Question about starting a New Account

I hope someone here can point me in the right direction. I am looking at setting up a new BNet Account for my Grandson for his Birthday which is coming up soon.

I want to have a separate account for him because I don’t want him to possibly screw up the account I have played on for many years. I think I would end up in the hospital if something like that happened. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to do that with game gold? I know starter accounts can’t get mail or trade with other players. I know you can play up to Level 20 on starter accounts, but he wants to play around with pet battles and pet collecting and that you can’t do on a starter account.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

Thanks, I read that earlier but it doesn’t say if there is a way to convert a starter account to standard using in game gold, so I am guessing you can’t do it.

Oh well, it was worth a try.

Add time to a starter account with sub or 60 days game time.
Please look at age requirements for their own account or use parents name.
No need to buy shadow lands.
Up to 50 level.

You have to subscribe the account to get it out of starter status. A subscription can technically be purchased with game gold by buying WoW tokens off the AH with gold and converting the token to Blizzard balance and then purchasing subscription time with the Blizzard balance.

Don’t think you can gift Blizzard ballance, but yes after the account has mail.
You can send the gold over and they buy the token.

Hello a quick question since we are talking about starter accounts. A buddy of mine that i am going to be playing the game with went on vacation. He did mail me some stuff to get me started for TBC. My account is a starter account atm. I see the mail icon on my mini map but i do not see any mail in mailbox. Will the items show up after the starter account restrictions are lifted tomorrow evening or did he just lose everything he sent me? thanks for the help…