Questions on BG's ilvl

The 445 gear you get is like the honor level gear.

It’s not a physical pain. It more of a mental pain. Kind of like seeing you friend’s 300 lb dad in a speedo.

You can only fly at 500 CP week.

1 Like

I love being 490 conquest and already got your skirm win in for the day and then you see a crate fall outside zuldazar. Having to make that decision to waste 40 conquest, wait 2 hours for the next assault, try for another epic bg win, or turn in the brawl/bg quest and lose even more conquest. It’s great player agency.

3 Likes

Not quite. It’s way more difficult to gear up through pvp. You need to form teams, wait people to start. Typical epic BG’s wait time is > 15 min for me, which I can already finish a few world quest. And as a new player in arena, unless I’m with someone in the guild, it’s difficult to join arena and other people won’t play with you for a few round. So I think the gear from pvp should be more rewarding, considering it’s more difficult in general.

Meanwhile, PvE like world quest and mythic/raiding seems fastest to gear up. While I like raiding and mythic, some world quest are just painful. It’s literally a terrible experience for me, who defeats G’hunn and N’zoth to save Azeroth, to help turtles into the waters and teach them to walk circles and squares.

some players r just selfish

why would u enter a BG with 70k hp just to get instantly killed? When u can spend 1 hour doing WQ that give guranteed gear that can eventually boost your hp by 200k if done for 60 minutes?

Some people r just out there to troll and mess with the team dynamic.

Honestly pvp should not be about gear at all. It makes no sense IMO. one guy presses a button and it does 100 % more damage than the other guy who presses the same button… thats not skill, thats stupid.

Honestly, I don’t think it is. I think there’s this expectation of fantasy in WoW that involves a progression of power. In PvE it works really well, but in PvP it falls apart. It’s been this way for 15 years, but it feels like maybe Blizzard keeps trying to make it work anyway? I mean, look at your own gear… you’re ilvl 442, which is really respectable for a new player; however, your hp pool is over 100 less than mine, at ilvl 471, which is only one tier up. That’s a significant difference, but there’s not much you can do about it… and you’ve clearly made an active effort to pursue gear!

I wrote up another post on this topic, if you’re interested. It’s a bit of a read, but you can see the second section here:

To mitigate the BG thing though, the best thing you can do for yourself is to run M+ to get the 475 azerite pieces. Try to complete a +15 every week for the titan residium. Try to queue with a few friends in BGs… even a geared team of two, DPS/Healer, working together in a BG can make a big difference to mitigate the folks who wander into a BG immediately upon hitting 120.

That’s not really how it played out, though. In fact, in those expansions, the problem was somewhat worse! People still went into BGs immediately upon hitting 120, in terrible gear, it just meant that if they AFK their way to currency, they will eventually get a lot of gear. This was a huge problem back then.

Right now, with Random BGs being relatively ineffective for gearing purposes, there is much less incentive to be AFK. For players who actually want to participate and play, you can gear pretty easily through PvE activities. It’s totally *not* ideal that the best way to gear for PvP is to PvE, but I feel like it’s better than how it used to be for people who actually play the game.

Personally, I’d prefer to have gear just not matter nearly as much at all in PvP and just let class balance and skill be the deciding factors. That’s my own preference though.

2 Likes

In my opinion, it’s not player’s fault. It’s the system. Say at lvl 70 I can play pvp with similar opponents but when a player finally hit 120 he suddenly gonna face other player with 300K more HP. This does not make sense to me, at all.

I agree in BGs there should be no gear at all. After all, people are looking for a fair fight with an emphasize on skills in BG’s.

:woozy_face:

Okay, we’re definitely even now for the “warcraft is a feeling” vid. I needed this visual like I needed polio.

Yeah… It’s almost like vendors and the warlords conquest catch up mechanics make more sense? Lol

1 Like

The power gap is pretty insane right now in random bgs.

Geared PvEers are wrecking balls.

1 Like

During wod they took 200 points off each week you were behind. Seems about the same because at least you get the whole 500 points. With that said, I do think there should be a rollover rather than just losing points.

1 Like

The scaling hardly does anything and it takes literally 100s of games to get to 460 gear

Try doing the math and you will see that I’m right

1 Like

Try to win a 6-6 brawl with 70 k teammates while everyone on the other side has 500 k plus health .

3 Likes

That’s not what she said though. I think she may be wrong about scaling (I haven’t seen any evidence of this, tbh), but it doesn’t take long to get decent ilvl (ie, 445). Unfortunately, you just have to do PvE activities.

Also, unfortunately, the discrepancy between tiers is very off this season. I’m at ilvl 471 and have around 500k hp. Folks with 445 ilvl are at, or under, 400k hp for classes who aren’t either tank spec’d, or a warlock.

This is a big difference (20% increase) that, to overcome, you’re either looking at 2k+ rated play, or many, many weeks of M+ or Heroic Raiding. Some folks see this as appropriate time investment for an MMO type game, some folks think it defeats the spirit of skill based combat.

1 Like

its a a big difference, its pretty amazing how many people still try to deny it

they post a bunch of anecdotal bs when a geared team loses for some reason. hoping for the other team to be bad isnt a game plan

1 Like

One shots would actually happen if there weren’t scaling…

I know they do diminish the amount of damage abilities do, but isn’t a flat amount? So the relative power difference between a 445 ilvl and a 470 ilvl stays relatively the same?

Probably depends more on stats.

For all intents and purposes, that’s pretty much the same thing. It’s not the same kind of scaling they had at the start of BfA that let a 110 effectively fight a 120. I’m pretty sure they patched that out almost immediately because people didn’t understand what was happening and complained about dying to someone 10 levels lower than them.