Question Regarding Mount Drops and/or World Bosses

Ive gotten there using mage portals - I have 10 level 1 characters there at the moment. But yes only 10 characters per account.

I understand that, but it took reading every post here and reading your text paragraph twice to figure out what you were asking in the first place.

“I had a question regarding the drop chance of items in the game from world bosses and how they exactly work. Hypothetically, if I were to make several level 1 characters and have them hit a “miss” attack on the “Sha of Anger”, do I still qualify for loot?” <— I think if you had asked it like this, your question would have been answered much more quickly.

2 Likes

Jakaroth has a point here tho while yes the drop chance of the mount on any given kill would remain 1/2000, If i had 50 toon’s, every week i would have had 50 chances at a 1/2000 drop.

4 Likes

Gotchya, will do!

It’s been a while but I believe the formula for cumulative success, assuming a 1% drop and 50 runs is:

100*(1-[0.99^(50)]) = 39.4993932862463%

2 Likes

My formula differs from yours but that’s besides the point we are both on the same track here towards the same thesis. More chance = Higher Cumulative Chance attempts. My formula is: [(Drop Chance as a Fraction)(# of characters attempting that week)] x 100. For instance, Invincible on 3 toons, [(1/100)(3)] x 100 = 3%.

1 Like

I believe all you need is to be on the mobs aggro table when it dies and even a miss would put you there.

1 Like

Not when you are 89 levels lower than the mob in question. Beyond that, the mobs the Sha spawns and the slime will immediately kill a level 1. Heck, a lvl 1 would pull every mob in a 100 yards to smack him before he could attempt to miss lol

To qualify for loot he would need to be lvl 90. Specially when its a world boss

3 Likes

Good catch!

1 Like

Which ive been saying but everyone been missing that.

2 Likes

Nah, I saw it Darth

Lol

I said this above as well but it was mixed with a larger wall oh text and not expicit

1 Like

Probability is not cumulative. If there is a 1% chance of a particular outcome, logically there is a 99% chance of that outcome not happening. You say that running a 1% scenario 50 times effectively makes your odds 50/50. By that logic, a 99% chance of failure, mutliplied by 50 attempts, you’d have a 4950% chance of failure.

Your odds reset each and every time you run the encounter.

2 Likes

Teufelgott, I spent early this morning telling him the same thing. He doesn’t get it and refuses to.

What others have already stated is correct.

When looking at statistical probabilities - you have to remember - the dice have no memory.

If you have a 1% chance at something happening, it’s always 1%. Repetitions in the MILLIONS may produce a significant statistical number, Those done within human capabilities of dozens, or even hundreds of times - may very well not.

3 Likes

That’s been changed. You can have all 50 characters on one realm now.

Edit:

The limit on the number of characters that can be created on a realm has been removed. The account-wide character limit remains at 50.

3 Likes

Thanks for your response. Would you be able to confirm whether or not hitting a “dodge”, “miss”, or no number at all as a level 1 to the Sha of Anger would make me eligible for the drop table?

That’s going to fall under “Game Hints”, namely asking how X works, or if you can do something to get X, etc.

1 Like

What are Game Hints? Is that a rule?

You will only qualify for loot if you are high enough lvl to kill it. It is a world boss that qualifies as a level 90 raid boss. Therefore you need to be level 90 Jakaroth, to qualify for loot

Game Masters are unable to provide Game Hints.
    Game Hints consist primarily of providing information on the functionality of the game, drop rates and locations, encounter mechanics, etc…
6 Likes