Question Profile view thing

Ummm i Have noticed Some toons you can view activity and view profile but then on some you can only view activity? How is that possible? Also i do not think its a lvl thing because some of said toons are high level.

Just Curious but might anyone have an answer?

1 Like

Could you provide a link to a thread and the name of a poster that is like that?

Note to Mod: Not a “naming and shaming” just trying to see an example of someone who is like that

1 Like

the person who made the snarky reply above you only has the one option if you click that persons picture

1 Like

There’s a bit of a privacy mechanism thingy. You can disable that button from showing up in your own profile I think. Doesn’t actually stop you showing up on the armory, but does make it a bit more difficult.

2 Likes

thats where i found the answer after alot of searching

2 Likes

Well I’ll be… You just earned yourself a like
So if you click your character icon in the upper right corner, then click the Settings “Sprocket” icon, Click Preferences, then click Interface, there’s a checkbox for that.

Must not keep you from seeing your own profile but it prevents others from your profile.

It’s a bit silly because from a forum point-of-view, it’s your forum posts that really matter and those are still visible. And all I need to do to see the armor is then right click your character avatar and select Open and I see a link that has, for example,
Necrofai-nesingwary
5 seconds later that becomes
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/nesingwary/Necrofai

Hello Necrofai

2 Likes

Well I just read on another thread that you can choose to hide your profile, that may be the reason why.

1 Like

It may well be they put that in there to stop the armory shaming that people sometimes like to engage in when they are unable to win an argument against someone.

1 Like

i have a feeling those things will still happen as you can still view armories it just takes an extra step or two…

Some of us just liked our privacy although yes some of the shadow alts were trolls … alot of us just wanted to be the unknowns the invisible.

In life and In game i do not want to be berated over what i have or have not done, as im sure there are other who feel the same as I

new forums are pretty cool btw although i have yet to figure them out

2 Likes

It will totally keep happening.

Personally, I want people to see my armory. If I’m asking for help on something that often provides immediate context.

I would even go so far as to allow people to see all characters on my account. I think some people would freak out about that but when I played other games it provides a huge amount of context when exchanging ideas about different classes.

1 Like

yeah it will…sadly

On a bright note i did level this forum toon to lvl 10 this am just so i could post on her!!! Go Me Go! LOL

:fortune_cookie::fortune_cookie::fortune_cookie: hope you all get a good fortune

As for OP, there’s a option you can enable in your settings that hides your profile, post history, and makes it a little bit of a hurdle to get to someone’s armory, though not entirely.

Here’s my thread on showing how to do so, in case you’re curious: You can hide your profile and presence

If you hover your mouse over someone’s name, you can still see what realm they are from. So, if you go to your armory and type in their realm name and character name in the URL, you’ll still access their armory.

I don’t like the privacy change and don’t understand the big fuss over “muh privacy” but more options, the better. The downside, if I can’t see your post history and you’re trying to make a sound argument, it’s going to seem difficult to see your perspective, if it appears you’re trolling to me, since you’re hiding behind something. Just an example from my end.

1 Like

Has nothing to do with privacy options IMHO.

Friend of mine has the privacy option turned on. You try to look at his forum profile and it won’t let you see anything but the text “This user’s public profile is hidden.”

Yet for the posters who I can’t see the “view profile” button on I can click “View Activity” and see all of their forum profile

1 Like

I don’t have a preferences tab on my armory page. Is my profile visible from the forum for others? I only see View Activity when I click my own portrait.

Click your portrait on the top right of the screen.
Click the little gear icon.
You should see a ‘preferences’ tab towards the center of the page. On the left side, you should see a small menu, one of the options being interface.

After clicking ‘interface’, you should see a checkbox that lets you flip said profile button on and off.

I agree. The only reason I ever look at anyone’s armory is so I can see their full transmog lol

2 Likes

finding alot of good info about the new forums from these older threads. i guess i have a lot to do to get to trust3… off to do some reading

1 Like