Question For Blizz, Grief Related

The primary reason I never cared about world buffs is because they go away. More often than not, because of my own mistakes. Regardless… They’re not required to clear content. I’d just raid without.

I’d say you’re comparing apples to oranges. Circumventing in-game mechanics via guards protecting towns is different than WBuff purging.

What I guess I didn’t completely specify was that when I said they wouldn’t intervene on this is that the person I was quoting was saying this person was griefing and therefore should be considered for punishment and I’d gladly take the bet that if they were to do anything they’d change them to undispellable or turn them off for raids, not punish anyone for dispelling.

The long living mantra of WoW has been PvP happened on a PvP server, there is very little room for getting actioned for PvP shenanigans no matter how cruel those actions are and that concept has existed since Vanilla and has largely been untouched even in Shadowlands. It really has to be circumventing game design in a way that isn’t intended, such as rooftop camping that you mentioned. Lowbie ganking, WBuff dispelling, raiding and controlling a city, etc, does not fall under griefing on a PvP server.

They don’t punish them because Blizzard has never really been the PvP police. It’s very possible that Blizzard of Vanilla WoW would have done something to fix this issue if it had become an issue and was ruining player enjoyment, but it wouldn’t have been via punishing players dispelling.

This is exactly the game experience you signed up for when you picked a pvp server.

Is he using Third-Party Automation Software?

The dispelling is part of PvP. But if he’s controlling 6 accounts with automated software, you can definitely report him for that.

I agree they probably wouldn’t have banned anyone for it, I was more meaning that Blizzard probably would have done something (like changing the buff from being labeled as magic), especially if a lot of tickets were being generated. That’s probably why they ever did something with rooftop camping even though you’re correct that it was terrain exploiting (which is pretty common in Classic these days and not a lot is done about it).

I also know exactly what you’re talking about Blizzard not caring about lowbie ganking and everything like that. I love world PVP. I don’t dispel with my 60 priest because I consider it boring, just like I don’t grey gank because I consider that boring. I’d rather use my priest to do things I consider fun like throwing people off cliffs.

Both grey ganking and dispelling do make the world more dangerous and dynamic when people do them though and make people have to watch their back which is the point of PVP servers, so I am not personally complaining.

The actual person we are talking about though has also done non-dispel related things that could be considered griefing and are not even PVP, unless PVP means griefing your own faction in non-PVP ways. I mostly have just watched the show as it has nothing to do with me. I have been in Discord with him though and he’s creepy (in ways I’m not discussing here). He’s very much an attention seeker.