Queue times is Blizz's fault, not ours

Blizz is handling the name reservation and launch very poorly so far. You have walked into Ony’s lair with green gear and you didn’t read the guide.

There’s minimal communication overall with people left wondering what is happening and what direction is Blizz going more times than not. More communication has been occurring lately, so let’s hope it keeps improving. Are you still using Ventrilo?

Need more transparency so we can make decisions. How full is full? What is the faction balance? You have the numbers, whether it be account wide or overall. Let us do with them as we will. We want to know the DKP system.

Queue times are your fault Blizz, not ours. You’re the ones who didn’t understand the player base and player population and made too few pvp servers. You grossly underestimated the players who want PVP servers and it’s only the Name Reservation stage of things. We’re not even talking about the people who will buy subs right before launch.
Your Marketing Team is performing like they haven’t done this before. Have they?
The Black Sheep Classic player pop reared it’s ugly head didn’t they? Showed up in large numbers and blew your projections out of the water, didn’t they? Regroup and handle it. Many Whelps.

Is launch going to reflect a company that isn’t prepared? After all, you’ve done a few launches before, haven’t you? We wouldn’t want to make the same mistakes. Or did you lose the good people in your organization? How is Activision affecting Classic? The Vision might be there, but we need more Acting.

The future of Classic and the gold that goes in your pocket depends on you. You might be in Ony’s lair in greens, but you’re not out of the fight…yet.

27 Likes

When so many people are trying to log into a game and access its content all at once there’s going to be issues. Any release that is as hyped up as classic will have issues, their severs can only handle so much regardless of whether or not they are “prepared”. I agree with you, almost all of their launches have been abysmal, and they haven’t really given much insight on their plans. But sitting here demanding that they need to somehow make it smoother while millions of people are trying to access their game at once is ridiculous.

5 Likes

A 7.5 billion dollar company should have a process path for nearly any outcome. There shouldn’t be any surprises and there should be communication.

17 Likes

No sense in placing blame. It is what it is, and will work out however it does. That said, when I think about it, if players are logging in at the same time, on the same servers, then players are crowding the queue, and are, therefore, responsible for the queue times.

Blaming someone else only makes sense, if you blame yourself too.

1 Like

I think they’re doing ok.

I mean they’ve done everything they said they would.

Selfish. Entitled. Few words that come to mind.

They’ve explained that low,med,full is what we can “expect” at launch but that will never be 100% known.

Also I dont think H/A ratio is something they’ve ever given out so why would they do it now?

9 Likes

I once had an incredibly wise boss who said, “don’t just complain, offer solutions”. In what way can Blizzard improve how they’re handling this? It’s easy to say “add more servers” “no more layering” “tell us your private data numbers”. It’s not uncommon to hide subscription numbers etc, especially with a publicly traded company. They can’t give us exact numbers, it just wouldn’t be beneficial for them to.

What they are doing is attempting to please everyone. They’re trying to protect us in a way with layering, and even though some or most of us realize this, it isn’t exactly what we want. What else can they do? Serious question.

5 Likes

Also, I don’t think I’m demanding anything. I’m pointing things out and challenging. It’s less harsh than demanding. Blizzard can do more. I’m the paying customer and I’m suggesting they do so.

I refuse to agree with ranty mcrantface threads like this one until actual launch day goes completely pear-shaped.

This isn’t a Denny’s.

16 Likes

Not my job to offer solutions. I’m the paying customer. I want a good product that I pay for. Also, I’m 100% Pro Layering. I like the solution. People against layering must not care about play quality much.

Agree with you here, however there’s basically no denying that the launch is going to be abysmal like OP said. But that’s how it always is. Millions of people trying to all access the same content at the same exact time is going to slow things down. He’s just looking for things to complain about until the game comes out because he’s the PAYING CUSTOMER!!!11111!!!

6 Likes

But in a way it is your job to offer solutions. When people complain but don’t offer helpful information we get stuck with retail. Years and years of changes they think people want because they griped about not liking something.

2 Likes

What an awesome line. I love it! :grin:

5 Likes

Lol what?
So if Blizzard right now came in here and said “Ersteman we apologize,how can we better serve you?” You’re going to tell them it’s not your job to tell them what would be better for you?

Bye.

11 Likes

Get outta here with that top notch logic sir, this is the WoW forums, you must be new here! We don’t offer helpful feedback to the company making our game, we just complain and hope they know exactly what we want!

10 Likes

Take a look at all the blue post announcements on the subject.

What is happening is exactly what Blizzard said they would do.

1. Minimum amount of realms.
  2. Announce impending ques.
  3. Open more realms.

Blizzard is at fault for ques and that’s by design. It’s not poor communication it’s lack of effort to read the announcements and see how things are going to go.

That or it’s purposeful “professional customer syndrome”, feign outrage to attempt to get free stuff.

10 Likes

You must have enjoyed those Name Reservation queue times and DCs then?
Don’t trivialize my paying customer comment. We, as paying customers, deserve a quality product, right?

2 Likes

Layering is supposed to ease queue times (among other things), so hopefully for those on the largest servers, a queue that once would have been an hour+ will be cut in half or more. I’m on Mankrik, which is already at High and likely to have queues as well, just not to the extreme.

Yeah I hope it goes smoothly, I was also talking about just in game lag and delays in general. Aside from queue times, I have yet to play a WoW expansion on release day without getting kicked off the server once, or lagging out, etc. But I don’t complain about it because I know that millions of other people are all trying to do the same thing I’m doing at the same exact time which can lead to issues. Call me nostalgic and starry eyed, but I’m just excited for the game and don’t really feel like complaining before it’s even released. OP is just bored I think.

1 Like

Abysmal? It’s going to be insane. You don’t actually want a smooth launch, do you? ‘Nothing to see here; move along’? No! It’s going to be a launch for the ages, the last great cry of the MMOs, something to remember.

7 Likes

Why reserve judgment till you have all the facts. When you can just go full blown irrational based on conjecture! It’s what the cool kids are doing these days lol.

Couldn’t agree with you more.

That’s a wise man indeed. To bad it will fall on deaf ears.

The only thing complaining does is convince other people that you are not in control.

Take control, offer solutions or take action. But complaining because your a “paying customer” is horribly entitled and childish.

7 Likes