Crown Chemical Co. Dungeon Finder

My mages on two accounts (120 and about 113) are both getting absurdly long queue times, about 20-30 minutes each. My demon hunters are fine as I go in as tank spec. No other toon horde/alliance has this issue (have one of each class). My baby 51 hunter gets in within minutes…

Both mages are alliance if it matters.

Edit: Forgot I have a horde mage. Will see how that goes in 40 minutes after this alliance mage finishes…

12min for alliance 120 mage
6 minutes for horde 111 mage
3 minutes for alliance 111 rogue

I can live with this. No more 40 min queue though please

1 Like

My experience has been interesting - one way to put it anyway. On another pally I queued as a healer, and it said 8 min. I figured it just died out for a few. When the queue popped, I suddenly get logged into a random heroic. I was pretty sure I selected the love boss, but maybe I didn’t. I left, getting the debuff.

I did a few other toons, all heals, and they had the expected >1 min wait, and all got into the love boss. I switched back to that same pally, queued again, making sure I selected the chemical boss. Same thing - 8 min queue, when it popped it brought me into a random heroic.

Now, on my DH, I queue for the chemical boss, and it says 40 min wait. I select/de-select several times, but the same thing keeps happening. I’m not about to wait 40 min, but i wonder if that too would be a random dungeon rather than chemical boss.

Similar issue here. On my warlock, queue popped in around 7 minutes, which was fine. Someone didn’t accept, so I got “returned to the front of the queue”. Mm hm. 7 minutes later I’m still waiting. Can’t imagine that no groups have formed in that time. Seems like the queue code needs some fixing.

I’m seeing this too. I’m farming the mount on 11 different dps characters this year. The 2 demon hunters and 1 mage end up with queue times that are much, much longer than the “Average wait time”. Like today for example, the mage typically saw “Average wait time” between 1 and 5 minutes and it actually took 36 minutes. The other dps characters mostly get in with times that match the average.

If the queue code is preventing parties with duplicate dps classes, then the “Average wait time” should reflect that for your class, not all dps.

I know they won’t want to bother maintaining multiple versions of the queue code, but assuming they do do some kind of class balancing for real group content, that is massively unnecessary for holiday bosses and it would be better if all DPS was treated the same for those.

1 Like

Just spend 33 minutes in the queue on a dps character. When requeuing the LFG icon predicted 4 minute wait. Then a few minutes the average wait time jumped to 35 minutes. All my other dps characters only spent an average of 5 minutes before this same character queued.

I kept seeing 3-4 minutes average time as dps but the actual wait in queue seems to be about 40-45 minutes on my dps.

Blizzard has been very bad at estimating queue timer. I remember a time when the estimate was just a few minutes but it was well over an hour to get in.

I actually think it’s safe to remove the role requirements for the holiday dungeons. I have DPS classes that are level 120 and still in level 100 - 110 gear and I queue as a tank with no tank spec and terrible gear and never once have I or a group come close to dying at times the healers where also low level around the mid 40’s. Right now I’m in queue on my mage for 25+ mins with an average wait time of 3 mins. There is no way that a holiday boss with one of the most sought after mounts in the game has this high of queue times and what’s more alarming that this happens to certain classes year over year with no acknowledgment of an issue.

After 34 minutes in the queue the average wait time was still shown as 13 minutes.
At 44 minutes in the queue the average wait time was predicted to be 28 minutes. Third time this has happened on this character.

I am having an extremely hard time getting in with my mage (115) and priest (112) respectively. The queues are upwards of 20 minutes and currently with my priest, I am sitting on 50 minutes. The rest of my characters get in in less than 5 minutes. It is highly frustrating; I do not have that kind of time to be wasting.

1 Like

I’m having this issue on my Horde Demon Hunter. My Alliance including my Alliance DH have no issue.

I have this issue on my Alliance Demon Hunter as well, though the queue time is not as extensive as on my mage or priest.

It’s always my demon hunter too. So weird.

Funny thing is I’m having the exact same problem on my Mage in 2020.

1 Like

EXACT SAME PROBLEM ON MAGE RIGHT NOW

the average queue time at start was 2m and now it’s going between 2 and 30 minutes

have been in queue for 1.5 hours now

what is going on?

EDIT: I was able to queue with another char right away, but this mage char won’t work, it’s endless queue

… Yep. Having this issue on a level 111 Void Elf mage.

Mount is hard enough to get without having a car in my alt train taken off the line =(

Edit; Since someone mentioned sitting out the queue and ending up in a random dungeon, I queued her up for a random dungeon. I let her sit in that queue for 2 min or so, cancelled, and queued for Chem Bros - my thought was that it would “reset” whatever data it had for her queue. Less than 5 min, and she was in ready to try for the rocket. Coincidence? Fix? Couldn’t tell ya.

Edit; Coincidence. 120 Worgen warlock isn’t having that luck.

About sums up the company anymore. Been tempted to call an exterminator on this game, I’m hard pressed to remember a recent time of so many bugs.

More editing: A fact I glossed over (dismissing it as an unimportant detail) was that I also stayed in the Crown Bro queue, but logged out and let the queue pause timer run out. After logging back in and requeueing, the time was about where a dps time should be and it popped about when a dps timer would pop. I’m trying that for a 2nd time now - the timer reads 5 minutes, down from 23 when I first tried. We’ll see if it pops at the right time.
And it did, immediately after I said that.

Possible “fix” - Queue up on problem character. STAY QUEUED, but log out. Let it time out before you log back in, and requeue. I’ll test this again if I hit another problematic character.

Edit; Looks like another coincidence. I’ll do the characters that work, I guess, and sit on 2 hour queues when they’re done.

BETA FOR AZEROTH GG

I feel like I’m doing someone’s job for them but here’s what I have;
-This has affected both factions
-This has affected mages , warlocks, and dps demon hunters (my dps queue was 34 minutes, tank was less than 2 minutes)
-This has affected both max level and leveling characters
-Queue location doesn’t appear to have any influence (I tried instanced and non instanced areas including class halls and garrisons)
-Race doesn’t appear to have any influence (Worgen, Forsaken, Void Elf, Nightborne, Blood Elf all tested)
-Dropping and restarting the queue doesn’t reliably work
-Time of day doesn’t appear to have any influence (I’ve been at this for several hours)
-All of my tested characters have completed the quest from the item that drops

1 Like

I’m having this exact same issue on a 120 Undead fire mage Even my other pure DPS characters get in within 5 to 10 minutes I’ve sat as long as 40 minutes waiting.

yeah, I have a char that won’t que either

normal 120 character and I’m not at the instance limit

EDIT: mage, every other character dps or not has queued between 1 and 7 minutes, this char has been in queue roughly 1.5 hours, 3 separate times … I heard that demon hunters were having problems, so for DH I queued as tank and got in quickly, but not this mage

dps queue for every single one of my chars was between 1-7 minutes, except for the mage who has this bug

Took my shadow priest 41 minutes to get in.