m not personally seeing it on my DPS DH, Warlock or Shadow Priest, just my mages. I run two accounts at a time, but queue each account individually so that I haven’t got one character I’m piloting, the other one sitting there useless.

I was sitting in queue in one window on my NE Mage, Alliance Moon Guard, for 15 minutes. I logged in on my NE DPS DH, also Alliance Moon Guard, queued, got into an instance in three minutes, finished…my Mage is still in queue, now at 23 minutes.

Update: The NE Alliance frost mage got in today at 25 minutes. My BE Horde Arcane mage was in queue just before this for 30 minutes. Each is on a separate account.