For those curious - there are privacy settings

It does look like there is a way to hide your “public profile” if you go to your profile, click on the Preferences tab, click Interface and check the “Hide my public profile and presence features” option

I know some people value privacy, just thought I’d point this out.

22 Likes

Neat. Thanks for the info. There’s so many new things it’s tough to process all at once. Like, you can now see people writing their replies in realtime, the thread updates in realtime… when you delete a post it just hides it and says it’ll be deleted in 24 hours. There’s a timestamp thing to it now too?

So many things…

9 Likes

Yeah there is a lot of new stuff, some things I really did not expect actually. This is a very functional forum, to say the least. Lots of little things… I actually edited the title while I was writing this reply, so I guess multitasking too lol.

3 Likes

[quote=“Xoja-proudmoore, post:1, topic:19965”]
It does look like there is a way to hide your “public profile” if you go to your profile
[/quote]Huh. Before this I wasn’t even aware there was going to be a public profile. Is there somewhere that we can see exactly what that is? Also, can someone tell me why my quote isn’t working?

Also, can someone tell me why my quote isn’t working?

Test

[quote=“Karat-anubarak, post:4, topic:19965, full:true”]

Looks like “whole post quote” might be broken, but blockquote works, it just doesn’t do a quote that gives your name or a link to your post

Good find OP, thank you!

Looks like “whole post quote” might be broken, but blockquote works, it just doesn’t do a quote that gives your name or a link to your post

Great. Between the annoying thread format, broken quotes, and mysterious privacy settings, I’m liking these improvements more and more. Thanks for pointing that out.

1 Like

There’s a place where we can plop down ignored users too. It probably links directly to in-line stuff. * shrug *

This feature changes next to nothing though. People can still armory you easily and your “profile” is pretty much your armory.

Should let us put some things on our “profile” if they’re going for some kind of social media whatever.

I have not turned it on myself or come across a profile that had it on yet but maybe if people want more privacy and push for it there will be further settings.

I really doubt Armory will get a privacy option though, maybe they could add partial layers of privacy for it but I really doubt they would take away the option to look at someone’s gear or Achievements.

I’ve got it enabled. I still have no idea what that changes though.

1 Like

I don’t know much about them adding “further settings” because pretty much the only thing they could add would be a way to either block people so they can’t see your post, or full on hide your armory.

I don’t really see either happening. I tested out the new feature with a couple friends. It just makes it so you can’t click them to go straight to their armory.

1 Like

It hid everything. I can’t see anything about your profile, or visit your Armory from the forums, but I can still search your character on Armory on the WoW home page.

I can search your post history too, but only if I manually search your name.

1 Like

I can’t click “view profile” when I click on your character picture. “view profile” just takes me to your armory page, which I can still go to if I go to the armory, and search for you.

2 Likes

Just left click their name and choose “activity”.

1 Like

honestly dont care what people know about me on the blizzard platform.

2 Likes

It just shows “This user’s public profile is hidden.” if I click on “view activity” if that’s what you meant.

That’s a good feature but I’ll keep mine public. I’m not ashamed of my accomplishments and gear I’m wearing. I know I still have a lot to learn even after being a sub for nearly three months now. Who knows, maybe someone might offer me helpful tips based on what my profile shows.

1 Like

That’s reasonable, and for now I am keeping mine public too. I just figured there were people out there that do value having at least some of the privacy they did on the old forums.

1 Like

shew i finally found the answer!! thanks for putting the info out there!!

2 Likes