Question for Dispellers

Dispellers, I have some honest questions, to which I’m hoping you’ll give a candid answer.

What goes through your mind when you decide to go to Org/SW and use your time to take people’s DMT and SF buffs?

Is it out of nostalgia, hoping people will give up on world buffs and return to the original vanilla?

Is it out of spite for the other faction?

Are you simply out of things to do in Classic but don’t want to stop playing?

And finally, where did you go wrong in life that lead you to value your and others’ time so little?

2 Likes

ThEy r dOing gOdS weRk.

12 Likes

Posts like this give them the validation they’re looking for. They know it upsets people and that’s why they do it.

I’m not saying it’s right or wrong (I’d personally never waste my time doing it but I also play on PvE realms).

It’s a similar mindset to someone who rolls a rogue just to gank low level players all day long but runs/hides when equal level characters show up.

10 Likes

They’re doing it so folks like you will come and post your salt on the forums.

10 Likes

They’re doing pvp on a pvp server. You can always realm swap to a pve server for $20.00 plus tax.

9 Likes

It’s the same reason people gank lowbies on their raid geared 60s. They have no control in their sad real life, so they gank (or dispel) to gain some semblance of control back in their own life, at the expense of someone else’s enjoyment of the game. Playing on pve servers let’s you avoid these sad humans, which is why anyone who values their time plays on one.

5 Likes

FotM zug race: Check
1 Forum Post: Check
Tears over parsing: Check
Horde: Check

8 Likes

They’re doing God’s work.

It’s done because it upsets people. Target selection out in the world is slim for ganking. You get better bang for your time spent dispelling in SW/Org. Just that simple.

Don’t want to be impacted by the eternal hunt for victims on a PVP server? Transfer to PVE.

5 Likes

As a disclaimer, I’ve been the victim of this several times and have never done it myself.

That out of the way…

…if you want honest, candid answers, this question puts any prospective audience immediately on the defensive, and works against you. It’s just not productive.

Also, I think the main reason is just for $#!@$ & giggles…similar to your third option, but mostly about killing time before raid is my guess.

4 Likes

Somehow these two statements contradict one another.

They don’t. That’s the nature of pvp servers and what makes them good. If nobody was out there upsetting the opposite factions, there would be no point in having a pvp server to begin with.

So, they are doing the lords work and making pvp servers better than they otherwise would be.

1 Like

Nope, you’re still not making any sense.

Then a PVE server is likely the right place for you. And unlike many users around here that say that as a slur, I mean it truthfully. Everyone who plays the game deserves to have a good time, and pvp servers aren’t right for everyone.

4 Likes

No, you not making sense doesn’t mean you are correct. You don’t make sense. PvP means Player versus Player. It doesn’t mean turds sitting around dispelling for the purposes of being annoying. Dispelling buffs is for the purposes of winning a battle, thus PvP.

And again, there are no gods who find this amusing or who give two craps about the status of a PvP server.

See what I’m saying makes sense. What you’re saying doesn’t.

Because you dont have the mindset of a pvp player, and thats fine. Just like I dont understand the desire to minmax a parse because I don’t have a pve mindset, and thats fine.

2 Likes

Roll on PvE

4 Likes

I enjoy doing my part to make sure min/max players are getting what they truly desire by playing on a PVP server.

NOT to do so is selfish. They rolled on a PVP server to have a sense of danger, and mystery. They also want the extra challenges of navigating a hostile world. Who am I to deny them what they want.

HOWEVER - for my alliance brothers - for maximum salt, I enjoy parking my priest behind the flightmaster at bloodvenom. It’s way more fun to MC them off the cliff and get ALL their buffs via death than just dispelling trib.

It’s really lovely.

5 Likes

Actually, that’s exactly what a PVP server means. And do you know all the gods?

Here’s a long list of gods who would find this amusing:

https://www.learnreligions.com/trickster-gods-and-goddesses-2561501

3 Likes

“wahhh stop doing pvp on a pvp server wahhhhhhh”

4 Likes

ACKTSHUALLY, my real life is pretty great but I have to be nice to everyone for mine and my business’s reputation. I gank lowbies and dispel people because I am roleplaying as someone mean.

6 Likes