Quests not showing up for my wife when we play together

I’m having a issue where my wife and I are playing characters together but quests are showing up for me that are not showing up for my wife. We started these characters together and have only played on them together during our lunch breaks each day. They are at level 70 now.

I did spend time playing on another character by myself and have progressed further on that character so that I have world quests and have done time rifts and stuff like that and some of the Zaralek cavern stuff and all the dragon glyphs.

It is really frustrating to try to quest with my wife now since she does not see the same quests available.

Is this happening because my other character has progressed further and so my alts see quests that my wife does not? Is there any way to fix this? I tried party sync but that did not seem to do anything since we are the same level.

Anybody else having this issue?

In most cases what happens is one character misses a key quest that openes up other quest lines and/or phases.

Much would depend on what quests you are referring to, Spruqwa, if they are available because you unlocked something on another character or your wife’s character may be missing a quest that makes it available.

Do you have some samples?

4 Likes

If you are doing older content together, make sure she has low level tracking turned on. It’s off by default.

You can click the (very tiny) pair of binoculars by your minimap and toggle that option on and off.

1 Like

Thanks Jeysca, however we are not doing older content, we are questing in Dragonflight content and having this issue.

Note: I changed from Spruqwa to Greysee character here on the forum.

Quests that I can see but not my Wife:

Valrakken:

•	Oh Where, Oh Where Can He Be
•	The Ruby Feast
•	Aiding the accord: Time Rift
•	A Debt That Must Be Paid
•	The World Awaits
•	Relaxation Time
•	The Wayward Waywatcher
•	Dawn of the Infinite
•	The Algeth’ar Academy

Zaralek Cavern:

•	Tougher Down Under
•	Power Unified
•	A Worthy Ally: Loamm Niffen

We also recently rolled two new Evokers and as soon as we got to the dragon isles I started having quests available that my wife does not.

I’m not sure of the best way to get her to a point where she can see the same quests as me.
I’ve unlocked world quests on a different character and she has not yet progressed the main quest line to unlock world quests.

Also on another note, I have a question mark for turn in of the quest “A Message Most Dire” but the quest giver is not there for me so I can’t turn it in.

I appreciate any advice you can provide that might help.

Thank you!

Well, at first glance it looks like you have the achievement “Just Don’t Ask Me to Spell It” on your level 70 Tauren Druid. That would have unlocked a lot of content for your alternate characters that your wife wouldn’t have access to.

So for that achievement she needs to complete the criteria Valdrakken, City of Dragons, Time Management and Big Time Adventurer. You can find that listed on the achievement page and the comments section usually will list the individual quests in order.

For her, she is on Nowhere to Hide. Your character is on the quest just before it, “A Message Most Dire”, which I cover from the quote below.

For Zaralek Caverns, “A Worthy Ally: Loamm Niffen” is a weekly quest, so she’d need to have world quests unlocked by completing the Breaking Ground storyline.

Same with the others, you both already started the quest line on those characters but she is currently on the quest Scars of Earth and Fire. Your character has the previous quest still in progress " Where the Flames Fell".

Story NPCs tend to move around or disappear based on the part of the story you are currently part of. It looks like you started a quest line where Alexstrasza moved to Tyhold. If you had the quest “To Tyrhold” you could just abandon that and she would reappear in Valdrakken, but you have progressed beyond that and both have “Aspect Power”.

You should be able to speak with her in Tyrhold, or complete that quest line to return her to Valdrakken.

Hopefully, that helps.

2 Likes

Thank you for all that great info. We will work on getting her completed with Valdrakken, City of Dragons, Time Management and Big Time Adventurer.

Also I was able to abandon the “Aspect Power” quest and then go back to Valdrakken and Alexstrasza was there so I could turn in “A Message Most Dire” and pick up the follow up quests.

Having content unlock for my alts is cool when it is just me playing solo, but it does seem to make it a bit of a headache when leveling other characters with my wife. Just my two cents. Would be kinda cool maybe if you could toggle that off when playing with others to level other characters.

Thanks for you help!

2 Likes

That is definitely feedback you may want to submit to our Game Developers. You can do so by posting on the community forums, like the Quest Forums in this case, or by submitting it through the Submit a Suggestion option found in the Support Menu in-game.

Generally speaking, I’d let the one who hasn’t unlocked additional features lead the way when picking up quests. You can also look up the individual aspects of the game on sites like WoWhead. They usually are pretty good at tracking what leads to what. :slight_smile:

Good luck to you both.

5 Likes

Thank you Vrakthris, you have been very helpful and quick to respond too.

Much appreciated!

5 Likes